Instagram     

Go Back   PNW Moto > Buy and Sell > Want To Buy

Want To Buy Tell us what you want to buy

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Alpine 318is
  • 1 Post By Alpine 318is
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Mar 1st 2019, 08:07 AM   #1
 Alpine 318is's Avatar
 
  Jun 2016
  Kirkland, WA

  2011 Triumph Daytona 675, 2005 GSXR 600
600cc Fuel Injected Track Bike

Looking to buy a track bike for ~$2000. I am hoping to get into track riding and would like to get a dedicated track bike. I am looking for something in the 2002+ range of the Japanese big 4. I would prefer a "Stock" Motor in terms of not a supersport build or anything too crazy. I just want to put in 92 octane and go.

Looking for bikes that are already built track bikes not something crashed that could be turned into a track bike. Extras are a plus as are race stands.

Minor mods would be appreciated too.

Thanks so much!
mgfchapin likes this.
Mar 1st 2019, 10:18 AM   #2
 jared p's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  here

  there
i know theres a project gsxr600 at OPM that may fit your needs, give Alan a call 425-765-3691 i'm not 100% what it needs to be good to go, i believe the front brake lever is in a bucket and we pulled the rectifier regulator off but, easy fix stuff.

here's a link to it https://opmotorsports.com/vehicle/su...600-2006-2500/
Mar 1st 2019, 01:12 PM   #3
 Brassneck's Avatar
 
  Apr 2016
  Seattle, WA

  '79 XS650; '01 FZ1
Have you checked CL?

Here's a few:
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/m...831242558.html

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/m...830253742.html

https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/m...820193874.html
Mar 1st 2019, 03:12 PM   #4
 Alpine 318is's Avatar
 
  Jun 2016
  Kirkland, WA

  2011 Triumph Daytona 675, 2005 GSXR 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by jared p
i know theres a project gsxr600 at OPM that may fit your needs, give Alan a call 425-765-3691 i'm not 100% what it needs to be good to go, i believe the front brake lever is in a bucket and we pulled the rectifier regulator off but, easy fix stuff.

here's a link to it https://opmotorsports.com/vehicle/su...600-2006-2500/
I did happen to come across that bike on the website. It's not totally out of the question but I was hoping to find something that is already set up for the track and not more or less in street form.

First one I hadn't seen yet (only up for 3 hours when I clicked the link) I'll contact the seller but it talks about being a track bike but the pictures are fully in street form so not sure what that is.

Second one I am in contact with right now, but he seems to be firm on the $2500 price and I just am not sure that is a great deal.

Third, is a 750. Supersport build and out of my price range

Thanks so much looking and for the replies
Mar 3rd 2019, 06:29 PM   #5
 
  Apr 2016
  Spokane Valley

The first link I'm fairly certain is spam, unfortunately. The description in the paragraph doesn't match the description beneath the map. 2013 in the description up top and 2016 in the lower. Also those are not just street trim shots, I think they are "stock" advertising shots.

Also I'm near 99 percent sure I've seen that exact wording on another track bike ad for an older motorcycle.

Last clue is the price. Very low for what is described. If it's on the up and up jump on it. Best deal you could probably find. But I don't think it's real.

The second ad is a fairly nice bike. I've actually contacted him in the past. He's had it listed before for less, fyi. I probably would have pulled the trigger but i didn't want another 2nd gen Yamaha.

Just done this myself. You won't find great stuff for your budget but you should be able to find something if you look long/hard enough. Be prepared to do a little work to fix up some minor issues. Expand your range if you can. Portland cl lists good stuff from time to time as well. Being in Spokane aka sport bike/track bike purgatory made it tough for me logistically. Being in Kirkland should be better for when good deals pop up. Jump on them as they go quick.

Good luck!
Mar 3rd 2019, 09:46 PM   #6
 Brassneck's Avatar
 
  Apr 2016
  Seattle, WA

  '79 XS650; '01 FZ1
You should also post on the wmrra Facebook page, lots of racers trading up and or thinning their herd.
Mar 4th 2019, 09:05 AM   #7
 Alpine 318is's Avatar
 
  Jun 2016
  Kirkland, WA

  2011 Triumph Daytona 675, 2005 GSXR 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxr6
The first link I'm fairly certain is spam, unfortunately. The description in the paragraph doesn't match the description beneath the map. 2013 in the description up top and 2016 in the lower. Also those are not just street trim shots, I think they are "stock" advertising shots.

Also I'm near 99 percent sure I've seen that exact wording on another track bike ad for an older motorcycle.

Last clue is the price. Very low for what is described. If it's on the up and up jump on it. Best deal you could probably find. But I don't think it's real.

The second ad is a fairly nice bike. I've actually contacted him in the past. He's had it listed before for less, fyi. I probably would have pulled the trigger but i didn't want another 2nd gen Yamaha.

Just done this myself. You won't find great stuff for your budget but you should be able to find something if you look long/hard enough. Be prepared to do a little work to fix up some minor issues. Expand your range if you can. Portland cl lists good stuff from time to time as well. Being in Spokane aka sport bike/track bike purgatory made it tough for me logistically. Being in Kirkland should be better for when good deals pop up. Jump on them as they go quick.

Good luck!
Yup first one is a scam. Got the typical BS emails, cashiers check etc.

The R6 does seem well set up and a good situation I just think the price is high and the seller isn't really that willing to negotiate saying "for your offer I would rather just keep it" so we are just at a stalemate as of now.

It's not that I'm not willing to do a bit of work I would just prefer to exhaust all the turn-key options before going down that path. My current craigslist searches are Seattle, Portland, Spokane and Vancouver, BC


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brassneck
You should also post on the wmrra Facebook page, lots of racers trading up and or thinning their herd.
That's a great idea. I have been looking on the WMRRA forum but that moves at a snails pace. I'm an old school forum guy so I tend to forget that most of the action is on facebook.

Thanks again for the help
Apr 8th 2019, 02:14 PM   #8
 Alpine 318is's Avatar
 
  Jun 2016
  Kirkland, WA

  2011 Triumph Daytona 675, 2005 GSXR 600
FOUND!

Brassneck likes this.
Reply

  PNW Moto > Buy and Sell > Want To Buy



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ktm fuel-injected 2 stroke!! Thumperpilot Motorcycles 10 Jul 11th 2017 10:38 AM
For Trade: My Track Bike for your Street bike. 2wheelpodcast Classifieds 0 Jun 5th 2017 12:52 PM
Track bike advice ChopperDr Track 11 Feb 25th 2017 03:29 AM
For Sale: 2006 R6 track bike rider4ever Classifieds 1 Mar 11th 2016 08:22 AM
Want To Buy: ISO: R6 or GSXR 600/750 -- 06/07 track bike paradox206 Want To Buy 7 Mar 10th 2016 03:02 PM




Copyright © 2019 PNW Moto. All rights reserved.