Instagram     

Go Back   PNW Moto > Washington > Tri-Cities

Tri-Cities Rides, meetups, regional discussions | Tri-Cities, Walla Walla, Yakima, Ellensburg, Wenatchee

Like Tree11Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Apr 24th 2020, 10:40 AM   #16
 
  Jan 2016
  Kennewick

  2014 FJR-ES
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTwister
Steve, Chris Kurtz and I still plan on going. We would like to leave with you from Starbucks at 9:00, if that's your plan?
I just talked to the the manager of the motel (prior to reading your post) and was told that while the motel is open the Kamiah bars and taverns are completely closed and the restaurants are take out only, Idaho’s 14 day quarantine for out of state visitors is also still in effect (as is Washington’s Stay At Home Order).

Accordingly, since I am somewhat high risk due to my age, have decided not to fight city hall and have cancelled my motel reservations. Things may change between now and May 8 but I think this year’s ride, at least for me, is a victim of Covid-19.

Ride safe and stay healthy!
Apr 24th 2020, 02:39 PM   #17
 MrTwister's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Eastern Oregon

  16 Honda Africa Twin, 09 Hayabusa, and 08 DR650
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrider007
I just talked to the the manager of the motel (prior to reading your post) and was told that while the motel is open the Kamiah bars and taverns are completely closed and the restaurants are take out only, Idaho’s 14 day quarantine for out of state visitors is also still in effect (as is Washington’s Stay At Home Order).

Accordingly, since I am somewhat high risk due to my age, have decided not to fight city hall and have cancelled my motel reservations. Things may change between now and May 8 but I think this year’s ride, at least for me, is a victim of Covid-19.

Ride safe and stay healthy!
Ok thanks.
Apr 24th 2020, 03:41 PM   #18
 chadams66's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Garden Home

  2012 Versys...'83 BMW R80 RT...Suzuki GS 450t
Montana bars will be opening May 4th...crossing my fingers for Idaho to open up too..for "you the people"...
Apr 24th 2020, 08:45 PM   #19
 MrTwister's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Eastern Oregon

  16 Honda Africa Twin, 09 Hayabusa, and 08 DR650
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadams66
Montana bars will be opening May 4th...crossing my fingers for Idaho to open up too..for "you the people"...
Ok, let's see.
May 1st 2020, 12:41 PM   #20
 Buckwheet's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Tri-Cities, WA

  Aprilia, Honda, Suzuki & Triumph
This is still a go. Rooms are plenty & Idaho is “opening-up” today.
May 1st 2020, 01:01 PM   #21
 
  Apr 2016
  US

My husband and are not going, but plan to do a kamiah trip in early summer if anyone is interested.

Sent via Pixel 2 XL
Arcane and chadams66 like this.
May 1st 2020, 01:51 PM   #22
 chadams66's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Garden Home

  2012 Versys...'83 BMW R80 RT...Suzuki GS 450t
I'm sorry to announce that I too shall not be able to attend this year's festivities...

hopefully later this summer or Baker City in September...
May 6th 2020, 10:01 AM   #23
 
  Mar 2016
  Pasco, WA

  CB500X, FZ-07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckwheet
This is still a go. Rooms are plenty & Idaho is “opening-up” today.
According to rebound.idaho.gov Idaho is not reopening bars or restaurants until after June 13th and all visitors are supposed to remain quarantined for 14 days upon entering Idaho. We will not be attending this weekend but may do another trip to Kamiah once everything is for sure open, which is looking like late June at best.
mcrider007 likes this.

Edited by lagwagonlead on May 6th 2020 at 12:23 PM
May 6th 2020, 10:26 AM   #24
 
  Apr 2016
  US

I am planning on doing one later this year... Hopefully early to mid summer...

Sent via Pixel 2 XL
May 10th 2020, 08:09 PM   #25
 MrTwister's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Eastern Oregon

  16 Honda Africa Twin, 09 Hayabusa, and 08 DR650
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagwagonlead
According to rebound.idaho.gov Idaho is not reopening bars or restaurants until after June 13th and all visitors are supposed to remain quarantined for 14 days upon entering Idaho. We will not be attending this weekend but may do another trip to Kamiah once everything is for sure open, which is looking like late June at best.
Well, it was wrong on all three accounts. There was never a 14 day quarantine for people out of state. Other words , it never happened. As far as food and alcohol, they were open but we had to take it out. So the 4 of us that did go had a great time. Probably the best weather we ever had doing this event. Until next year.
May 11th 2020, 06:33 AM   #26
 Flyboymedic's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Hazel Dell, Wa

  Honda VFR800, Husqvarna TE 610, Ducati Hypermotard 1100S, Suzuki VStrom 650, Yamaha Radian, MZ 125SM
There is a 14 day quarantine for people from outside the state. Clearly you folks chose not to follow it, and I'm sure you're not alone, but please don't spread false information as there's enough of it going around.

For anyone else choosing to go to Idaho, here are the official timelines. Look under the red stage 1 for the current conditions and the 4th bullet point from the top is where you can find the 14 day quarantine criteria.
https://rebound.idaho.gov/wp-content...-guidlines.pdf
May 11th 2020, 07:10 AM   #27
 
  Jan 2016
  Kennewick

  2014 FJR-ES
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboymedic
There is a 14 day quarantine for people from outside the state. Clearly you folks chose not to follow it, and I'm sure you're not alone, but please don't spread false information as there's enough of it going around.
AGREE! I spent the weekend in Newman Lake, just a few miles from the Idaho border, and the locals here go back and forth to Idaho like the border doesn’t exist....but that doesn’t mean the quarantine doesn’t exist or never happened, it just isn’t being enforced although any LEO probably has the option of enforcing the quarantine against obnoxious out of state visitors.

As for restaurants and bars being closed, my personal opinion is that if the normal dining areas are closed and they are only offering take out, to be consumed outside, then the establishment is closed.

Im glad to hear that the 4 who went to Kamiah still had a good time, it just wasn’t my choice this year.
FeralRdr and Flyboymedic like this.
Reply

  PNW Moto > Washington > Tri-Cities



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motorcycle Ride: Return to Kamiah 2019 -- Motel Rates mcrider007 Tri-Cities 15 Jan 30th 2019 02:03 PM
Motorcycle Ride: Return to Kamiah - 2018 mcrider007 Tri-Cities 61 May 13th 2018 10:06 AM
Motorcycle Ride: Return to Kamiah - 2017 mcrider007 Tri-Cities 103 May 16th 2017 03:59 PM
Motorcycle Ride: Return to Kamiah 2016 mcrider007 Tri-Cities 402 May 3rd 2016 10:26 AM
Motorcycle Ride: Return to Kamiah/Portland group(s) chadams66 Portland 30 May 1st 2016 08:59 PM




Copyright © 2020 PNW Moto. All rights reserved.