Instagram     

Go Back   PNW Moto > Washington > Tri-Cities

Tri-Cities Rides, meetups, regional discussions | Tri-Cities, Walla Walla, Yakima, Ellensburg, Wenatchee

Like Tree16Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Mar 2nd 2016, 08:25 AM   #1
 dnauts's Avatar
 
  Feb 2016
  Pasco

  KTM Superduke, Husqvarna TXC511
Dirty Poker Run 3/19-3/20

I'm thinking about falling over repeatedly at the Dirty Poker Run on the 19th or 20th. Also, possibly not drinking enough water, and swearing occasionally.

Anyone want to dust off their dirty bike and go along?

FringeMC - Home
Mar 2nd 2016, 08:49 AM   #2
 Rodeojones's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Puyallup, WA

  2003 Honda XR250R; 2015 Honda CRF250X
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnauts
I'm thinking about falling over repeatedly at the Dirty Poker Run on the 19th or 20th. Also, possibly not drinking enough water, and swearing occasionally.

Anyone want to dust off their dirty bike and go along?

FringeMC - Home
I have never done a poker run but this year it's gonna happen and there has to be a first. Is this one suitable for a 1st timer?
Mar 2nd 2016, 08:53 AM   #3
 dnauts's Avatar
 
  Feb 2016
  Pasco

  KTM Superduke, Husqvarna TXC511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeojones
I have never done a poker run but this year it's gonna happen and there has to be a first. Is this one suitable for a 1st timer?
Should be fine for a first timer! Poker runs are super laid back compared to races. I've never done this one, and checked out some YouTube video. Looks easy,... some sand, but nothing crazy.
Mar 2nd 2016, 08:54 AM   #4
 Rodeojones's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Puyallup, WA

  2003 Honda XR250R; 2015 Honda CRF250X
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnauts
Should be fine for a first timer! Poker runs are super laid back compared to races. I've never done this one, and checked out some YouTube video. Looks easy,... some sand, but nothing crazy.
I see it's a two day event? You going to do both or just for the day?

I'm not a camper or have any gear. That being said I'm not opposed to sleeping in the back of my Expedition.

Sent via SM-G900V
Mar 2nd 2016, 09:00 AM   #5
 dnauts's Avatar
 
  Feb 2016
  Pasco

  KTM Superduke, Husqvarna TXC511
Probably Sunday only for me. I think I'm bike racing on Sat, but I'm open. If there's a group of forum people that end up going, I might shift plans.
Rodeojones likes this.
Mar 2nd 2016, 09:02 AM   #6
 Rodeojones's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Puyallup, WA

  2003 Honda XR250R; 2015 Honda CRF250X
Sounds good. I will check with the wife and keep my eyes on the thread. Thanks for the heads up on this p.r.

Sent via SM-G900V
Mar 2nd 2016, 10:43 AM   #7
 markwoodlief's Avatar
 
  Mar 2016
  Mount Vernon

  Husqvarna 701 Enduro, KTM 350 EXC
Me and the kid are going, trailing the orange bikes over the night before. Never done this event, most of the time we ride Walker and don't stray too far from home, but this year he wants to do more events, starting with this one.
Rodeojones and tod701 like this.
Mar 2nd 2016, 10:56 AM   #8
 
  Jan 2016
  Monroe

  Dirty
Confirmed: This would be good for a beginner. Lots of soft and whoops, so make sure you have knobs. I rode part of it on my dad's KLR on street tires and it was a bit squirrely. Take it slow, CARRY WATER, and take a buddy.

A fun weekend is to do the Poker Run on Saturday, make sure you're there for awards, then sleep somewhere, then ride Mattawa on Sunday.
Rodeojones likes this.
Mar 2nd 2016, 11:01 AM   #9
 Rodeojones's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Puyallup, WA

  2003 Honda XR250R; 2015 Honda CRF250X
Quote:
Originally Posted by koorbloh
Confirmed: This would be good for a beginner. Lots of soft and whoops, so make sure you have knobs. I rode part of it on my dad's KLR on street tires and it was a bit squirrely. Take it slow, CARRY WATER, and take a buddy.

A fun weekend is to do the Poker Run on Saturday, make sure you're there for awards, then sleep somewhere, then ride Mattawa on Sunday.
That's a great idea, adding Matawa to the back end.

Sent via SM-G900V
Mar 2nd 2016, 11:03 AM   #10
 Scribbles's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  NW

Its a decent course. Lots of sand.. and even more whoops. There are a few optional hard sections for more skilled riders.

If you're not good at riding sand, you may get worn out before the end of the course. I'd carry a GPS (a smart phone can work) so you can use the farm roads to get back to your truck if needed.

Having ridden the course once, I doubt I'll go back. If I'm going to drive that far, I'll ride at Saddle Mountain or Beverly Dunes. Better riding and more variety, but the Poker run is worth doing once.

Edit> Trials tires work surprisingly well in the sand over there.
Rodeojones likes this.

Edited by Scribbles on Mar 2nd 2016 at 11:33 AM
Mar 2nd 2016, 12:15 PM   #11
 dnauts's Avatar
 
  Feb 2016
  Pasco

  KTM Superduke, Husqvarna TXC511
Thanks for the tips everyone!
Rodeojones likes this.
Mar 3rd 2016, 01:25 PM   #12
 
  Jan 2016
  Kennewick

  Triumph Trophy
We MAY be there for Friday and Saturday leaving early Sunday morning, riding quads.
Mar 12th 2016, 08:40 AM   #13
 
  Jan 2016
  Kennewick

  Triumph Trophy
We are definitely going, so if you guys see this setup, stop by and say hi.
Mar 13th 2016, 03:48 PM   #14
 Rodeojones's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Puyallup, WA

  2003 Honda XR250R; 2015 Honda CRF250X
How long does this take for an average rider?? I'm thinking about coming over for the day (either Sat. or Sunday) and am planning on driving out and home same day if it can be done realistically in one day.

@Dnauts, you still heading out Sunday?
Mar 13th 2016, 05:43 PM   #15
 
  Jan 2016
  Kennewick

  Triumph Trophy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeojones
How long does this take for an average rider?? I'm thinking about coming over for the day (either Sat. or Sunday) and am planning on driving out and home same day if it can be done realistically in one day.

@Dnauts, you still heading out Sunday?
I've heard it should take approximately 3 hours.

There will be at least 3 of us from Central there, so look us up.
Rodeojones likes this.
Reply

  PNW Moto > Washington > Tri-Cities

Tags
dirty, or 20, poker, run



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dirty Face Dual Sport - June 18 Basco2 Adventure Riding 11 Jun 21st 2016 04:16 PM
New Video Hooligans at the Poker Run SalemCBR Motorcycles 1 Apr 28th 2016 08:34 AM
Kilted Duck - Scottish trials & poker run 4/10/16 Diedrix Adventure Riding 1 Apr 10th 2016 04:30 PM




Copyright © 2019 PNW Moto. All rights reserved.