PNW Moto

PNW Moto (http://pnwmoto.com/pnw-motorcycle-forum.php)
-   Tri-Cities (http://pnwmoto.com/tri-cities/)
-   -   Return to Baker City 2016 (http://pnwmoto.com/tri-cities/return-baker-city-2016-a-1679/)

mcrider007 Jul 3rd 2016 08:43 AM

Return to Baker City 2016
 
Last May we had a Spring Ride to Kamiah, ID to kick off the 2016 riding season and this year's Fall ride will again be to Baker City, Oregon on Friday, September 9 through Sunday, September 11.

For those unfamiliar with the Baker City ride, Baker City is one of our favorite riding destinations. It is a historic town in east central Oregon and pretty easy to get to from the Tri-Cities, one option is to get on the freeway and follow the signs south, another option is to take the long way through the mountains on some of the best motorcycling roads in the Northwest.

There are several "long" ways to get to Baker City, most are about 220-250 miles and will take 5-7 hours depending on speed and stops. Our hosts at Baker City will be the Oregon Trail Motel located at 211 Bridge Street. It is an older but very biker friendly motel and a short walking distance to downtown. We have group rates of $38.08 for a room with one bed, $48.96 for a room with 2 beds (these rates include taxes). You are responsible for making (and canceling) your reservation, just call the Oregon Trail at 541-523-5844 or 888-523-5882 and tell them you are part of "Steve's Ride". If the person taking the reservation doesn't know about Steve's Ride continue making the reservation and you will get the group rate when you check in.

I plan to lead a group and will leave the Clearwater Starbucks' parking lot at 9:00 AM on September 9. Please post in this thread if you are interested in participating in this ride and if you are interested in riding with my group on September 9. Those with schedule conflicts that can't make the Friday ride are welcome to join the group on Saturday in Baker City.

See you in Baker City....Ride Safe.

Cougar Jul 3rd 2016 11:02 AM

In. Thanks for setting this up again Steve!

chadams66 Jul 3rd 2016 08:55 PM

barring unforeseen circumstances I shall be in attendance...

VegasWolf Jul 4th 2016 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cougar (Post 20211)
In. Thanks for setting this up again Steve!

Did they every determine what spooky noise was emanating from your ride?

-Wolf-

feistygirl222 Jul 4th 2016 06:00 PM

I'm in. Coming from Olympia Washington area.

Sent via XT1585

coastrider Jul 4th 2016 07:04 PM

What roads do you have planned to ride once in Baker City? I just returned from a trip that took me through there and the roads are really amazing. One of the best was 203 through Medical Springs. I made the loop Baker City -> Medical Springs -> LaGrande on 203. Not real long but absolutely amazing views and nice roads with few cars.

The Highway 7 stretch between John Day and Baker City is another beautiful road.

mcrider007 Jul 4th 2016 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coastrider (Post 20261)
What roads do you have planned to ride once in Baker City? I just returned from a trip that took me through there and the roads are really amazing. One of the best was 203 through Medical Springs. I made the loop Baker City -> Medical Springs -> LaGrande on 203. Not real long but absolutely amazing views and nice roads with few cars.

The Highway 7 stretch between John Day and Baker City is another beautiful road.

There aren't any "planned" rides after we get to Baker City since there are many different ways to get to Baker City, everyone is free to plan their own route or relax in Baker City. Last year there was a group ride to Hells Canyon Dam.

revrdmark Jul 4th 2016 08:20 PM

I got a new-to-me Buell Ulysses this spring and have been having a blast exploring some off the pavement sites. I was maybe thinking about getting off paved roads some to explore one, or several ghost towns around Baker City. Any adventure Bike Riders interested? Its just a thought at this point.

THIS SITE has some good info about Baker Co. Ghost Towns.

Cougar Jul 5th 2016 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VegasWolf (Post 20257)
Did they every determine what spooky noise was emanating from your ride?

-Wolf-


Yes, it was the generator rotor bearings.

riceman Jul 5th 2016 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feistygirl222 (Post 20259)
I'm in.

There goes the neighborhood :D

Cougar Jul 5th 2016 02:03 PM

Reservation made. :)

Buckwheet Jul 6th 2016 07:31 AM

Count me in too. ...looking forward to this one again!

revrdmark Jul 7th 2016 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revrdmark (Post 20271)
I got a new-to-me Buell Ulysses this spring and have been having a blast exploring some off the pavement sites. I was maybe thinking about getting off paved roads some to explore one, or several ghost towns around Baker City. Any adventure Bike Riders interested? Its just a thought at this point.

THIS SITE has some good info about Baker Co. Ghost Towns.

I'm hearing crickets on this idea so far :D

mcrider007 Jul 7th 2016 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revrdmark (Post 20569)
I'm hearing crickets on this idea so far :D

Been there, done that....wasn't that much fun. Seemed like all the roads worth exploring were already paved.

Burphel Jul 8th 2016 02:02 AM

It's a bit soon to book a room yet, but that is on one of the weekends I should be off work!

I might be in...


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:15 PM.

Copyright © 2018 PNW Moto. All rights reserved.