Instagram     

Go Back   PNW Moto > PNW Moto > Track

Track Motorcycle track riding topics and discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Feb 20th 2018, 08:21 PM   #1
 LaCorski's Avatar
 
  Oct 2016
  Yakima

Area 27.

So.... This will be my 3rd year of track days and was thinking of going outside the 5 main PNW tracks and hitting the Area 27 track in B.C. Canada. Anyone been, or perhaps going this year? Thoughts, examples or recommendations welcome!

Sent via SCH-I545
Feb 21st 2018, 06:17 AM   #2
 
  Jun 2016
  Seattle

I recently saw that track on the Grand Tour. It certainly looks good doesnít it? I will definitely be going there either this year or next.
Feb 21st 2018, 04:09 PM   #3
 MikeMikeMike's Avatar
 
  Feb 2016
  Seattle

Yeah I saw it on the Grand Tour also looked good. Do any local track day orgs run up there? Or is there a BC based track day org anybody would recommend.
Feb 21st 2018, 09:20 PM   #4
 LaCorski's Avatar
 
  Oct 2016
  Yakima

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMikeMike
Yeah I saw it on the Grand Tour also looked good. Do any local track day orgs run up there? Or is there a BC based track day org anybody would recommend.
Looks like a track day organizer called OPP is hosting two this year, July and September. Price is $375 Canadian, so about $300 real US money. ;-) A bit spendier but I'd hope worth it. Need to get my passport by then. If anyone from Washington is thinking of going, hit me up.

Sent via SCH-I545
Feb 22nd 2018, 06:54 AM   #5
 Wrench's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  West Richland, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCorski
Need to get my passport by then.

Sent via SCH-I545
Just a suggestion, but getting an Enhanced Drivers License also works.
Feb 22nd 2018, 07:17 AM   #6
 LaCorski's Avatar
 
  Oct 2016
  Yakima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrench
Just a suggestion, but getting an Enhanced Drivers License also works.
Yep... I'm thinking long term however! ;-)

Sent via SCH-I545
Feb 22nd 2018, 08:50 AM   #7
 mgfchapin's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Kirkland, WA

  '15 Daytona 675R
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBandit
I recently saw that track on the Grand Tour. It certainly looks good doesnít it? I will definitely be going there either this year or next.
In. Forgot about the passport thing though, I'll have to figure that out or an enhanced license.

Also need to figure out how to get a race bike without a title across.
Feb 22nd 2018, 09:01 AM   #8
 LaCorski's Avatar
 
  Oct 2016
  Yakima

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgfchapin
In. Forgot about the passport thing though, I'll have to figure that out or an enhanced license.

Also need to figure out how to get a race bike without a title across.
Yea... same here. I'm sure many do it all the time. Think I'll contact OPP (organizer) and ask them. Hate to get to the border to run into issues.

Sent via SCH-I545
Feb 22nd 2018, 08:31 PM   #9
 
  Jul 2016
  victoria

I was told once you're able to register goods with customs before you cross. It allows you to prove you already owned it before you crossed and didn't buy it while you were out of the country. I've never confirmed this personally, just anecdotal.
Mar 1st 2018, 06:20 PM   #10
 LaCorski's Avatar
 
  Oct 2016
  Yakima

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducdiver
I was told once you're able to register goods with customs before you cross. It allows you to prove you already owned it before you crossed and didn't buy it while you were out of the country. I've never confirmed this personally, just anecdotal.
You are correct. Just called US customs/ border patrol, talked to a nice lady who told me to fill out a 4457 personal effects form before crossing over. They will stamp and date it for the trip back so they know you already possessed all those items. Now... for my passport! ;-)

Sent via SCH-I545
Mar 4th 2018, 06:36 PM   #11
 
  Mar 2018
  Vancouver, Canuckistan

  '17 zx6r
Have fun north of the border

Area 27 is a really fast track with high grip level and lots of elevation changes. 2 blind downhill corners, just remember to turn left.
This is a private track so only 2 track day weekends a year. Patrick of OPP racing put on a good show last year.
Fun track located in Canada's only desert and surrounded by beautiful scenery and wineries.

An alternative to using a passport or enhanced drivers license to cross the border is a Nexus card. Nexus is especially handy if you travel north towards Vancouver. Nexus entitles you to use an express lane through customs, can save hours waiting in line.
Mar 4th 2018, 09:24 PM   #12
 Boatdriver's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Washington

  16' Tuono Factory, 08' GSXR 1K Track, 15' Kawi Concours
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCorski
You are correct. Just called US customs/ border patrol, talked to a nice lady who told me to fill out a 4457 personal effects form before crossing over. They will stamp and date it for the trip back so they know you already possessed all those items. Now... for my passport! ;-)

Sent via SCH-I545
It would be good to check with CBSA in Canada as they may require something different. Especially if the bike is unregistered with no title.
Mar 4th 2018, 09:26 PM   #13
 LaCorski's Avatar
 
  Oct 2016
  Yakima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatdriver
It would be good to check with CBSA in Canada as they may require something different. Especially if the bike is unregistered with no title.
Thanks Riverman, thanks Boatdriver for the info!

Sent via SCH-I545
Reply

  PNW Moto > PNW Moto > Track

Tags
area



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to the area.. IrishBandit Kitsap 6 Aug 8th 2017 07:42 AM
Area 27 Oliver BC cgt1229 Track 12 Jan 23rd 2017 09:46 AM
Looking for E85 in the area groverdill Spokane 10 Jul 11th 2016 12:04 AM
New-ish to the area knutsonbm New Users 6 Jun 29th 2016 07:44 PM
New to the area Noobles Kitsap 2 May 11th 2016 08:26 AM




Copyright © 2018 PNW Moto. All rights reserved.