Instagram     

Go Back   PNW Moto > Washington > Seattle

Seattle Seattle Rides, meetups, regional discussions | Seattle, Bellevue, Kirkland, Redmond, Bothell

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By chadams66
  • 1 Post By Willow
  • 2 Post By Sentinel
  • 1 Post By Scribbles
  • 1 Post By Scribbles
  • 1 Post By craiger
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Aug 10th 2019, 06:02 PM   #1
 
  Mar 2018
  Gig Harbor

  2008 BMW R1200GS Adventure
Solo Camping Trip: Farewell to my Balls!

Iím 33, been married for 13 years, and just had my fifth child.

Itís time to see Dr. Snip. Iím scheduled for surgery in a couple weeks and decided I needed a quintessential ďmanlyĒ trip as my own farewell to the boys.

Iíve been on a YouTube binge watching people traveling the world in cans, so Iíve decided a night or two camping by myself next to a river or in the forest somewhere is the perfect farewell to my virility (and hello to sterility)!

So where should I go? Iím in Gig Harbor, but donít mind riding 1-2 hours to get somewhere. I want primitive style camping where I can be on my own and not be within sight of any other campers.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Aug 10th 2019, 06:31 PM   #2
 chadams66's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Garden Home

  2012 Versys...'83 BMW R80 RT...Suzuki GS 450t
I'd camp out in a strip club and put those boys to good use one last time or two or three....
Didley likes this.
Aug 10th 2019, 08:23 PM   #3
 Willow's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Silverdale, WA

  848evo, DRZ400SM, XR100
Take South shore drive from Belfair to southern part of the Olympic mountains. Get on NF 23 which would take you all the way to Wynoochee lake if you stayed on it the whole way. Great ride if you do. But all along that route are nice little off shoot roads, you would be totally by yourself for camping. One time I stumbled on one that came out on top of a ridge that had a great view.
Just my .02
Didley likes this.
Aug 10th 2019, 08:53 PM   #4
 
  Mar 2018
  Gig Harbor

  2008 BMW R1200GS Adventure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow
Take South shore drive from Belfair to southern part of the Olympic mountains. Get on NF 23 which would take you all the way to Wynoochee lake if you stayed on it the whole way. Great ride if you do. But all along that route are nice little off shoot roads, you would be totally by yourself for camping. One time I stumbled on one that came out on top of a ridge that had a great view.
Just my .02
That sounds very close to a plan!

Is it just public land or is it part of the state/national parks?
Aug 11th 2019, 08:50 AM   #5
 Sentinel's Avatar
 
  Jun 2016
  Poor Tortured

  2013 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Harlequin
Dude.
If they're taking your nuts off - you should see a diff doc.
They are supposed to leave the power cord attached and the equipment intact, and only disconnect the output signal path.

It does make things - easier.

However - like the man said:

"We're a generation of men, raised by women. I'm wondering if another woman is really the answer we need."
Tyler D.

craiger and Didley like this.

Edited by Sentinel on Aug 11th 2019 at 08:56 AM
Aug 11th 2019, 10:35 AM   #6
 
  Jan 2016
  Oregon

  2018 Kaw Ninja H2 SX SE
Bellingham is always fun--great views, great bars.

But with 5 kids, surprised you can get away at all!

What are you, Catholic? Mormon or sumpin'?

Edited by motoman on Aug 11th 2019 at 10:38 AM
Aug 11th 2019, 01:17 PM   #7
 Enigma T's Avatar
 
  Aug 2016
  PDX OR USA

  '07 Shadow 600 (Gremlin) & '88 Hawk GT (Rekka)
...your balls and your reproductive powers are different, FWIW
shooting blanks is still shooting, and shooting is good.

Sorry it's taken 5 children to give you a chance to enjoy some solo time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didley
Iím 33, been married for 13 years, and just had my fifth child.

Itís time to see Dr. Snip. Iím scheduled for surgery in a couple weeks and decided I needed a quintessential ďmanlyĒ trip as my own farewell to the boys.

Iíve been on a YouTube binge watching people traveling the world in cans, so Iíve decided a night or two camping by myself next to a river or in the forest somewhere is the perfect farewell to my virility (and hello to sterility)!

So where should I go? Iím in Gig Harbor, but donít mind riding 1-2 hours to get somewhere. I want primitive style camping where I can be on my own and not be within sight of any other campers.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Aug 11th 2019, 06:24 PM   #8
 
  Mar 2018
  Gig Harbor

  2008 BMW R1200GS Adventure
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoman
Bellingham is always fun--great views, great bars.

But with 5 kids, surprised you can get away at all!

What are you, Catholic? Mormon or sumpin'?
None of the above. Just gifted I guess! Lol
Aug 11th 2019, 09:04 PM   #9
 Willow's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Silverdale, WA

  848evo, DRZ400SM, XR100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didley

Is it just public land or is it part of the state/national parks?
Good question. The only thing I do know, that area is not national park. There are some roads gated off, but other than that, it's probably state for public use.

Others on here probably know more than me about that.
Aug 11th 2019, 09:42 PM   #10
 Scribbles's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  NW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didley
That sounds very close to a plan!

Is it just public land or is it part of the state/national parks?
Thats all National Forest. Refer to NF dispersed camping rules.. (the rules are rarely enforced, I've camped 20 ft from the water many times in established dispersed sites).

Another option is NF 52 near Mt Rainier. Its all paved between Packwood and Skate creek road near Ashford. There are 6-8 nice riverside campsites. (much more than on FS23, which has 2-3 that you have to hunt for) the dispersed sites are free, so dont expect them to be empty on the weekends.

Edit. There are also 8-10 nice sites on the Cispus river off of FS2801. (South of Packwood, on the South side of Cispus River)
Didley likes this.

Edited by Scribbles on Aug 11th 2019 at 10:01 PM
Aug 11th 2019, 10:29 PM   #11
 Scribbles's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  NW

One other recommendation.. Ride up the Deer Park Rd in Sequim, camp at Deer Park and the next day ride to Obstruction Pt. Deer Park and Obstruction Pt roads are maybe the two most scenic ADV routes in Washington. The sunrises and sunsets at Deer Park (5200 ft) are incredible but it does get cold at night.
Didley likes this.

Edited by Scribbles on Aug 11th 2019 at 10:34 PM
Aug 12th 2019, 10:59 AM   #12
 craiger's Avatar
 
  Apr 2016
  Molalla

  2007 Aprilia Tuono Factory, 2010 Honda VFR 1200f DCT
"We're a generation of men, raised by women. I'm wondering if another woman is really the answer we need."
Tyler D.

What a great quote from a great book and movie. About time someone quoted that. I do it all the time at work, etc, to no avail. No one gets it. Clueless bastards.

And what's with the stigma with gettin clipped? I don't get it. I got clipped 20 years ago and still have a great sex life. It's not like they're takin everything, just cuttin the tube that lets the swimmers out. Not a life altering event. Just no more kiddos.
Didley likes this.
Aug 12th 2019, 11:43 AM   #13
 
  Mar 2018
  Gig Harbor

  2008 BMW R1200GS Adventure
Quote:
Originally Posted by craiger
"We're a generation of men, raised by women. I'm wondering if another woman is really the answer we need."
Tyler D.

What a great quote from a great book and movie. About time someone quoted that. I do it all the time at work, etc, to no avail. No one gets it. Clueless bastards.

And what's with the stigma with gettin clipped? I don't get it. I got clipped 20 years ago and still have a great sex life. It's not like they're takin everything, just cuttin the tube that lets the swimmers out. Not a life altering event. Just no more kiddos.

Just psychological... something I was pretty good at, but wonít be able to do anymore. But itís mostly an excuse to get out on my own that the wife wonít object to.

Itís something Iíve been meaning to do anyways.
Reply

  PNW Moto > Washington > Seattle

Tags
balls, camping, farewell, solo, trip



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vid: October Ride | Big Lady Balls! SalemCBR Motorcycles 3 Oct 26th 2018 07:46 PM
HEADLINE: Man records farewell video moments after deadly motorcycle crash Pavement Tested Motorcycles 5 Nov 5th 2016 07:10 AM
Warning crazy girl first time solo on bike 600bandit Motorcycles 8 Mar 5th 2016 11:00 AM
Review: Aim Solo DL - GPS lap timer & data logger BoseMensch Reviews 0 Feb 29th 2016 11:02 AM




Copyright © 2019 PNW Moto. All rights reserved.