Instagram     

Go Back   PNW Moto > Washington > Seattle

Seattle Seattle Rides, meetups, regional discussions | Seattle, Bellevue, Kirkland, Redmond, Bothell

Like Tree25Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Oct 4th 2019, 03:24 PM   #46
 
  Mar 2016
  Seattle

  '14 KTM Duke 690, '18 BMW R12RS, '05 BMW R12ST
Follow-up:

The inventory within RideWest is now gone. I think it was the last facility ( of the 5) to get the visit from the repo-man.

Has that moto-sociopath dipshit owner returned to the US yet? I've got a rusty pair of pliers for him.
Oct 4th 2019, 05:45 PM   #47
 Parilla125's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  SeaTac

Found out a guy here at work had his Duc in one of them. He got a morning call that said “You have today to get it.” He got it. Nice.
Thumperpilot likes this.
Oct 4th 2019, 06:03 PM   #48
 GPD323's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Spanaway

Not sure if this has been posted yet?

http://www.soundrider.com/current/1909/NobleRush.aspx
Parilla125, paradox206 and olyk12 like this.
Oct 4th 2019, 08:32 PM   #49
 Rock Dodger's Avatar
 
  Feb 2016
  Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPD323
Not sure if this has been posted yet?

http://www.soundrider.com/current/1909/NobleRush.aspx
Thanks for posting the link. It did a good job of explaining why this mess is so big.
Oct 4th 2019, 11:44 PM   #50
 Parilla125's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  SeaTac

Well, I guess if someone wanted to jump into the motorcycle business in in the area, this might be a good time to consider it. Bike season is winding down though. Man this sucks!
Nov 6th 2019, 06:32 PM   #51
 Akdawg's Avatar
 
  Dec 2018
  Goldendale WA

  Classic Sportsters, Triumph & BSA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parilla125
Well, I guess if someone wanted to jump into the motorcycle business in in the area, this might be a good time to consider it. Bike season is winding down though. Man this sucks!
Well, if someone has an extra few $million to invest that'd be great. In the Brit bike shops in worked at and managed 50 yrs ago bare bones store / parts inventory for two brands, Triumph/Yamaha, was $100k, wouldn't hazard a guess what that number would be now. National sales dictates location and building specs, think Taj Mahal, shop rent probably $20- 50k per month depending on location, building upgrades signage etc, advertising campaign. Flooring requirements for rolling inventory?
Then you need to pay the help, keep the lights on, insurance package (garage keepers liability, workmans comp etc, inventory protection) until you build a customer base...how long is that going to take?
Take a committed deep pocketed visionary with sharp management skills to launch a dealership these days.
Nov 11th 2019, 08:40 AM   #52
 
  Mar 2016
  Seattle

  '14 KTM Duke 690, '18 BMW R12RS, '05 BMW R12ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akdawg
Well, if someone has an extra few $million to invest that'd be great. In the Brit bike shops in worked at and managed 50 yrs ago bare bones store / parts inventory for two brands, Triumph/Yamaha, was $100k, wouldn't hazard a guess what that number would be now. National sales dictates location and building specs, think Taj Mahal, shop rent probably $20- 50k per month depending on location, building upgrades signage etc, advertising campaign. Flooring requirements for rolling inventory?
Then you need to pay the help, keep the lights on, insurance package (garage keepers liability, workmans comp etc, inventory protection) until you build a customer base...how long is that going to take?
Take a committed deep pocketed visionary with sharp management skills to launch a dealership these days.
Or maybe someone who exited the dealership biz is willing to jump back in? D.R. are you?
Nov 11th 2019, 09:35 AM   #53
 MikeMikeMike's Avatar
 
  Feb 2016
  Seattle

Yeah that would be nice to have a well run Ducati dealership in Seattle again. Plus I'm in the market for another Hypermotard so I'd kick a few sheckles in to "help"...
Reply

  PNW Moto > Washington > Seattle

Tags
noblerush, shutting



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Moto International shutting down Thunder Seattle 9 Sep 25th 2018 09:57 AM
Florida Riders Spent MLK Day Shutting Down Streets With Crazy Motorcycle Antics Balut Bellingham 2 Feb 16th 2016 09:03 AM




Copyright © 2019 PNW Moto. All rights reserved.