Instagram     

Go Back   PNW Moto > Washington > Seattle

Seattle Seattle Rides, meetups, regional discussions | Seattle, Bellevue, Kirkland, Redmond, Bothell

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By justonemore
  • 3 Post By Flyboymedic
  • 1 Post By Chrishil54
  • 2 Post By Willow
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Aug 5th 2018, 04:24 AM   #1
 Andonon's Avatar
 
  Jul 2018
  Mill Creek

  06 SV650S
Arrow Motorcycles donít wait for ferry lines.

In the last two weeks Iíve seen too many to count, riders, probably tourists, but if your here, you DONíT wait in ferry lines. Go straight to the ticket booth and then straight to the front of the line on all Washington ferries.

Why I bring this up is two fold.

1. I get distracted when I see you waiting. I donít like distractions.

C. I feel bad for you. Iím not gonna stop, too dangerous. Did you know?
Aug 5th 2018, 06:49 AM   #2
 
  Jan 2016
  Lynnwood WA

  2007 Yamaha FZ6, 2008 Aprilia Tuono & 2009 Yamaha WR250R
Question. I know how to do this at the Edmonds ferry dock (bypass the ticket booth, park at the guard shack on the dock, run into the passenger area and buy a ticket at the kiosk), but what about at Kingston? Do you again go past the ticket booth and park the bike over by the passenger area and buy a ticket there?
Aug 5th 2018, 07:31 AM   #3
 justonemore's Avatar
 
  Nov 2017
  Carlsborg, Wa

Most ride to the booth and buy their ticket than proceed to the passenger area , unless the cars are backed up on the road than I park first and walk to the booth.
2nd Childhood likes this.
Aug 5th 2018, 02:37 PM   #4
 ZXtasy's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Moses Lake, WA

  2013 Kawasaki Concours C-14, 2005 ZX-10R Kawasaki (Nekkid), '99 Yamaha TW-200
I have recently found that some small ferries, like Keller ferry and some up in Canada have changed. M/C are not given first preference but must hold back until all the larger rigs have loaded and then they will slot you in where they can. A tiny bit embarrassing to roll down to the front of the line then have to duckwalk around and ride back to the end, but them is the roolz.
Aug 5th 2018, 02:43 PM   #5
 chadams66's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Garden Home

  2012 Versys...'83 BMW R80 RT...Suzuki GS 450t
I always love it when I ride by long lines of cages to the front of the line...it just seems justified...it looks pretty cool when there's a bunch of bikes roaring off of the ferry...
Aug 5th 2018, 03:27 PM   #6
 Flyboymedic's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Hazel Dell, Wa

  Honda VFR800, Husqvarna TE 610, Ducati Hypermotard 1100S
I know this post is regarding Washington but I'll share a story about lower BC. I was at the Kootenay Bay dock last year heading over to Balfour and when I went directly to the front of the line and parked the lady went berserk. She said to not do that again and I just said ok, and waited there. It wasn't important enough for me to argue and I was still in the front of the line and she got it out of her system. It was funny to me and as a side note I'm good at letting people bitch and then proceeding to do what I had already planned. Anyway, Wa allows folks to go to the front of the line and it seems BC is different, or at least selectively different.
albatrosscafe, MotoDan and Andonon like this.
Aug 5th 2018, 05:23 PM   #7
 Sentinel's Avatar
 
  Jun 2016
  Poor Tortured

  2015 Kawasaki Concours 14 - The Origame Sea-Dragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboymedic
... I went directly to the front of the line and parked the lady went berserk. ....
POSTED FOR CREEPY BUFF KANGAROO FACE
Aug 6th 2018, 03:50 PM   #8
 Chrishil54's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Kirkland

  2009 V-Star 1100 Custom
Double check the ride to the front of the line. While it is the SOP on MOST days in WA, some situations (mainly large bike gatherings), will change that.
Andonon likes this.
Aug 7th 2018, 12:07 AM   #9
 Willow's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Silverdale, WA

  848evo, DRZ400SM, XR100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd Childhood
Question. but what about at Kingston? Do you again go past the ticket booth and park the bike over by the passenger area and buy a ticket there?
I'd say no one really answered this question for you, so I'll try and make it as clear as possible.

If the traffic is stopped just outside of Kingston, by SP, for cars to get a pass to continue to ferry terminal, you can ride on pass the long line of traffic, waiting on the shoulder of Hwy 104, up to ticket booth to purchase ferry ticket.

If the SP hasn't yet stopped traffic outside of town yet, and there is a long line of traffic, up from the ferry ticket booth, you ride in the far right lane, for NON FERRY traffic, all the way up to Washington Blvd with a Rt. turn only (which is right at the ticket booth), but instead of turning right, you just slip up to the ticket booth or behind the next car up at the ticket booth, because WSF personnel keeps a gap there so traffic can cross Washington Blvd. I've seen motorcyclist sitting in traffic, 2-3 or more blocks up, in Kingston, slowly creeping forward. You don't have to do this. I live in Silverdale, my brother lives in Edmonds, and I travel this ferry all the time on my motorcycle, and that's what you do.

Hope that makes sense.
2nd Childhood and Andonon like this.
Aug 7th 2018, 04:09 AM   #10
 
  Jan 2016
  Lynnwood WA

  2007 Yamaha FZ6, 2008 Aprilia Tuono & 2009 Yamaha WR250R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow
I'd say no one really answered this question for you, so I'll try and make it as clear as possible.

If the traffic is stopped just outside of Kingston, by SP, for cars to get a pass to continue to ferry terminal, you can ride on pass the long line of traffic, waiting on the shoulder of Hwy 104, up to ticket booth to purchase ferry ticket.

If the SP hasn't yet stopped traffic outside of town yet, and there is a long line of traffic, up from the ferry ticket booth, you ride in the far right lane, for NON FERRY traffic, all the way up to Washington Blvd with a Rt. turn only (which is right at the ticket booth), but instead of turning right, you just slip up to the ticket booth or behind the next car up at the ticket booth, because WSF personnel keeps a gap there so traffic can cross Washington Blvd. I've seen motorcyclist sitting in traffic, 2-3 or more blocks up, in Kingston, slowly creeping forward. You don't have to do this. I live in Silverdale, my brother lives in Edmonds, and I travel this ferry all the time on my motorcycle, and that's what you do.

Hope that makes sense.
It does, thanks. My nephew recently moved to Silverdale and I'll be visiting him and his family periodically. I've seen how traffic can queue up in Kingston and was hoping I wouldn't have to deal with it when on the bike.
Aug 7th 2018, 01:53 PM   #11
 PeteN95's Avatar
Moderator
 
  Jan 2016
  Muklilteo, WA

  Suzuki DL1000, Honda XR650R, KTM 250 XC-W
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrishil54
Double check the ride to the front of the line. While it is the SOP on MOST days in WA, some situations (mainly large bike gatherings), will change that.
Yes, in Mukilteo/Clinton I think the only one is the Oyster Run (Harley fest) at the end of Sept. On that day bikes must wait in line with cars.
Reply

  PNW Moto > Washington > Seattle

Tags
donít, ferry, lines, motorcycles, wait



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Warning: Ferry Terminal Speeds Didley Kitsap 8 Jun 11th 2018 08:24 PM
How to get on Ferry? Southworth/Fauntleroy Didley Kitsap 5 Mar 23rd 2018 07:07 AM
Southworth ferry tips? Hyper7 Kitsap 9 Oct 6th 2017 05:25 AM
Custom brake lines? MikeMikeMike Seattle 4 Sep 19th 2017 04:52 PM
For Sale: Braided GSXR lines Squidly Classifieds 0 Mar 5th 2017 03:00 PM




Copyright © 2018 PNW Moto. All rights reserved.