Instagram     

Go Back   PNW Moto > Oregon > Portland

Portland Rides, meetups, regional discussions | Portland, Salem, Hermiston, Astoria

Like Tree42Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Apr 18th 2019, 07:06 AM   #1
 Flyboymedic's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Hazel Dell, Wa

  Honda VFR800, Husqvarna TE 610, Ducati Hypermotard 1100S, Suzuki VStrom 650, Yamaha Radian, MZ 125SM
Angry Police: Woman crashes stolen motorcycle

Nice to see more women riding motorcycles!
https://www.koin.com/news/crashes/po...cle/1935673806

So who gets there crashed bike back?
1shinysideup and JayFree like this.
Apr 18th 2019, 09:10 AM   #2
 Sentinel's Avatar
 
  Jun 2016
  Poor Tortured

  2013 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Harlequin
i thought it said "Police woman crashes stolen motorcycle" and I was wondering whether she had stolen it or was joy-riding something from the evidence room.

the power of punctuation.

there should be a book about it.
Apr 18th 2019, 10:09 AM   #3
 
  Jan 2016
  Sandy, OR

  2009 VFR, 1990 GSX-R750, 1983 CB1000c
She had it since February?
I can see how this happens, blonde walks up, "hey nice bike" thanks. "can I sit on it?" Sure I don't see the harm in that. "buh-bye" WTF!!@!!#$#.

And now she has a bike and you get to call your ins. to explain.

Why don't we cut a finger off for each theft? I'm just saying it may seem a little extreme, but after a couple / a few fingers are gone I'm thinking it gets harder to steal stuff and new career path may be pursued.
Parilla125, motoman and JayFree like this.
Apr 18th 2019, 12:42 PM   #4
 Flyboymedic's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Hazel Dell, Wa

  Honda VFR800, Husqvarna TE 610, Ducati Hypermotard 1100S, Suzuki VStrom 650, Yamaha Radian, MZ 125SM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyAG1
Why don't we cut a finger off for each theft? I'm just saying it may seem a little extreme, but after a couple / a few fingers are gone I'm thinking it gets harder to steal stuff and new career path may be pursued.
Agreed. I think we should have harsher penalties for when a car hits a mc, bicycle rider, or pedestrian. It seems most are pleaded out to manslaughter and around 5 years.
tod701, motoman and JayFree like this.
Apr 18th 2019, 12:47 PM   #5
 Flyboymedic's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Hazel Dell, Wa

  Honda VFR800, Husqvarna TE 610, Ducati Hypermotard 1100S, Suzuki VStrom 650, Yamaha Radian, MZ 125SM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel
i thought it said "Police woman crashes stolen motorcycle" and I was wondering whether she had stolen it or was joy-riding something from the evidence room.

the power of punctuation.

there should be a book about it.
I notice way more grammatical errors in today's newspaper articles than I ever have before along with spelling errors. Today's journalists and editors can't seem to spell worth a crap these days!
Parilla125 likes this.
Apr 18th 2019, 04:04 PM   #6
 Chrishil54's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Kirkland

  2009 V-Star 1100 Custom
"A motorcyclist was taken into custody after police said she sped away from an officer, crashed the bike then fled on foot."

I like how they slandered the reputation of legal motorcycle riders with that. Why don't they say something like "An accused motorcycle thief crashed attempting to avoid arrest" or "A stolen motorcycle was wrecked by the rider while attempting to avoid police." Either one would have been more accurate and not slandered our reputation.
JayFree likes this.
Apr 18th 2019, 04:50 PM   #7
 chadams66's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Garden Home

  2012 Versys...'83 BMW R80 RT...Suzuki GS 450t
who is this mystery woman?

as for spelling errors I'm pretty sure people let their phones spell for them and take the first hint provided..well that and they most likely don't know the difference..or care to...
Flyboymedic and JayFree like this.
Apr 18th 2019, 05:49 PM   #8
 
  Mar 2016
  Seattle

  '14 KTM Duke 690, '08 BMW K12GT, '05 BMW R12ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboymedic
I notice way more grammatical errors in today's newspaper articles than I ever have before along with spelling errors. Today's journalists and editors can't seem to spell worth a crap these days!
For the police, there is a lot of room for improvement in how they're working to return theft victims their bikes.
JayFree likes this.
Apr 18th 2019, 06:49 PM   #9
 Oregon Motorcycle's Avatar
 
  Mar 2019
  oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDave
For the police, there is a lot of room for improvement in how they're working to return theft victims their bikes.
You think?

Iíve had 2 stolen and the police were a complete joke in both cases. I didnít even call the police on the second one,... they called me.
JayFree likes this.
Apr 18th 2019, 07:29 PM   #10
 Sentinel's Avatar
 
  Jun 2016
  Poor Tortured

  2013 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Harlequin
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDave
For the police, there is a lot of room for improvement in how they're working to return theft victims their bikes.
lo-pri.

revenuers etc.
JayFree likes this.
Apr 19th 2019, 03:42 AM   #11
 Oregon Motorcycle's Avatar
 
  Mar 2019
  oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel
lo-pri.

revenuers etc.
Yep... could care less about you. They just want your money. I got busted fishing last fall and it was a disaster. Took my salmon and fined me 440 dollars for a mistake. Anyway my you tube revenue payed that and more
Thumperpilot and JayFree like this.
Apr 19th 2019, 07:10 AM   #12
 
  Apr 2019
  McMinnville, OR

  2004 Suzuki SV650
Did you guys see this one? Cop tries to take in a a dirt bike:

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/04...bike-incident/
Apr 19th 2019, 07:15 AM   #13
 
  Jan 2016
  Lynnwood WA

  2007 Yamaha FZ6, 2008 Aprilia Tuono & 2009 Yamaha WR250R
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyAG1
She had it since February?
I can see how this happens, blonde walks up, "hey nice bike" thanks. "can I sit on it?" Sure I don't see the harm in that. "buh-bye" WTF!!@!!#$#.

And now she has a bike and you get to call your ins. to explain.

Why don't we cut a finger off for each theft? I'm just saying it may seem a little extreme, but after a couple / a few fingers are gone I'm thinking it gets harder to steal stuff and new career path may be pursued.
And make it easier to spot them
Apr 19th 2019, 07:31 AM   #14
 Bald Guy's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Kennewick

  KTM SAR Husqvarna Strada, Ural Patrol and a shit load of BN125
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFree
*Your* - Possessive

*You're* - You are abbreviation

Why don't people seem to get that?
You're is a contraction.
Texasl, Parilla125 and JayFree like this.
Apr 19th 2019, 08:52 AM   #15
 Flyboymedic's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Hazel Dell, Wa

  Honda VFR800, Husqvarna TE 610, Ducati Hypermotard 1100S, Suzuki VStrom 650, Yamaha Radian, MZ 125SM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Motorcycle
Yep... could care less about you.
I think you mean they couldn't care less about you.
I'm the grammar police and I'm here to protect and serve.
Parilla125 and JayFree like this.
Reply

  PNW Moto > Oregon > Portland

Tags
crashes, motorcycle, police, stolen, woman



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motorcycle STOLEN pdxloser Portland 4 Sep 19th 2018 08:06 AM
Vid: Motorcycle On Fire | 3 Crashes SalemCBR Motorcycles 16 Sep 4th 2018 11:37 AM
Year Round Rider-New Motorcycle Stolen This Morning! JamalKhoury Portland 0 Feb 17th 2018 12:18 PM
Stolen Motorcycle 2nd Childhood Seattle 2 May 31st 2017 10:35 AM
Hilarious Bavarian police motorcycle stop Thumperpilot Motorcycles 3 Jun 6th 2016 07:08 AM




Copyright © 2019 PNW Moto. All rights reserved.