Instagram     

Go Back   PNW Moto > Oregon > Portland

Portland Rides, meetups, regional discussions | Portland, Salem, Hermiston, Astoria

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Oct 13th 2016, 10:31 PM   #1
 Greg's Avatar
 
  Apr 2016
  PDX

  2014 Triumph Daytona 675R
Post New Cycle Gear

FYI, news to me although probably not news to everybody

New Cycle Gear Location in Beaverton (I live pretty close so I had a flyer show up with coupons)
Attached Thumbnails
New Cycle Gear-capture2.jpg  
Oct 14th 2016, 04:14 AM   #2
SX4
 SX4's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Prosser, WA

  S1000rr and a few others!
Nice!

Sent via XT1093
Oct 14th 2016, 11:51 AM   #3
 WarpShatner7's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Portland

  R1200ST & CB350
Cycle Gear is better than nothing when you're desperate and have to buy local, unless of course they simply don't have what you need at all, which in my case seems to be always.

Lamphere's Beaverton Motorcycle has a FAR better selection of helmets and riding gear but has long since stopped being a place to go for supplies and consumables. For some reason their inventory keeps shrivelling. I'm at the point where Honda Spray Cleaner is the only thing I still go there for.
Oct 14th 2016, 12:24 PM   #4
 beansbaxter's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Seattle, WA

  Ducati + KTM
After the merger with RevZilla, has there been any changes with Cycle Gear or their store inventory selection?
Oct 14th 2016, 01:10 PM   #5
 Josh's Avatar
 
  Jul 2016
  The Couv

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansbaxter
After the merger with RevZilla, has there been any changes with Cycle Gear or their store inventory selection?
I haven't noticed anything by the cyclegear next door. Same old low-mid grade stuff.
Oct 14th 2016, 01:37 PM   #6
 
  Jul 2016
  Clackamas

  2016 Versys 1000 2014 Versys 650 2006 KLR 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpShatner7
Cycle Gear is better than nothing when you're desperate and have to buy local, unless of course they simply don't have what you need at all, which in my case seems to be always.

Lamphere's Beaverton Motorcycle has a FAR better selection of helmets and riding gear but has long since stopped being a place to go for supplies and consumables. For some reason their inventory keeps shrivelling. I'm at the point where Honda Spray Cleaner is the only thing I still go there for.
I too used to drive over to Beaverton from the east side for the Honda polish...then switched to Original Bike Spirits from Cycle Gear. Seemed to work the same.

Now switched to regular Lemon Pledge. Works great also.
Oct 14th 2016, 02:37 PM   #7
 
  Feb 2016
  Beaverton OR

Good for oil on a sunday....
Oct 14th 2016, 03:04 PM   #8
 Greg's Avatar
 
  Apr 2016
  PDX

  2014 Triumph Daytona 675R
Quote:
Originally Posted by beansbaxter
After the merger with RevZilla, has there been any changes with Cycle Gear or their store inventory selection?
I'm interested to see what happens as well, I think it's too early to know. I'm a big Revzilla guy, watched more videos than I'd like to admit. I'm hoping this one is larger than the one in East Portland for sizes/selection

Sent via SM-G900P

Edited by Greg on Oct 14th 2016 at 03:21 PM
Oct 19th 2016, 11:29 AM   #9
 wooden's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  PDX

  '14 St3R, '05 DR650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg
I'm interested to see what happens as well, I think it's too early to know. I'm a big Revzilla guy, watched more videos than I'd like to admit. I'm hoping this one is larger than the one in East Portland for sizes/selection

Sent via SM-G900P
From a physical size standpoint, it's about the same as the one on Stark on the Eastside. I haven't been inside it yet so I can't comment on the selection (is it even open yet? I drive by it on 217 to/from work every day but haven't bothered to check if it's open).
Oct 20th 2016, 07:00 PM   #10
 
  Jan 2016
  Beaverton

  '13 636, '14 N1k
Yes, they are open as of a couple weeks ago. Had a big grand opening shindig and everything.

I'm curious why one would think they would start to carry different products after buying a similar company on the opposite side of the spectrum.

It's not like they were unable to carry higher end stuff before. Pretty sure they cater to the low end crowd on purpose.

Now they also have a high end div, and can take advantage of everything in the middle.

Sent via SM-N910T
Oct 21st 2016, 08:51 AM   #11
 GoldAsh's Avatar
 
  May 2016
  Wilsonville

  S1000RR
RevZilla is nice but I think I buy more from Motorcycle Gear | Buy Motorcycle Helmets, Jackets, Parts, Tires & More and MotorcycleGear.com (the new name of New Enough) :: Motorcycle Jackets, Helmets, Gloves, Boots, Luggage, Parts and More! then anyone else.

Occasionally Cycle Gear has a sale on Dainese that I have bought from them but MotoCorsa has better selection for nice gear with some good sales.
Reply

  PNW Moto > Oregon > Portland

Tags
cycle, gear



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bike Night: Cycle Gear Lynnwood PeteN95 Seattle 1 Jul 27th 2016 08:13 PM
Review: Road Hawk Cycle: Best Place For Used Parts Pigs Reviews 3 Jun 27th 2016 10:04 PM
Revzilla owners' response to Cycle Gear takeover Thumperpilot Motorcycles 13 Feb 12th 2016 05:25 AM
Cycle Gear to buy out Revzilla Thumperpilot Motorcycles 12 Feb 6th 2016 09:50 AM




Copyright © 2017 PNW Moto. All rights reserved.