Instagram     

Go Back   PNW Moto > PNW Moto > Motorcycles

Motorcycles For topics and discussions about all motorcycle makes and models

Like Tree11Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Oct 19th 2016, 06:56 PM   #1
 liberpolly's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Seattle

  Ducati Diavel, Aprilia Scarabeo
Triumph bobber

2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber | First Look Review | Rider Magazine

I am all for Triumph making more money so they can build better standards, but who exactly needs this thing? Better handling Harley? That's Japanese thing. I am confused...
Oct 19th 2016, 08:13 PM   #2
 
  Jan 2016
  Renton

  2011 Triumph Daytona 675, 1975 Honda CB550K1
To their credit, back in the day, it was Harley and Triumph bikes getting turned into choppers, so I guess this whole bobber thing is fair game too.

Sent via HTC One M9
VeritasImageryNW likes this.
Oct 19th 2016, 08:59 PM   #3
 Transported's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Portland

  2016 R1, 1999 R1
I like it. If it was fun to ride in addition to its looks, I'd buy it.
307T likes this.
Oct 19th 2016, 09:52 PM   #4
 307T's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Washington County

  H-D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transported
I like it. If it was fun to ride in addition to its looks, I'd buy it.
I'd be willing to bet it will be fun to ride if it is at all like it's current Triumph siblings. This generation of Triumphs is the polar opposite of those glorious Triumphs of 50 years ago. They looked great and were fun to ride and race but their mechanical reliability sucked pond water. I say this as a former owner of both Triumphs and their cousin BSA. So, Vaun, let me know if you buy one, then come on over and let me take it around the block!
Oct 20th 2016, 12:27 AM   #5
 Burphel's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Travelling around the NW

  Triumph Bonnezilla
I like the look of it. A lot like what my newbie cruiser turned into eventually. As for handling, Triumph manages to make behemoths like the Rocket 3 and Thunderbird handle really well. I have faith this thing will still ride circles around anything else that bears a resemblance to it. I'm bummed that this came out before a Scrambler update. With the success they've had with their Tigers, I'd love to see them blend the new twin engine and styling into something lighter and a bit more dirt-competent than the air-cooled model.

Edited by Burphel on Oct 20th 2016 at 12:33 AM
Oct 20th 2016, 01:10 AM   #6
 Transported's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Portland

  2016 R1, 1999 R1
I'm as likely to actually buy one as you are to ride again. 😉
Oct 20th 2016, 07:16 AM   #7
 Parilla125's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  SeaTac

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberpolly
2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber | First Look Review | Rider Magazine

I am all for Triumph making more money so they can build better standards, but who exactly needs this thing? Better handling Harley? That's Japanese thing. I am confused...
That is the beauty of choice. Not everyone would make the same one...
I like the look but I am not sure I would pull the trigger on one at this stage in my life.
Oct 20th 2016, 09:10 AM   #8
 VeritasImageryNW's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Allyn, WA

  '06 HD Street Bob, '85 Yamaha FJ600, '99 Honda CBR600f4
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberpolly
2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber | First Look Review | Rider Magazine

I am all for Triumph making more money so they can build better standards, but who exactly needs this thing? Better handling Harley? That's Japanese thing. I am confused...
One would think that as a Triumph owner you would be a bit more knowledgeable of their history. This bike is just as much a representation of their past, and current custom trends, as the Bonneville and Thruxton. This bike has nothing to do with trying to be a "better handling Harley" and everything to do with being a nod toward custom Triumphs. Just do a Google search of "Triumph Bobber" and you will see tons of old, and new, custom bikes just like this one.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph bobber-foundry-triumph-bobber-1.jpg  
Parilla125, 307T and wooden like this.

Edited by VeritasImageryNW on Oct 20th 2016 at 09:33 AM
Oct 20th 2016, 10:26 AM   #9
 307T's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Washington County

  H-D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transported
I'm as likely to actually buy one as you are to ride again. 😉
Ouch!
Oct 20th 2016, 05:39 PM   #10
 liberpolly's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Seattle

  Ducati Diavel, Aprilia Scarabeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeritasImageryNW
One would think that as a Triumph owner you would be a bit more knowledgeable of their history. This bike is just as much a representation of their past, and current custom trends, as the Bonneville and Thruxton. This bike has nothing to do with trying to be a "better handling Harley" and everything to do with being a nod toward custom Triumphs. Just do a Google search of "Triumph Bobber" and you will see tons of old, and new, custom bikes just like this one.
I know about these butchered abominations. Doesn't mean I have to like them.
Oct 21st 2016, 09:15 AM   #11
 PeteN95's Avatar
Moderator
 
  Jan 2016
  Muklilteo, WA

  Suzuki DL1000, Honda XR650R, KTM 250 XC-W
I kind of like it, but I know some people who won't:

Oct 21st 2016, 03:40 PM   #12
 Skiffman's Avatar
 
  Apr 2016
  Kitsap

  Yamaha Venture --Victory Octane
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberpolly
2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber | First Look Review | Rider Magazine

I am all for Triumph making more money so they can build better standards, but who exactly needs this thing? Better handling Harley? That's Japanese thing. I am confused...
I exactly need that thing!
Need something stylish, lighter than the 'average cruiser' with decent handling and about 80-100 hp.
Loved riding the Bolt and Indian Scout, but this is more what I am looking for in a second bike. Sounds like it should be a good ride,

Cycle World;
"Like the rest of the bikes in the Bonneville lineup, it will come with everything from riding modes (Road and Rain) to switchable traction control, ABS, and a torque-assist clutch."
VeritasImageryNW likes this.
Oct 22nd 2016, 12:20 AM   #13
 liberpolly's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Seattle

  Ducati Diavel, Aprilia Scarabeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiffman
I exactly need that thing!
Need something stylish, lighter than the 'average cruiser' with decent handling and about 80-100 hp.
Loved riding the Bolt and Indian Scout, but this is more what I am looking for in a second bike. Sounds like it should be a good ride,

Cycle World;
"Like the rest of the bikes in the Bonneville lineup, it will come with everything from riding modes (Road and Rain) to switchable traction control, ABS, and a torque-assist clutch."
Why buy this over T120?
Oct 22nd 2016, 05:54 AM   #14
 Texasl's Avatar
Moderator
 
  Jan 2016
  Northeast Olalla

  07 Guzzi
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberpolly
Why buy this over T120?
Because?
Oct 22nd 2016, 09:42 AM   #15
 VeritasImageryNW's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Allyn, WA

  '06 HD Street Bob, '85 Yamaha FJ600, '99 Honda CBR600f4
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberpolly
Why buy this over T120?
Because he likes the looks of it? Why does it matter to you? And it obviously shows that there is a market for the bike, so it proves that Triumph is right in making it.
Reply

  PNW Moto > PNW Moto > Motorcycles

Tags
bobber, triumph



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRIUMPH GOES DOWN at Bonneville! Thumperpilot Motorcycles 3 Oct 1st 2016 02:00 PM
Triumph trying for 400mph this week! Thumperpilot Motorcycles 2 Sep 16th 2016 08:07 AM
For Sale: 2014 Triumph Daytona 675R mgfchapin Classifieds 9 Jul 27th 2016 06:48 PM
Review: Triumph Street Twin liberpolly Reviews 17 Feb 22nd 2016 09:01 AM
Triumph Sprint GT owners Pavement Tested Motorcycles 0 Jan 28th 2016 11:34 PM




Copyright © 2021 PNW Moto. All rights reserved.