Instagram     

Go Back   PNW Moto > PNW Moto > Motorcycles

Motorcycles For topics and discussions about all motorcycle makes and models

Like Tree3Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Mar 18th 2021, 04:27 PM   #1
 Sentinel's Avatar
 
  Jun 2016
  Poor Tortured

  2019 Nada
Someone got new tires today...

Love me some new rubber.
Also installed new EBC HH pads up front.

Woot!

Here's the thing tho - $123.17 for MOUNTING.
Attached Thumbnails
Someone got new tires today...-pxl_20210319_002119514.jpg   Someone got new tires today...-pxl_20210319_001907244.jpg  
SlimJim likes this.
Mar 18th 2021, 06:01 PM   #2
 Texasl's Avatar
Moderator
 
  Jan 2016
  Northeast Olalla

  07 Guzzi, 20 MT-07
Are those Angel GT 2's? I love the way they run on Luigi.

Sent via moto z3
Mar 18th 2021, 06:50 PM   #3
 Transported's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Portland

  2016 R1
$50 at Cycle Gear, if you bring the wheels in.
Mar 19th 2021, 07:30 AM   #4
 Sentinel's Avatar
 
  Jun 2016
  Poor Tortured

  2019 Nada
Nope - Angel GT (1?).
To me these are perfect for a heavier bike.
Lots of silica for those damp spots, and they heat up nicely for 75% riding when its twisty out.
And, yeah, not gonna go to that Kawasaki/KTM shop again for mounting. That's kind of crazy.
But they got me in and out within about 4 hours, so that was good.
Mar 19th 2021, 10:01 AM   #5
 Texasl's Avatar
Moderator
 
  Jan 2016
  Northeast Olalla

  07 Guzzi, 20 MT-07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel
Nope - Angel GT (1?).
To me these are perfect for a heavier bike.
Lots of silica for those damp spots, and they heat up nicely for 75% riding when its twisty out.
And, yeah, not gonna go to that Kawasaki/KTM shop again for mounting. That's kind of crazy.
But they got me in and out within about 4 hours, so that was good.
I believe that the GT-2 superseded the GT. They seemed, at least to me, to way out perform all of the Pilot Roads that I have had, taking rain like the bike is on rails, sticking the corners better, and wear like Iron.

Is it safe to presume that you bought the tires elsewhere and brought them and the wheels in for mounting? I didn't get nicked anywhere that badly, but I bought the tires there.

Mar 19th 2021, 12:26 PM   #6
 Sentinel's Avatar
 
  Jun 2016
  Poor Tortured

  2019 Nada
yeah. tires from revzilla.
just back from a neighborhood jaunt.
so - the profile makes the bike a bit looser, tippier, and nimbler.
and the brake pads - genius. they eliminate the Bandit brake flaw. now the brakes are tight tight tight.
all in all a nice refresh.
ready for summer - NOW.
Mar 19th 2021, 01:30 PM   #7
 Texasl's Avatar
Moderator
 
  Jan 2016
  Northeast Olalla

  07 Guzzi, 20 MT-07
You may be ready for summer, but I think that Mother Nature has other plans.
Mar 20th 2021, 11:06 AM   #8
 FeralRdr's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  The Rider's Seat

If I might ask, what sort of mileage do you typically get out of the GT 2's. I ran a set of GT's on my '12 N1K, and got 5600 miles out of them. Since I typically got 7500 (+/- a couple hundred miles or so) out of Michelin's PR2's, I went back to running them on my bikes.

As the PR2's have been discontinued, I'm curious about new options.
Mar 21st 2021, 05:09 AM   #9
 MMcN49's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Small Island Surrounded by Puget Sound

  07 Buell XB12STT, (Two) 12 Suzuki DR650 SE 72BMWR75/5 KIA @ 243K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasl
You may be ready for summer, but I think that Mother Nature has other plans.
Hey Larry - Getting ready for the Spring Opener, curious minds want to know? Hear snow is under 10 feet at the passes.
Texasl and FidalgoRob like this.
Mar 21st 2021, 05:41 AM   #10
 GPD323's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Spanaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralRdr
If I might ask, what sort of mileage do you typically get out of the GT 2's. I ran a set of GT's on my '12 N1K, and got 5600 miles out of them. Since I typically got 7500 (+/- a couple hundred miles or so) out of Michelin's PR2's, I went back to running them on my bikes.

As the PR2's have been discontinued, I'm curious about new options.
Thats what I usually got on my C14, however it would eat the GT front in 3K miles, so 2 fronts to one rear on the Angel GT's. I started running the AVON 3DXM's and get about 6K before both needed replacement. Then tried the AVON Spirits, same as the 3DXM's. Now running Road Smart 2's and get about 6K before both are toast. Road Smarts are like $154 shipped and I have a shop in Lakewood do the tire change for $50 out the door.
I hand carry the wheels and new tires into the shop.

Last few sets here, no sales tax. Free shipping.

https://www.americanmototire.com/

Edited by GPD323 on Mar 21st 2021 at 05:44 AM
Mar 23rd 2021, 04:40 AM   #11
 Texasl's Avatar
Moderator
 
  Jan 2016
  Northeast Olalla

  07 Guzzi, 20 MT-07
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMcN49
Hey Larry - Getting ready for the Spring Opener, curious minds want to know? Hear snow is under 10 feet at the passes.
I think that we may have to wait a couple of weeks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralRdr
If I might ask, what sort of mileage do you typically get out of the GT 2's. I ran a set of GT's on my '12 N1K, and got 5600 miles out of them. Since I typically got 7500 (+/- a couple hundred miles or so) out of Michelin's PR2's, I went back to running them on my bikes.

As the PR2's have been discontinued, I'm curious about new options.
I haven't burned them up yet, but they do seem to be outlasting the PR 3's I had been running.
Mar 23rd 2021, 06:51 AM   #12
 Sentinel's Avatar
 
  Jun 2016
  Poor Tortured

  2019 Nada
I saw a lot of center-wear on the Angel GT's on my C14. But that bike is like 700 lbs without a rider and so that little skinny front contact patch does a LOT of work under braking. No way around that.
I got about about 5k on the Pilot Power 2CT's i just took off. I'd hope to get closer to maybe 9k on the GT's because I ride pretty mildly on this bike.
Mar 23rd 2021, 07:25 AM   #13
 lagwagonlead's Avatar
 
  Mar 2016
  Pasco, WA

  FJ-09, Versys 650 LT, SV650, YCF 155 SM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel
Here's the thing tho - $123.17 for MOUNTING.
That's roughly what it cost for my entire tire changing setup. Insane.
Mar 23rd 2021, 08:52 AM   #14
 Tripledij's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Custer WA

  Aprilia Tuono 1100 and Moto Guzzi V7 III Milano
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagwagonlead
That's roughly what it cost for my entire tire changing setup. Insane.
^ This. I recently put fresh shoes on my Guzzi and got to use a proper tire lube and it made a huge difference. It's called RuGLYDE and I got a gallon jug of it at NAPA for $16. It worked way better than windex or soapy water.



Edited by Tripledij on Mar 23rd 2021 at 09:00 AM
Mar 23rd 2021, 09:07 AM   #15
 lagwagonlead's Avatar
 
  Mar 2016
  Pasco, WA

  FJ-09, Versys 650 LT, SV650, YCF 155 SM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripledij
^ This. I recently put fresh shoes on my Guzzi and got to use a proper tire lube and it made a huge difference. It's called RuGLYDE and I got a gallon jug of it at NAPA for $16. It worked way better than windex or soapy water.
What is the consistency like? Can you put it into a spray bottle or is it thicker stuff? I switched from WindEx to off brand aerosol window cleaner so I can spray at unusual angles without having to worry about the spray hose just suck air. Still dries up a little too quickly when warm though.
Reply

  PNW Moto > PNW Moto > Motorcycles

Tags
tires, today



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: New tires for sale! SteveO Classifieds 4 May 31st 2017 08:44 PM
Review: Dunlop Q3 Tires Damon Mon Wai Reviews 3 Aug 29th 2016 07:47 AM
Heidenau tires equinity Mechanical and Technical 1 Aug 3rd 2016 05:57 PM
New tires kromlec Kitsap 5 Apr 26th 2016 11:17 AM
So, what tires and oil should I use? pjd Motorcycles 16 Jan 28th 2016 10:42 AM




Copyright © 2021 PNW Moto. All rights reserved.