Instagram     

Go Back   PNW Moto > PNW Moto > Motorcycles

Motorcycles For topics and discussions about all motorcycle makes and models

Like Tree12Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Jan 21st 2016, 06:20 PM   #1
 Flyboymedic's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Hazel Dell, Wa

  Honda VFR800, Husqvarna TE 610, Ducati Hypermotard 1100S, Yamaha Radian, MZ 125SM
Exclamation PSA: Be careful if you lane split!

Just a friendly reminder to be careful and aware of aggressive drivers if you should lane split. I saw a Jeep Grand Cherokee pull out in front of a motorcycle today because the mc was passing on the shoulder during a long line of parked traffic. It's not legal right now and of course I'd never do it, but if you do, please be safe about it.
Willow and albatrosscafe like this.
Jan 21st 2016, 08:33 PM   #2
 Pigs's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Portland

  bicicleta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboymedic
I'd never do it
Neither do any of us here, right?
albatrosscafe likes this.
Jan 21st 2016, 08:37 PM   #3
DGA
 DGA's Avatar
Moderator
 
  Jan 2016
  PDX

  An Ape and a Husky
Nope! Never done it, will never do it, something, something, law abiding citizen.
albatrosscafe likes this.
Jan 21st 2016, 08:51 PM   #4
 liberpolly's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Seattle

  Ducati Diavel, Aprilia Scarabeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboymedic
Just a friendly reminder to be careful and aware of aggressive drivers if you should lane split. I saw a Jeep Grand Cherokee pull out in front of a motorcycle today because the mc was passing on the shoulder during a long line of parked traffic.
That's vehicular assault or something. I'd take video.
Jan 21st 2016, 10:32 PM   #5
 KillerMondoDude's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Arlington WA AKA state of denial

  The Freaks
Its not legal but its not Illegal
I ride Seattle so i white line like a MOFO especially around cop cars; not to be Big Barny Badass but more to show everyone around the copper that it is LEGALish and i wont get pulled over so quit bitching
When i first started whitelining here everyone would honk and be bitchy but now noone honks and people pull over (give me more of a lane so i can pass safely) when they see me coming
If you try to block me in ill just lane hop go past yas and not give a fuck (seriously your dumb ass aint worth my time)
So if your in Seattle and you see a white hyperstrada whitelining give me a wave (I wont wave back due to concentration required to whiteline) and ill try to acknowledge your presence
Jan 22nd 2016, 06:33 AM   #6
 
  Jan 2016
  WA

  WR250X; FZ-07
It's not legal. Gray area doesn't make it legal. If you want to find the RCW that states it's not illegal, be my guest.
Jan 22nd 2016, 07:05 AM   #7
 Flyboymedic's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Hazel Dell, Wa

  Honda VFR800, Husqvarna TE 610, Ducati Hypermotard 1100S, Yamaha Radian, MZ 125SM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberpolly
That's vehicular assault or something. I'd take video.
No contact was made therefore no assault or anything. Just the illegal mc rider doing something productive to keep one more vehicle from parking, and overheating on the parking lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by llDemonll
It's not legal. Gray area doesn't make it legal. If you want to find the RCW that states it's not illegal, be my guest.
Totally illegal everywhere in the PNW.
Jan 22nd 2016, 07:58 AM   #8
 liberpolly's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Seattle

  Ducati Diavel, Aprilia Scarabeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboymedic
No contact was made therefore no assault or anything. Just the illegal mc rider doing something productive to keep one more vehicle from parking, and overheating on the parking lot.

Totally illegal everywhere in the PNW.
Attempted assault then?
Jan 22nd 2016, 09:58 AM   #9
 dragracer1951's Avatar
Moderator
 
  Jan 2016
  Bremerton

  07 XB12 Buell Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMondoDude
Its not legal but its not Illegal
I ride Seattle so i white line like a MOFO especially around cop cars; not to be Big Barny Badass but more to show everyone around the copper that it is LEGALish and i wont get pulled over so quit bitching
When i first started whitelining here everyone would honk and be bitchy but now noone honks and people pull over (give me more of a lane so i can pass safely) when they see me coming
If you try to block me in ill just lane hop go past yas and not give a fuck (seriously your dumb ass aint worth my time)
So if your in Seattle and you see a white hyperstrada whitelining give me a wave (I wont wave back due to concentration required to whiteline) and ill try to acknowledge your presence
This guy Gets It!!
I used to work in Ballard. Rode a boat from the Coleman Dock. Getting down Western, to Alaskan Way to the dock could be a fist fight.
I ain't missin my boat so some fuck can feel superior in traffic.
Buh Bye...
Never had a cop look twice at me
Hoolies on the first ave bridge, on the other hand...
DGA and albatrosscafe like this.
Jan 22nd 2016, 10:39 AM   #10
 liberpolly's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Seattle

  Ducati Diavel, Aprilia Scarabeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redkat600
No. Motorcycles are not in the same class as bicycles and pedestrians (which are classified as people). We are classified like cars and trucks. Therefor, you cannot assault or attempt to assault another vehicle with a vehicle.

So many people don't understand this.

It needs to change though.
So if somebody deliberately pushes me in my car off the road with their car, how is it called?
Jan 22nd 2016, 10:49 AM   #11
 Cougar's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Richland

  Yamaha FZ1, KTM Super Duke GT, Yamaha FJR, Yamaha XS650
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMondoDude
Its not legal but its not Illegal
I ride Seattle so i white line like a MOFO especially around cop cars; not to be Big Barny Badass but more to show everyone around the copper that it is LEGALish and i wont get pulled over so quit bitching
When i first started whitelining here everyone would honk and be bitchy but now noone honks and people pull over (give me more of a lane so i can pass safely) when they see me coming
If you try to block me in ill just lane hop go past yas and not give a fuck (seriously your dumb ass aint worth my time)
So if your in Seattle and you see a white hyperstrada whitelining give me a wave (I wont wave back due to concentration required to whiteline) and ill try to acknowledge your presence
I'm not clear on what "whiteline" means.
Jan 22nd 2016, 01:05 PM   #12
 
  Jan 2016
  Newcastle, WA

  1995 Suzuki Katana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redkat600
Riding the white line on the right edge of the road. Technically you are neither occupying/sharing a lane nor off the road/on the shoulder, therefor breaking no laws.
Only if your bike, and you, are only 3" wide, I'd think....
Jan 22nd 2016, 03:07 PM   #13
 Parilla125's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  SeaTac

Not sure that going around traffic with a motorcycle to get to the ferry is the same. They stick bikes in where a car will not fit. Put them on first and last. Makes no sense to sit in traffic and leave open spaces on the boat. I don't ride the centerline on the freeway (yet) but I will pass everyone to get to the ferry.
Mar 1st 2016, 10:56 PM   #14
 
  Jan 2016
  Renton

  2011 Triumph Daytona 675, 1975 Honda CB550K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberpolly
So if somebody deliberately pushes me in my car off the road with their car, how is it called?
A death wish.

Sent via HTC One M9
SilvieFox likes this.
Mar 2nd 2016, 08:26 AM   #15
 albatrosscafe's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Issaquah

  2015 Yamaha FZ-07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboymedic
I saw a Jeep Grand Cherokee pull out in front of a motorcycle today because the mc was passing on the shoulder during a long line of parked traffic.
Where exactly did you see it happen?
Reply

  PNW Moto > PNW Moto > Motorcycles

Tags
careful, lane, psa, split



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Be careful who you honk at Tripledij Motorcycles 19 Jun 16th 2016 07:48 AM
PSA:Be careful if you can't see far ahead of you Pigs Motorcycles 9 Mar 23rd 2016 06:10 PM
Lane Splitting Petition no splat matt Motorcycles 3 Mar 18th 2016 07:48 PM
Riding season is starting soon so be careful! ridethepiggy Spokane 10 Feb 18th 2016 05:53 PM




Copyright © 2019 PNW Moto. All rights reserved.