Instagram     

Go Back   PNW Moto > PNW Moto > Motorcycles

Motorcycles For topics and discussions about all motorcycle makes and models

Like Tree122Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Feb 14th 2018, 02:55 PM   #106
DGA
 DGA's Avatar
Moderator
 
  Jan 2016
  PDX

  An Ape and a Husky
It's always been funny to me when certain folks want to police others and correct their simple traffic violations - due to some type of misguided just? - with vehicular assault, or in this case just simply assault.

Can't say if she is correct in what she did, or would I ever want to, but he's certainly not on the right side of the argument for getting out of his car and seriously escalating the situation. Warranted or not, he put himself in a situation without thinking of the repercussions. And all over trying to convey his version of proper road etiquette to someone? Sad in every regard.

Everyone should drive in Manila for a day before getting their drivers license. It'll seriously change your perception of what traffic is and how people deal with it.
Feb 14th 2018, 03:00 PM   #107
 liberpolly's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Seattle

  Ducati Diavel, Aprilia Scarabeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parilla125
Of course there are two cases here. Criminal and civil. The Criminal may be settled fairly quickly 'if' there is dashcam video, particularly if it has sound. The civil will be a long, long process most likely. And expensive. No doubt she would do it differently if she had it to do over but it is too late for that.
I did (everyone has?) done some dumbass stuff in my youth. Some by accident, some just doing, well, dumbass stuff... Glad it never got to this extent.
It is very unfortunate for both parties in this situation.
If her lawyer is not completely worthless, there will be a suit and a countersuit. Most likely the only people who will walk out of it with any money will be the lawyers.
Feb 14th 2018, 03:23 PM   #108
 Scribbles's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  NW

Unless Aubrey has a significant net worth, a civil suit is unlikely. How many people are willing to spend $30k suing someone who does not have $30k in assets?

A friend of mine got busted up pretty badly when a woman pulled out in front of him. The first thing his lawyer did was hire a private investigator to find out what the woman was worth on paper. He ended up with a 6 figure settlement because she had money (more than 2 years after the accident)
albatrosscafe likes this.
Feb 14th 2018, 06:14 PM   #109
 bumblebeetuna's Avatar
 
  Feb 2016
  Bothell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbles
Unless Aubrey has a significant net worth, a civil suit is unlikely. How many people are willing to spend $30k suing someone who does not have $30k in assets?

A friend of mine got busted up pretty badly when a woman pulled out in front of him. The first thing his lawyer did was hire a private investigator to find out what the woman was worth on paper. He ended up with a 6 figure settlement because she had money (more than 2 years after the accident)
Doesn't matter what you are worth or have.Payment plans... Friend who had no insurance crashed his bike into someones car and was at fault. He got put on a wonderful payment plan to cover the damages. He had no money, no job and tons of student loan dept. That didn't stop the judge. Sure this works in all kinds of situations.
MotoDan likes this.
Feb 15th 2018, 07:08 AM   #110
 Nathan's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  space needle

meanwhile in LA a motorcyclist tries to break up a fist fight in the middle of the freeway:
Fist fight breaks out in the middle of the 105 Freeway in South LA - Story | WNYW
Feb 15th 2018, 07:19 AM   #111
 Sentinel's Avatar
 
  Jun 2016
  Poor Tortured

  2015 Kawasaki Concours 14 - The Origame Sea-Dragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeetuna
Doesn't matter what you are worth ... no money, no job and tons of student loan dept. That didn't stop the judge. Sure this works in all kinds of situations.
"come here so i can hit you."

Edited by Sentinel on Feb 15th 2018 at 07:38 AM
Feb 15th 2018, 07:22 AM   #112
 Sentinel's Avatar
 
  Jun 2016
  Poor Tortured

  2015 Kawasaki Concours 14 - The Origame Sea-Dragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan
meanwhile in LA a motorcyclist tries to break up a fist fight in the middle of the freeway:
Fist fight breaks out in the middle of the 105 Freeway in South LA - Story | WNYW
fuck fox "news" and all other succubi of their ilk

there was nothing there but "hey. look at this shit we found on the internet."

x = #retweet

fx = x +1



"With the senses man measures perceptible things, with the intellect he measures intelligible things, and he attains unto supra-intelligible things transcendently."

Unless you are a dog.

i can FEEL it......


Edited by Sentinel on Feb 15th 2018 at 08:02 AM
Feb 15th 2018, 08:03 AM   #113
 albatrosscafe's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Issaquah

  2015 Yamaha FZ-07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel
fuck fox "news" and all other succubi of their ilk

there was nothing there but "hey. look at this shit we found on the internet."
Dude... I can't stand this either nowadays haha. About half of all "news" sites do this exact same thing.

Recipe:
  1. Post someone else's video
  2. Determine if video has conversational content
    • If yes, transcribe the conversation and put it below
    • If no, dictate the events that are happening in the video, albeit with a little more "flare"
  3. ???
  4. Profit!

Oftentimes the description offers no further information than what we can watch in the video itself. It then begs the question... why would we even read the text in the first place? Why even write it?
Feb 15th 2018, 08:17 AM   #114
 Nathan's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  space needle

aww too bad, If you can't ignore it just run and hide in your safe space...

"Caught on camera: A fist fight right in the middle of the busy 105 Freeway not far from the 110 interchange in South LA.
A witness captured two men duking it out. Cars around the scene stopped, and some honked as they continued to battle it out for whatever reason.
One man fell to the ground, then two bystanders stepped in. Both drivers ended up back in their vehicles and drove off.
There is no word on what started the altercation."

Relevant to this thread, a fist fight on hwy with a motorcyclist involved...
SilvieFox and MotoDan like this.
Feb 15th 2018, 01:36 PM   #115
 Cougar's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Richland

  Yamaha FZ1, KTM Super Duke GT, Yamaha FJR, Yamaha XS650
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatrosscafe
Dude... I can't stand this either nowadays haha. About half of all "news" sites do this exact same thing.

Recipe:
  1. Post someone else's video
  2. Determine if video has conversational content
    • If yes, transcribe the conversation and put it below
    • If no, dictate the events that are happening in the video, albeit with a little more "flare"
  3. ???
  4. Profit!

Oftentimes the description offers no further information than what we can watch in the video itself. It then begs the question... why would we even read the text in the first place? Why even write it?
What I don't understand is why "news" reports quote a tweet and then insert the tweet right below it. It's downright idiotic.
albatrosscafe and chadams66 like this.
Feb 15th 2018, 03:17 PM   #116
 liberpolly's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Seattle

  Ducati Diavel, Aprilia Scarabeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar
What I don't understand is why "news" reports quote a tweet and then insert the tweet right below it. It's downright idiotic.
Their business model is dying and they don't know what to do about it, so they're trying anything to seem relevant. It's just like saying "hashtag" on TV.
albatrosscafe and Gremlin like this.
Feb 15th 2018, 05:21 PM   #117
 Parilla125's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  SeaTac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeetuna
Doesn't matter what you are worth or have.Payment plans... Friend who had no insurance crashed his bike into someones car and was at fault. He got put on a wonderful payment plan to cover the damages. He had no money, no job and tons of student loan dept. That didn't stop the judge. Sure this works in all kinds of situations.
It isn't just for 'the now'. I had a kid hit me and had a judgement. Kid basically laughed at me because he had no money BUT I put a lien in place. Fast forward nearly 5 years later when he was becoming an adult and owned some items. And was trying to get to a new job out of State. And was trying to sell his vehicles. Oh oh! Got to settle the debt you owe before you can sell ANYTHING that has a title! I will admit to making him squirm a bit but did settle with him. Even cut him a little slack as he seemed to have turned into a pretty good kid.
Sooner or later that stuff can (and usually will) come back to haunt you.
Feb 15th 2018, 06:29 PM   #118
 alienbogey's Avatar
 
  Feb 2016
  Gig Harbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parilla125
It isn't just for 'the now'. I had a kid hit me and had a judgement. Kid basically laughed at me because he had no money BUT I put a lien in place. Fast forward nearly 5 years later when he was becoming an adult and owned some items. And was trying to get to a new job out of State. And was trying to sell his vehicles. Oh oh! Got to settle the debt you owe before you can sell ANYTHING that has a title! I will admit to making him squirm a bit but did settle with him. Even cut him a little slack as he seemed to have turned into a pretty good kid.
Sooner or later that stuff can (and usually will) come back to haunt you.
Justice can happen in the end.

Years ago I won a small claims court case against a landlord and he basically said, "F you I'm not paying."

Then, when he was applying for financing to buy his next rental house the default judgment without payment came up on his credit check and no one would write him a house loan.

He called me up months after his F you to ASK me to accept payment and would I PLEASE file the paperwork with the court showing the judgement settled and he sprinkled a whole bunch of Yes Sirs and No Sirs into the conversations.

It was quite satisfying.
Feb 16th 2018, 06:51 AM   #119
 MMcN49's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Small Island Surrounded by Puget Sound

  07 Buell XB12STT, (Two) 12 Suzuki DR650 SE 72BMWR75/5 KIA @ 243K
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienbogey
Justice can happen in the end.

Years ago I won a small claims court case against a landlord and he basically said, "F you I'm not paying." It was quite satisfying.
Agree! About 38 years ago I actually stopped at a stop sign in Seattle on my 72 R75/5 Beemer, (Metro bus was in the cross street). A woman in an old beat up VW bug ran into me, saying she didn't see me. Bike had $800 in damage but was driveable. Was banged up a bit but the leather jacket, gloves, boots and helmet did their job. Cops came gave her a ticket, I got her information but it was all fake. Phony address on her license and no insurance.

I contacted the State Licensing people, gave them a copy of the repair estimate. They prevented her from renewing her drivers license. She contacted me a year later wanting to settle. After several calls and haggling she finally agreed to pay the $800 or so dollars. I was so P-Off by the whole thing, I didn't cut her any slack. Had her bring a Postal Money Order to where I worked.
Feb 16th 2018, 02:26 PM   #120
 Scribbles's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  NW

I've said that I didn't think there would be criminal charges, and here's why.

Cops Lie

This is most obvious in cases of police shootings where they immediately start changing the facts to justify the shooting. (or beating an innocent man to death..)

Quote:
Police alleged that Zehm had "lunged" at the original officer with a plastic soft drink bottle.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Otto_Zehm

Cops also lie whenever they feel like it in their reports.
A heard a rumor from a State Trooper that the police reports submitted to the prosecutor state that Aubrey was being choked with her helmet chinstrap when she pulled the trigger (cough..)

Edited by Scribbles on Feb 22nd 2018 at 09:43 PM
Reply

  PNW Moto > PNW Moto > Motorcycles

Tags
motorcycle, rage, road, shooting



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Road rage mayhem! PeteN95 Motorcycles 8 Jul 6th 2017 06:47 AM
Road Rage, Canadian Style 2nd Childhood Motorcycles 4 Jun 7th 2016 09:01 PM
Road Rage Again - Crazy! Cougar Motorcycles 5 Jun 1st 2016 11:25 AM
Road Rage Tripledij Motorcycles 16 Apr 15th 2016 12:48 PM
Norpoint Shooting Range Classes Damon Mon Wai Marketplace 0 Jan 30th 2016 11:42 PM




Copyright © 2018 PNW Moto. All rights reserved.