Instagram     

Go Back   PNW Moto > PNW Moto > Motorcycles

Motorcycles For topics and discussions about all motorcycle makes and models

Like Tree8Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
May 5th 2019, 06:57 PM   #1
 Naza's Avatar
 
  Feb 2016
  Rent'n

  2002 Honda RC51, 2005 Honda RC51
Loud Pipes Saves Lives - Cager Addition

*Edit - Yeah, yeah..I typed Addition...I meant "Edition"

Soooooooo...there seems to be an increasing trend for cagers to have loud exhaust and engine breaking back-fire. What's that all about?

I saw a new Caddilac and Mercedes today that sounded like they were running Two Bros exhaust.

So now it is...loud pipes on motos to be "seen" and loud pipes on cagers to be "dickheads". Or is it loud pies on cagers to be "seen" and "dickheads".

.
.
.
Disclaimer: I run Yosh on the RC 51's.. so not loud, but ooooohhh they can wake the dead when rumbling along the redline. And the fact that they are RVT1000's
DarthVader likes this.

Edited by Naza on May 5th 2019 at 07:10 PM
May 6th 2019, 05:38 AM   #2
 
  Apr 2019
  McMinnville, OR

  2004 Suzuki SV650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naza
*Edit - Yeah, yeah..I typed Addition...I meant "Edition"

Soooooooo...there seems to be an increasing trend for cagers to have loud exhaust and engine breaking back-fire. What's that all about?

I saw a new Caddilac and Mercedes today that sounded like they were running Two Bros exhaust.

So now it is...loud pipes on motos to be "seen" and loud pipes on cagers to be "dickheads". Or is it loud pies on cagers to be "seen" and "dickheads".

.
.
.
Disclaimer: I run Yosh on the RC 51's.. so not loud, but ooooohhh they can wake the dead when rumbling along the redline. And the fact that they are RVT1000's
Definitely a thing out here in urbanized hickville. Not only that but make sure
your truck has super swampers and extends at least 2 feet higher than stock.

I'm running a Yoshi TRS...not a screamer(didn't want that) but sounds great vs stock sewing machine sound...more deep and guttural. Curious if the neighbors hear it when it's against the garage door in the morning before ^am warming up
May 6th 2019, 08:06 AM   #3
 Akdawg's Avatar
 
  Dec 2018
  Goldendale WA

  Classic Sportsters, Triumph & BSA
That's why there was a bill before WA legislature this past year to outlaw exhaust mods on any vehicle. Also included in the bill was smoke from exhaust as well...diesel duallies getting aimed at? Pretty sure it didn't make it out of committee,, but, it's on the radar, someone tired of being smoked by a straight pipe lift rig, just a matter of time.
May 6th 2019, 11:58 AM   #4
 
  Jan 2016
  Sandy, OR

  2009 VFR, 1990 GSX-R750, 1983 CB1000c
Good sounding exhaust is good sounding exhaust, doesn't matter what type of vehicle. Stupid loud exhaust is just stupid on any vehicle.
Parilla125, 307T, Naza and 2 others like this.
May 6th 2019, 03:13 PM   #5
 Tortilla Jackson's Avatar
 
  Sep 2016
  Salem, OR

  2008 CBR1000RR
I can't stand hearing an annoying exhaust on anything. Why don't they make an exhaust for Honda cars that actually sounds good?
May 12th 2019, 09:14 AM   #6
Rix
 Rix's Avatar
 
  Apr 2016
  tacoma

  2014 vstrom 650, 2005 fz1, 82 cm400, 82 450 nighthawk, 83 virago 500, 71 cb175, 70 cl100, 1984 magna
all the pops and burbles and backfiring stuff I hear is usually on a Subaru or an EVO or a 350Z or some other "tuner car"
My friends ae86 with a 1uzfe in it (my wife's old car LoL) does a bit of that. Also had launch control, which makes a shitload of noise.
That car is actually raced though
May 12th 2019, 09:20 AM   #7
Rix
 Rix's Avatar
 
  Apr 2016
  tacoma

  2014 vstrom 650, 2005 fz1, 82 cm400, 82 450 nighthawk, 83 virago 500, 71 cb175, 70 cl100, 1984 magna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortilla Jackson
I can't stand hearing an annoying exhaust on anything. Why don't they make an exhaust for Honda cars that actually sounds good?
They do. It's expensive.
May 12th 2019, 10:56 AM   #8
 Sentinel's Avatar
 
  Jun 2016
  Poor Tortured

  2019 Nada
it's just squids being squids. there are no rational arguments for loud pipes (or anything, really, except Pink Floyd music).

it's fashion/vanity. full stop.
DarthVader likes this.
May 12th 2019, 12:23 PM   #9
 chadams66's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Garden Home

  2012 Versys...'83 BMW R80 RT...Suzuki GS 450t
we're all going electric within 10 years..so this point is mostly moot...
May 12th 2019, 12:55 PM   #10
 tod701's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Stanwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akdawg
That's why there was a bill before WA legislature this past year to outlaw exhaust mods on any vehicle. Also included in the bill was smoke from exhaust as well...diesel duallies getting aimed at? Pretty sure it didn't make it out of committee,, but, it's on the radar, someone tired of being smoked by a straight pipe lift rig, just a matter of time.
I must have missed that one.

Got a bill number?
Any bill introduced in 2019 will be automatically reintroduced in 2020.
May 12th 2019, 01:54 PM   #11
 Willow's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Silverdale, WA

  848evo, DRZ400SM, XR100
Personally, I like good sounding exhaust on V8 engines. Don't really like the exhausts on all the Fast and Furious wanta beeeeeez.......
May 13th 2019, 05:51 AM   #12
 Akdawg's Avatar
 
  Dec 2018
  Goldendale WA

  Classic Sportsters, Triumph & BSA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tod701
I must have missed that one.

Got a bill number?
Any bill introduced in 2019 will be automatically reintroduced in 2020.
I'll search for it later....full project bucket today. Reintroduction also includes lane Sharing...

Edited by Akdawg on May 13th 2019 at 06:37 AM
May 13th 2019, 07:22 AM   #13
 tod701's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Stanwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akdawg
I'll search for it later....full project bucket today. Reintroduction also includes lane Sharing...
Unfortunately the lane sharing legislation was amended into freeway left shoulder riding, with no lane sharing or filtering to the front at intersections.
May 13th 2019, 07:35 AM   #14
 Akdawg's Avatar
 
  Dec 2018
  Goldendale WA

  Classic Sportsters, Triumph & BSA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tod701
Unfortunately the lane sharing legislation was amended into freeway left shoulder riding, with no lane sharing or filtering to the front at intersections.
SB 5015 Vehicle Exhaust Modification, no exhaust mods allowed on vehicles built after 1971 with some exceptions for off road vehicles, SB 5254 Lane sharing (what I've read on Legislature web site is that language was changed to be "acceptable" ?), HB1058 Motorcycle Parking. HB1014 Mandatory Motorcycle Insurance has passed, I'm trying to find out when exactly it takes effect, I'll post here soon as I know.
May 13th 2019, 08:49 AM   #15
 tod701's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Stanwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akdawg
SB 5015 Vehicle Exhaust Modification, no exhaust mods allowed on vehicles built after 1971 with some exceptions for off road vehicles.
Does not prohibit modifications that don't make the vehicle louder.
Senator McCoy introduced this bill as a favor to the Marysville prosecutor and didn't get much support.

http://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/bienni...Bills/5015.pdf


Quote:
Originally Posted by Akdawg
HB1058 Motorcycle Parking.
Passed the House will zero opposition only to have Senate Democrat leadership refuse to allow the Senate to vote on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akdawg
HB1014 Mandatory Motorcycle Insurance has passed, I'm trying to find out when exactly it takes effect, I'll post here soon as I know.
No emergency clause so it might be in July, not sure either.
Reply

  PNW Moto > PNW Moto > Motorcycles

Tags
addition, cager, lives, loud, pipes, saves



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cager for 6 weeks!!! KRUKOV Bellingham 3 Apr 18th 2017 02:25 PM
Rant: Super Asshat Cager alienbogey Motorcycles 10 Aug 1st 2016 03:51 PM
Cager's don't know how to drive SlimBeatty Portland 20 May 12th 2016 10:03 PM
Loud pop, white smoke and burned rubber smell Chrishil54 Mechanical and Technical 12 Apr 12th 2016 04:23 PM
exhaust is super loud.... LeviD Mechanical and Technical 12 Apr 3rd 2016 09:21 AM




Copyright © 2019 PNW Moto. All rights reserved.