Instagram     

Go Back   PNW Moto > PNW Moto > Motorcycles

Motorcycles For topics and discussions about all motorcycle makes and models

Like Tree68Likes
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Nov 5th 2019, 09:13 AM   #61
 curve addict's Avatar
 
  Apr 2016
  Des Moines, WA

  ...1987 Yamaha FZR1000...
Regarding The RC166; cool, plain and simple.

A production model of that bike would have been incredibly expensive. Heck, just the tooling required to build new crankshafts and connecting rods, for general production, would have been really expensive. If memory serves me, the race-bike crankshafts were assembled from 13 separate pieces. The connecting rods were slipped onto the shaft components as the crankshaft was pressed together. If the crankshaft was out of line, anywhere, by more than a couple ten-thousandths, the entire assembly would disintegrate shortly after startup.

And so on, and so on. I still think that it's a cool bike.

I would love to own/ride one of the new Kawasakis, but my financial situation would have to improve dramatically before I could justify the purchase, even to myself.
Parilla125 and MV Man like this.
Nov 5th 2019, 10:00 AM   #62
 FeralRdr's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  The Rider's Seat

I shall quote Fijiman, as I deem it to be appropriate.

Quote:
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.
It's amazing the technology that they can now utilize to make a 250 even more powerful.
Nov 6th 2019, 01:39 PM   #63
 PeteN95's Avatar
Moderator
 
  Jan 2016
  Muklilteo, WA

  Suzuki DL1000, Honda XR650R, KTM 250 XC-W
That little 250 is pretty cool, but I am waiting for the 750 V12!
Parilla125, 307T and MV Man like this.
Nov 6th 2019, 05:37 PM   #64
 Parilla125's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  SeaTac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteN95
That little 250 is pretty cool, but I am waiting for the 750 V12!
2 stroke! 800 hp!!!
MV Man likes this.
Nov 13th 2019, 11:36 AM   #65
 
  Jul 2016
  tigard

  2013 Ninja 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV Man
The racism of the Democrat party is not ancient history- as I previously pointed out, the Democrat's latest presidential candidate, went on national television to declare a KKK Exalted Cyclops as her "friend and mentor". And that particular KKK Exalted Cyclops was being voted back into office by Democrats, until he recently died in office of old age, at 92.
I usually avoid political discussions, but did a little research on MV Man's claim....

Before his death, in 2010, Byrd was the longest-serving senator in the country's history. Throughout his career he made many attempts to amend for drawing in 150 members to the Klan, and for attaining the position of "Exalted Cyclops."
Those attempts led the National Associated for the Advancement of Colored People to issue a statement in praise of Byrd upon his death, and for Clinton, when she was secretary of state at the time, to comment on his passing. She started the video commemoration by saying, "Today our country has lost a true American original, my friend and mentor Robert C. Byrd." Clinton also said that Byrd had been "the heart" of the U.S. Senate.

So I think the claim made by MV Man is a twisted fact. As for the Democratic party being racist, how do you explain Obama getting the nomination and re-elected. I get tired of people posting talking points that look plausible, but don't hold water.
chadams66 likes this.
Nov 13th 2019, 02:08 PM   #66
 chadams66's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Garden Home

  2012 Versys...'83 BMW R80 RT...Suzuki GS 450t
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxmike
I usually avoid political discussions, but did a little research on MV Man's claim....
So I think the claim made by MV Man is a twisted fact. As for the Democratic party being racist, how do you explain Obama getting the nomination and re-elected. I get tired of people posting talking points that look plausible, but don't hold water.
it surely doesn't take a lot research to check his claims...Obama being elected president by the Dems was an obvious cover up of their evil racist ideology...how anyone missed that I'll never understand...the worst part of this is the poor minorities are obviously so under educated they can't figure out who works for them or against them...that of course plays right into the racist ideas that these people are obviously STUPID..so stupid they can't see how racist the Dems are...you hear this from white guys in the GOP all of the time..so it must be true...
want to know something funny? Martin Luther King and all of his co-horts were Republican...yup because of those Dixiecrats we've heard of recently...sometime after the Civil Rights Act all black leaders became Democrats...what happened? https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswi...y-in-the-1960s
Attached Thumbnails
Kawi 250 Four Cylinder-hqdefault.jpg  

Edited by chadams66 on Nov 13th 2019 at 02:12 PM
Nov 13th 2019, 03:40 PM   #67
 Tripledij's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Custer WA

  Aprilia Tuono 1100
Sunny2059 likes this.
Nov 13th 2019, 04:32 PM   #68
 chadams66's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Garden Home

  2012 Versys...'83 BMW R80 RT...Suzuki GS 450t
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV Man
What would make you think that electing Barack Hussein somehow absolves the Democrat party of it's racism?
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..you' re a funny guy...tell me are you serious? or just being willfully ignorant? contrarian? ????? you couldn't actually be that dumb..well maybe on purpose? hint: Barry Goldwater...

just out of curiosity what absolves the south of their racism? or anyone who would wave that flag? whatcha got?

Edited by chadams66 on Nov 13th 2019 at 04:38 PM
Nov 13th 2019, 04:36 PM   #69
 unicykle's Avatar
 
  Sep 2017
  milwaukie oregon

  gsxr600 gsxr750 gsxr1000 i like gsxrs
Since this went all sideways lets get into how detrimental religion is to society, oh wait this is a motorcycle forum where we all have something in common.
Nov 13th 2019, 08:11 PM   #70
 Transported's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Portland

  2006 FZ1, 1999 R1
^^^That’s the beauty of this forum: we all have our love of two wheelers in common. So we give one another the benefit of the doubt and do not demonize or character assassinate. We assume those in disagreement have fallacies of logic or don’t have sufficient facts and may be persuaded to see things differently or at least understand the other viewpoint. This is relatively rare. Enjoy it.
Nov 13th 2019, 11:17 PM   #71
 Parilla125's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  SeaTac

So that 4 cylinder 250 will go even faster because the earth is flat?!?! Weeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!
Oregon Motorcycle and MV Man like this.
Nov 14th 2019, 07:36 AM   #72
 unicykle's Avatar
 
  Sep 2017
  milwaukie oregon

  gsxr600 gsxr750 gsxr1000 i like gsxrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV Man
So can ANY liberal tell me why they think that electing Barack Hussein somehow absolves the Democrat party of it's racism?
I personly think neither side is right all the time and they both have racists in their ranks, i think it was a big step to vote in a black president but his terms were bogged down racists blocking him at every turn. I think he was one of the few presidents that actually cared about the American people. In a sence your both rong.

So how about that kawi, if it actualy has close to 60hp it should shake up the lightweight catagory.

Edited by unicykle on Nov 14th 2019 at 08:04 AM
Nov 14th 2019, 09:04 AM   #73
 VeritasImageryNW's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Allyn, WA

  '06 HD Street Bob, '85 Yamaha FJ600, '99 Honda CBR600f4
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicykle
I personly think neither side is right all the time and they both have racists in their ranks, i think it was a big step to vote in a black president but his terms were bogged down racists blocking him at every turn. I think he was one of the few presidents that actually cared about the American people. In a sence your both rong.
Now that's funny. He never cared about the US, or it's people. And during his entire time in office anyone that disagreed with any of his policies was deemed racist, because naturally that's the only possible reason anyone might disagree with the Almighty Obama. I disagree with most liberal policies, and it doesn't matter if it is uttered by a black man, or a white woman, but the left decided that race or sex was the ONLY determining factor. During Obama's run as president race relations plummeted, not because racism towards blacks increased, but because anytime anything happened the left screamed "RACISM". Anytime a white person said, "Wait, I simply disagree with you, I'm not racist", they were told that they just "were in denial of their racism." The left made everything about race, or gender, no matter what. And if you disagreed, you were called names.
MV Man likes this.
Nov 14th 2019, 09:42 AM   #74
 unicykle's Avatar
 
  Sep 2017
  milwaukie oregon

  gsxr600 gsxr750 gsxr1000 i like gsxrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeritasImageryNW
Now that's funny. He never cared about the US, or it's people. And during his entire time in office anyone that disagreed with any of his policies was deemed racist, because naturally that's the only possible reason anyone might disagree with the Almighty Obama. I disagree with most liberal policies, and it doesn't matter if it is uttered by a black man, or a white woman, but the left decided that race or sex was the ONLY determining factor. During Obama's run as president race relations plummeted, not because racism towards blacks increased, but because anytime anything happened the left screamed "RACISM". Anytime a white person said, "Wait, I simply disagree with you, I'm not racist", they were told that they just "were in denial of their racism." The left made everything about race, or gender, no matter what. And if you disagreed, you were called names.
Got any thing supporting your claims he didnt care for the us or its people? Trying to get some reasonable healthcare for the American people isn’t caring about them?I’ve been buried in our Broken for profit medical system for the last 6 years of my father’s life before he died and the last three years of my life And it’s obvious our current medical system is about treating not curing and trying to steal a lifetimes accumulation of wealth before death.
Do you think the racist sexist blowhard Sociopath thats in office right now cares about the American people? Called names... uhh whats trump do anytime somebody disagrees with him?
Oregon Motorcycle likes this.

Edited by unicykle on Nov 14th 2019 at 09:51 AM
Nov 14th 2019, 10:06 AM   #75
 curve addict's Avatar
 
  Apr 2016
  Des Moines, WA

  ...1987 Yamaha FZR1000...
You know, this political crap, this last word, this I'm right, your wrong shit might be alright in the lounge section; better yet in a dedicated section marked "Political arguments, Rants, and Such".

I'm sick and tired of seeing it, here.

If more than one person, here, insists on having the last word, this turdburger of a thread will never go away. Can anyone else recognize that it smells bad and leaves a shitty taste in one's mouth?
Closed Thread

  PNW Moto > PNW Moto > Motorcycles

Tags
250, cylinder, kawi



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: Billet aluminum adjustable levers and master cylinder Riki5156 Classifieds 0 Sep 19th 2019 10:47 PM
Kawi Z900 Syringe Motorcycles 3 May 31st 2019 09:34 PM
Front brake master cylinder cgt1229 Mechanical and Technical 11 Apr 29th 2018 12:38 PM
A clear cylinder head? Hmm... JohnnyM Mechanical and Technical 9 Sep 2nd 2016 05:55 PM
Want To Buy: Need some 06/07 ZX-10 Kawi parts ZXtasy Want To Buy 6 Jul 19th 2016 10:53 AM




Copyright © 2020 PNW Moto. All rights reserved.