Instagram     

Go Back   PNW Moto > PNW Moto > Motorcycles

Motorcycles For topics and discussions about all motorcycle makes and models

Like Tree57Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Feb 10th 2020, 07:26 AM   #1
 tod701's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Stanwood

Exclamation HB2515 - Mandating electric vehicles

Representative Nicole Macri of Seattle has introduced House Bill HB2515.

This bill would ban the registration and licensing any new vehicles, including motorcycles and offroad vehicles that are not electric powered. This would go into effect 2030.

https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?B...itiative=false

If you donít like how it would impact our sport/lifestyle, please follow the link, click on the comment box and let both your House of Representative members know what you think.
Feb 10th 2020, 08:28 AM   #2
 
  Apr 2016
  WA

Interesting
Feb 10th 2020, 09:03 AM   #3
 Sentinel's Avatar
 
  Jun 2016
  Poor Tortured

  2019 Nada
I think its a great idea. Cars ruin everything they get near. If bikes have to go to get rid of cars...ok.
craiger likes this.
Feb 10th 2020, 10:14 AM   #4
 Cougar's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Richland

  Yamaha FZ1, KTM Super Duke GT, Yamaha FJR, Yamaha XS650
Quote:
Originally Posted by tod701
Representative Nicole Macri of Seattle has introduced House Bill HB2515.

This bill would ban the registration and licensing any new vehicles, including motorcycles and offroad vehicles that are not electric powered. This would go into effect 2030.

https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?B...itiative=false

If you donít like how it would impact our sport/lifestyle, please follow the link, click on the comment box and let both your House of Representative members know what you think.
Let's see, we get rid of the dams to save the salmon. We get rid of nuke plants because they're dangerous. We get rid of the coal plants (we SHOULD!) We have only electric vehicles. Plug them into...what?
Feb 10th 2020, 10:20 AM   #5
 Texasl's Avatar
Moderator
 
  Jan 2016
  Northeast Olalla

  07 Guzzi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tod701
Representative Nicole Macri of Seattle has introduced House Bill HB2515.



This bill would ban the registration and licensing any new vehicles, including motorcycles and offroad vehicles that are not electric powered. This would go into effect 2030.



https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?B...itiative=false



If you donít like how it would impact our sport/lifestyle, please follow the link, click on the comment box and let both your House of Representative members know what you think.
Before everyone gets all twitterpated this bill looks to be one of those "hero" bills that are dropped to show the base how hard a rep is working so that they can be reelected to "keep up the good fight.". I'm not even concerned enough to go to Olympia today.

Sent via moto z3
Feb 10th 2020, 11:33 AM   #7
 chadams66's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Garden Home

  2012 Versys...'83 BMW R80 RT...Suzuki GS 450t
everyone will have an electric car or motorcycle by then anyway..big whoop de doo...chances are you won't be able to buy a new ICE car or bike because they won't even be manufacturing them by then...I'm pretty sure they'll carve out an exception for "collectors"..but it will be awfully hard to find gas to put in them..and the gas will cost a fortune...the future is coming and you can't stop it...
pull up google maps and type in charging stations...there are now enough charging stations to drive across country...Kia is doing that in their new electric car as a promotion...you can go on youtube and see people traveling long distances in their electric cars...I checked and I could ride an electric bike to Kamiah on the May trip..with plenty of charging stations along the way...Kamiah doesn't have one..yet..but there's one in Grangeville...
the world of transportation is changing right before your eyes..if you look...tilting against windmills will get you and Don Quixote nowhere fast...

Edited by chadams66 on Feb 10th 2020 at 11:46 AM
Feb 10th 2020, 11:50 AM   #8
 Transported's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Portland

  1999 R1
Yep. Now that we know every molecule of carbon is going to jeopardize our future, the faster we transition to electric the better. 2030 is about 30 years too late. But the sooner the better.
stripler likes this.
Feb 10th 2020, 12:44 PM   #9
 Cougar's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Richland

  Yamaha FZ1, KTM Super Duke GT, Yamaha FJR, Yamaha XS650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transported
Yep. Now that we know every molecule of carbon is going to jeopardize our future, the faster we transition to electric the better. 2030 is about 30 years too late. But the sooner the better.
I agree but we need a lot more power plants to generate all of the juice. I'm hoping that the small modular reactors are successful.
Flyboymedic likes this.
Feb 10th 2020, 12:57 PM   #10
 tod701's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Stanwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar
I agree but we need a lot more power plants to generate all of the juice. I'm hoping that the small modular reactors are successful.
Coal fired generating plants.
Coal must be better for the environment than gas I guess.
Or maybe it is better because the exhaust comes out out-of-town so the electric car driver can still believe they are saving the environment.
Dain Bramage likes this.
Feb 10th 2020, 01:07 PM   #11
 jared p's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  here

  there
Bill needs to get TerraPower operational sooner than later. Nuclear is how we need to power today and tomorrow.
Flyboymedic and stripler like this.
Feb 10th 2020, 01:13 PM   #12
 tod701's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Stanwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadams66
everyone will have an electric car or motorcycle by then anyway..big whoop de doo...chances are you won't be able to buy a new ICE car or bike because they won't even be manufacturing them by then...I'm pretty sure they'll carve out an exception for "collectors"..but it will be awfully hard to find gas to put in them..and the gas will cost a fortune...the future is coming and you can't stop it...
pull up google maps and type in charging stations...there are now enough charging stations to drive across country...Kia is doing that in their new electric car as a promotion...you can go on youtube and see people traveling long distances in their electric cars...I checked and I could ride an electric bike to Kamiah on the May trip..with plenty of charging stations along the way...Kamiah doesn't have one..yet..but there's one in Grangeville...
the world of transportation is changing right before your eyes..if you look...tilting against windmills will get you and Don Quixote nowhere fast...
Maybe some day charging will be easy and everywhere.
No charging stations within 10 miles of my house.
I am not going to hold my breath waiting for charging stations to be installed at all the ORV trailheads either.

Even when the stations exist, often access is not available.
When passing through the big city I have had to improvise.
Attached Thumbnails
HB2515 - Mandating electric vehicles-dsc00555.jpg  
Feb 10th 2020, 01:27 PM   #13
 307T's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Washington County

  H-D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transported
Yep. Now that we know every molecule of carbon is going to jeopardize our future, the faster we transition to electric the better. 2030 is about 30 years too late. But the sooner the better.
Poop. Yes I agree that things pass and technology booms but I look in the mirror and see a man who is following in the footsteps of the cowboy who lamented the coming of the automobile. His main conveyance for travel, and likely enjoyment too, was being rapidly phased out. Maybe I'm not pure Luddite but I like my motorcycle and my cars.

Edited by 307T on Feb 10th 2020 at 03:05 PM
Feb 10th 2020, 02:09 PM   #14
 Transported's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Portland

  1999 R1
^^^Well, it is a good thing old guys like us are checking out and leaving the world to young people who are up to the enormous challenges we have created for them then.

I saw the photos from the Motorcycle Show you doted over. They are the archaic machinery from the days when I was a teen. I had a 1973 Suzuki TS 185 that looked a lot like that Bultaco. I had a 1975 Suzuki TS 250 and an RM 125. Also a Hodaka 125 and Honda 125 all of that era. Even a late ‘70s Maico 250.

I look at those pictures now as if from a dream. Like how I feel when I look at pictures of covered wagons and Civil War artifacts.

Could we have been that technologically crude?
Feb 10th 2020, 02:34 PM   #15
 chadams66's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Garden Home

  2012 Versys...'83 BMW R80 RT...Suzuki GS 450t
if you don't mind doing some reading..

https://www.rff.org/publications/rep...-outlook-2019/
Reply

  PNW Moto > PNW Moto > Motorcycles

Tags
electric, hb2515, mandating, vehicles



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fee on electric motorcycles liberpolly Motorcycles 89 Jun 22nd 2019 09:57 AM
Electric Harley available this August liberpolly Motorcycles 346 Apr 12th 2019 08:43 PM
Electric Dirt Bike Parilla125 Motorcycles 9 Mar 24th 2019 04:12 AM
ORS 811.440 When motor vehicles may operate on bicycle lane SlimBeatty Portland 6 Feb 22nd 2017 03:54 PM
Electric Scooters Ralgha Motorcycles 10 Nov 27th 2016 05:04 AM




Copyright © 2020 PNW Moto. All rights reserved.