Instagram     

Go Back   PNW Moto > PNW Moto > Motorcycles

Motorcycles For topics and discussions about all motorcycle makes and models

Like Tree32Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Jul 19th 2017, 08:58 PM   #16
 
  Jan 2016
  Woodinville

What I've noticed is the price of used hd's on Craigslist has really come down over the last few years, 10 years ago you could not touch a decent used bike for under 10k but look now and you can find a pretty decent used bike between 6-8 ish. Over the years I've owned 5 or 6 hd's won't own another as everyone knows they are just a bike that doesn't do anything well, drag hard parts way to soon, and face it the throttle might just as well be labeled volume control. The only hd that was kinda fun was a 92 FXRs I had, it actually had shocks on the rear and not that Ill handling, wallowing pos softail...
bnalz likes this.

Edited by Jkester92 on Jul 21st 2017 at 07:27 PM
Jul 19th 2017, 10:27 PM   #17
 kcVIP's Avatar
 
  Jun 2017
  Vancouver, WA

  WR250R, SSR125TR
I'm all about that long travel suspension. HD doesn't make anything I want between my legs.
Jul 20th 2017, 07:12 AM   #18
 FeralRdr's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Adjacent to the Hobbit Garage

RIP Rider.
albatrosscafe likes this.
Jul 20th 2017, 07:35 AM   #19
 VeritasImageryNW's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Allyn, WA

  '06 HD Street Bob, '85 Yamaha FJ600, '99 Honda CBR600f4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPD323
My thoughts exactly. I will never own one. Hate the demographic. Plus who wants an overweight, poor handling, lousy brakes and dated style? Not me!
According to US sales, the majority of American riders do. Of street bikes 600cc and up, Harley owns 52% of the market. Of street bikes of all sizes, Harley owns 29% of the market, with Honda in 2nd at 19%.

So, even with Harley's sales down in the US, they still outsell everyone else, by a fair margin.
Jul 20th 2017, 09:30 AM   #20
 SilvieFox's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  welches, Oregon

  2008 Kawasaki Versys (Sylvester), 1972 Suzuki RV90 (vanvan), 1981 Honda TwinStar (Bobber),yamaha 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralRdr
RIP Rider.

did you not read the post at all?
Jul 20th 2017, 11:58 AM   #21
 chadams66's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Garden Home

  2012 Versys...'83 BMW R80 RT...Suzuki GS 450t
when the do-rag sales drop you know then end isn't far off...

Harley-Davidson on a bumpy ride with motorcycle-averse millennials - Chicago Tribune
Jul 20th 2017, 01:00 PM   #22
 HalcyonSon's Avatar
 
  Apr 2016
  Renton

Sooner or later, HD will send someone out to a Backfire style event and realize that Groms and ancient 75-200 cc Hondas are all the rage.
Jul 20th 2017, 04:49 PM   #23
 Spydrmon's Avatar
 
  Mar 2016
  Bothell

In for the Grom Cruiser model reveal.
Jul 20th 2017, 08:08 PM   #24
 
  Jun 2016
  Portland area

I'd consider something like the sc3.

Sent via SM-G930V
Jul 20th 2017, 09:44 PM   #25
 Thumperpilot's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Rome

  SV650S, CRF450R, and others
Harley

I'd thought this was a thread about another Harley that hit the ground. But no.
I was going to say, that's where I tend to find them too!
Jul 21st 2017, 08:24 AM   #26
 FeralRdr's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Adjacent to the Hobbit Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvieFox

did you not read the post at all?


Oh and I can't forget the beer too.

SilvieFox likes this.
Jul 21st 2017, 04:13 PM   #27
 
  Jan 2016
  Grants Pass Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkester92
What I've noticed is the price of used hd's on Craigslist has really come down over the last few years, 10 years ago you could not touch a decent used bike for under 10k but look now and you can find a pretty decent used bike between 6-8 ish. Over the years I've owned 5 or 6 hd's won't own another as everyone knows they are just a bike that don't do anything well, drag hard parts way to soon, and face it the throttle might just as well be labeled volume control. The only hd that was kinda fun was a 92 FXRs I had, it actually had shocks on the rear and not that I'll handling, wallowing pos softail...
"Relabel the throttle as Volume Control"
Gotta be one of the best things I've ever heard:boun ce:
Hachi likes this.
Jul 21st 2017, 06:02 PM   #28
 ShootPDX's Avatar
 
  May 2016
  Happy Valley area (Clackamas)

  SV650S Silver, HD Sportster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkester92
Over the years I've owned 5 or 6 hd's won't own another as everyone knows they are just a bike that don't do anything well, drag hard parts way to soon, and face it the throttle might just as well be labeled volume control. The only hd that was kinda fun was a 92 FXRs I had, it actually had shocks on the rear and not that I'll handling, wallowing pos softail...
I get on the Sportster once or twice a week because if I go too long I forget that it's not actually a motorcycle and I've accidentally ground down the bottom of the primary to the point where I have to leak-check the thing periodically. It has soft saddlebags so it does work for picking up a small amount of provisions at the local grocery. It's fun to ride between stop lights & in a straight line...but it's beyond miserable in the twists/heat/traffic/etc.

I don't drink...and...I'm under 75 years of age...so the draw of a bike that you just park in front of a bar just doesn't do it for me. When/if I get old enough where motorcycling actually morphs into sightseeing...then...maybe the platform will make more sense.
Jul 22nd 2017, 08:53 AM   #29
 VeritasImageryNW's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Allyn, WA

  '06 HD Street Bob, '85 Yamaha FJ600, '99 Honda CBR600f4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootPDX
I get on the Sportster once or twice a week because if I go too long I forget that it's not actually a motorcycle and I've accidentally ground down the bottom of the primary to the point where I have to leak-check the thing periodically. It has soft saddlebags so it does work for picking up a small amount of provisions at the local grocery. It's fun to ride between stop lights & in a straight line...but it's beyond miserable in the twists/heat/traffic/etc.

I don't drink...and...I'm under 75 years of age...so the draw of a bike that you just park in front of a bar just doesn't do it for me. When/if I get old enough where motorcycling actually morphs into sightseeing...then...maybe the platform will make more sense.
It's funny because I have become more the opposite. Having just gotten back into sport bike ownership I find that the Harley is just more enjoyable for everyday riding. I love the CBR, and it feels great to ride it, but I no longer need the adrenaline rush to enjoy the road. As a matter of fact I have found that not having that rush actually makes for a more relaxing ride. The CBR is always kind of pushing to go faster here, go a little faster there, "come on, we can take this corner quicker, can't we?" and with that always comes the worry about whether there will be a cop coming over the next rise, or around the next corner. The Harley, on the other hand, is a lot more laid back. it more of a "let's go out and rumble around, enjoy the scenery, the sights and smells". And with that comes a relaxed sense that I'm not constantly having to worry about law enforcement "catching me".

And that, that is the beauty of having multiple motorcycles. You pick the one to ride based upon the mood you're in.
Parilla125 and mrfz1 like this.
Jul 22nd 2017, 09:33 AM   #30
 SilvieFox's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  welches, Oregon

  2008 Kawasaki Versys (Sylvester), 1972 Suzuki RV90 (vanvan), 1981 Honda TwinStar (Bobber),yamaha 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeritasImageryNW
It's funny because I have become more the opposite. Having just gotten back into sport bike ownership I find that the Harley is just more enjoyable for everyday riding. I love the CBR, and it feels great to ride it, but I no longer need the adrenaline rush to enjoy the road. As a matter of fact I have found that not having that rush actually makes for a more relaxing ride. The CBR is always kind of pushing to go faster here, go a little faster there, "come on, we can take this corner quicker, can't we?" and with that always comes the worry about whether there will be a cop coming over the next rise, or around the next corner. The Harley, on the other hand, is a lot more laid back. it more of a "let's go out and rumble around, enjoy the scenery, the sights and smells". And with that comes a relaxed sense that I'm not constantly having to worry about law enforcement "catching me".

And that, that is the beauty of having multiple motorcycles. You pick the one to ride based upon the mood you're in.
funny i know what you mean but i get the same thing out of my shadow VS getting a harley . its funny to go around a turn at only about 20-30mph and dragging the peg all the way thru, were when i get on my versys(old mans ninja) i look down and im doing 2x the speed limit
Reply

  PNW Moto > PNW Moto > Motorcycles

Tags
harley



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bought a new bike, and it's a Harley. CaptainAwesome Motorcycles 83 Dec 12th 2016 03:37 PM
Harley shop? liberpolly Seattle 5 May 8th 2016 05:26 AM
Move over BMW-GS! A Harley could be your next ADV bike! Thumperpilot Adventure Riding 12 Apr 3rd 2016 05:52 AM




Copyright © 2017 PNW Moto. All rights reserved.