Instagram     

Go Back   PNW Moto > PNW Moto > Motorcycles

Motorcycles For topics and discussions about all motorcycle makes and models

Like Tree42Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Jun 19th 2019, 02:40 PM   #76
 
  Mar 2016
  Seattle

  '14 KTM Duke 690, '18 BMW R12RS, '05 BMW R12ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeritasImageryNW
Standard leftist move. Can't win an argument with facts, so revert to personal attacks. Want to know why Trump won? This is why. Instead of debating with facts and trying to win the competition over, the Dems (and their media lap dogs) chose to call everyone that disagrees with them names. Not only do you not win over the competition, you lose some that might support you because now you look like a bully and a jerk.
Or, more probably, I just hit way, WAY too close to home.

What names did I call you?

Before you accuse anyone of personal attacks, you should read your own posts more carefully. For example, your insult to me and my coworkers in your post #50 in this thread:

The government just wants to make you believe they give a damn while they put their hands in your pockets.

You want to insult me and my chosen profession, then write (sic) back at ya, slick. Just don't bitch about the comebacks, ok?

You DO see the insult within your own post, right?

Edited by FireDave on Jun 19th 2019 at 04:57 PM
Jun 19th 2019, 04:55 PM   #77
 Willow's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Silverdale, WA

  848evo, DRZ400SM, XR100
1shinysideup likes this.
Jun 19th 2019, 06:04 PM   #78
 Chrishil54's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Kirkland

  2009 V-Star 1100 Custom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel
...either icing on the cupcake or else poop on your shoe...
There are enough strange people out there that you'd probably find at least one that would take if off the shoe and put it on their cupcakes.
Jun 19th 2019, 11:56 PM   #79
 liberpolly's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Seattle

  Ducati Diavel, Aprilia Scarabeo
Can we please keep this relatively motorcylish thread Trump-free?
PeteN95 likes this.
Jun 20th 2019, 09:04 AM   #80
 1shinysideup's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Seattle

  600RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow
haven't seen that one, funny, this is my go to



oh and fee's for electric bikes, said it before, if you ride on public roads you have to register the bike and put in your share to pay for the road.
Willow likes this.
Jun 20th 2019, 11:23 AM   #81
 Willow's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Silverdale, WA

  848evo, DRZ400SM, XR100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shinysideup
oh and fee's for electric bikes, said it before, if you ride on public roads you have to register the bike and put in your share to pay for the road.
Yep, that pretty much sums it up.......
Jun 20th 2019, 12:25 PM   #82
 liberpolly's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Seattle

  Ducati Diavel, Aprilia Scarabeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shinysideup
oh and fee's for electric bikes, said it before, if you ride on public roads you have to register the bike and put in your share to pay for the road.
Define "your share".
Jun 20th 2019, 07:05 PM   #83
 MotoDan's Avatar
 
  Apr 2016
  Olympia

  2014 KTM 690 / BMW R1150 GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transported
Fees are the opposite of incentive. But if the money for infrastructure is needed, it makes sense some of it comes in user fees. It would be smarter to stop subsidizing the fossil fuel industry and apply those billions to the renewable industry, as far as federal dollars.

And of course Dems are supporting taxes to pay for shit. They realize not everything needed can be paid for through deficit spending (an oxymoron) or the free market.
Obama was the king of deficit spending doubled the national debt..
Jun 20th 2019, 09:46 PM   #84
 Transported's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Portland

  2006 FZ1, 1999 R1
^^^ Seriously, you are that ignorant about economics that you fail to understand that the only way to pull the USA and world out of the Great Bush/Cheney Recession was to put federal money into the economy to replace the money that was lost by rich fucks who used pension funds and home equity as their chips to play in the global Wall Street casino.

Private industry was unable (or willing) to risk their money. In fact, looking out for themselves, they were making things worse by cutting their employees, causing a vicious cycle that was finally slowed and then reversed by Obama’s “priming the pump,” with a little less than a trillion-dollar incentive package.

What is really insane is causing deficit spending of a trillion a year in order to give the rich and huge corporations tax breaks in a peaking economy.

It seems Trump knows as little about economics as you do.
PeteN95 and MotoDan like this.
Jun 21st 2019, 09:03 AM   #85
 MotoDan's Avatar
 
  Apr 2016
  Olympia

  2014 KTM 690 / BMW R1150 GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transported
^^^ Seriously, you are that ignorant about economics that you fail to understand that the only way to pull the USA and world out of the Great Bush/Cheney Recession was to put federal money into the economy to replace the money that was lost by rich fucks who used pension funds and home equity as their chips to play in the global Wall Street casino.

Private industry was unable (or willing) to risk their money. In fact, looking out for themselves, they were making things worse by cutting their employees, causing a vicious cycle that was finally slowed and then reversed by Obama’s “priming the pump,” with a little less than a trillion-dollar incentive package.

What is really insane is causing deficit spending of a trillion a year in order to give the rich and huge corporations tax breaks in a peaking economy.

It seems Trump knows as little about economics as you do.
Dude nobody is more ignorant then you.. Plus stupid as fuck... Just admit you have no clue..
Jun 21st 2019, 09:26 AM   #86
 Texasl's Avatar
Moderator
 
  Jan 2016
  Northeast Olalla

  07 Guzzi
Smile Warning!

Play nicely, stay on original topic (or at least in the same zip code), and can the personal attacks, or I will kill this thread.

First and last warning, children.
Jun 21st 2019, 10:42 AM   #87
 liberpolly's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Seattle

  Ducati Diavel, Aprilia Scarabeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transported
Obama’s “priming the pump,” with a little less than a trillion-dollar incentive package.
What about other 9 Trillion of 10 Trillion federal debt accrued under Obama?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transported
What is really insane is causing deficit spending of a trillion a year in order to give the rich and huge corporations tax breaks in a peaking economy.
Tax revenues are up despite the tax breaks: https://www.investors.com/politics/e...nues-deficits/

We have a spending problem, not a tax breaks problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transported
It seems Trump knows as little about economics as you do.
people in glass houses...
Jun 21st 2019, 03:06 PM   #88
 
  Mar 2016
  Seattle

  '14 KTM Duke 690, '18 BMW R12RS, '05 BMW R12ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberpolly
What about other 9 Trillion of 10 Trillion federal debt accrued under Obama?



Tax revenues are up despite the tax breaks: https://www.investors.com/politics/e...nues-deficits/

We have a spending problem, not a tax breaks problem.

people in glass houses...
The only thing you got right is the glass houses comment, except you appear to have lost your mirror.

I know a lot about economics. Define the "spending problem" is a way that shows you understand the impacts of taxes, tax breaks and the macro-impact on our economy when gov't shrinks or expands at a rate greater than the economy in general.

Tax revenues are up? Of what time-frame do you speak?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-tax...18-11550084426

Even your hopelessly business-conservative-biased outlet as linked above refutes your argument. Tax revenues are up? Not once you count the corporate taxes. The paltry .5% increase that doesn't even come close to accurate, once you count the FALL in revenues for the 1st qtr of 2019.

Nevermind that dipshit's administration has achieved the unique: Growing the deficit while unemployment drops and the economy accelerated during 2018. That's never been done for an entire fiscal year. Why did it occur? Because he, and his primary economic policy wonk, Mnuchin, are completely fucking clueless and don't listen to the experts.

Neither link can come to declare that dipshit's tax breaks were overall beneficial, but rather get lost in congratulatory weeds of whether individual income revenues are up or down, compared to corporate taxes. Add their warped logic that lower tax revenues aren't specifically because of dipshit's cuts . . . it's hard to pin down exactly why these articles were even written.
Jun 21st 2019, 04:10 PM   #89
 liberpolly's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Seattle

  Ducati Diavel, Aprilia Scarabeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDave
I know a lot about economics.
Doesn't seem so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDave
Tax revenues are up? Of what time-frame do you speak?
The current one:



Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDave
Even your hopelessly business-conservative-biased outlet as linked above refutes your argument. Tax revenues are up? Not once you count the corporate taxes. The paltry .5% increase that doesn't even come close to accurate, once you count the FALL in revenues for the 1st qtr of 2019.
See above. Feel free to demonstrate your knowledge of economics and admit being wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDave
Nevermind that dipshit's administration has achieved the unique: Growing the deficit while unemployment drops and the economy accelerated during 2018. That's never been done for an entire fiscal year. Why did it occur? Because he, and his primary economic policy wonk, Mnuchin, are completely fucking clueless and don't listen to the experts.

Neither link can come to declare that dipshit's tax breaks were overall beneficial, but rather get lost in congratulatory weeds of whether individual income revenues are up or down, compared to corporate taxes. Add their warped logic that lower tax revenues aren't specifically because of dipshit's cuts . . . it's hard to pin down exactly why these articles were even written.
Then demonstrate your knowledge of economy and explain this:



The *reason* economy accelerated and unemployed shrunk was the tax cuts, as many experts predicted.

The main reason Trump won was that the people got tired of being condescended on by their intellectual inferiors.

To bring it back to motorcycles: liberals who think they "know a lot about economics" try to simultaneously increase tax revenue *and* encourage proliferation of electric vehicles, introduce new fees on electric vehicles, and then complain that people don't switch to electric vehicles. Must be some right-wing conspiracy.

What they fail to understand is that you get less of what you tax more and get more of what you tax less. Did you learn this simple axiom in your economy classes?
Attached Thumbnails
Fee on electric motorcycles-untitled.jpg   Fee on electric motorcycles-untitled1.jpg  
VeritasImageryNW likes this.
Jun 22nd 2019, 10:57 AM   #90
 Sentinel's Avatar
 
  Jun 2016
  Poor Tortured

  2019 Nada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasl
Play nicely, stay on original topic (or at least in the same zip code), and can the personal attacks, or I will kill this thread.

First and last warning, children.
lol. king of nothing.
Texasl likes this.
Reply

  PNW Moto > PNW Moto > Motorcycles

Tags
electric, fee, motorcycles, where's the popcorn?



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electric Harley available this August liberpolly Motorcycles 346 Apr 12th 2019 09:43 PM
Electric Dirt Bike Parilla125 Motorcycles 9 Mar 24th 2019 05:12 AM
Yamaha TY-E electric trials bike FidalgoRob Motorcycles 4 Mar 24th 2018 05:58 PM
Electric Scooters Ralgha Motorcycles 10 Nov 27th 2016 06:04 AM
Electric KTM Long Way Down. Colossal achievement or failure? Thumperpilot Adventure Riding 3 Apr 7th 2016 07:39 AM




Copyright © 2019 PNW Moto. All rights reserved.