Instagram     

Go Back   PNW Moto > PNW Moto > Motorcycles

Motorcycles For topics and discussions about all motorcycle makes and models

Like Tree42Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
May 17th 2019, 05:26 PM   #61
 liberpolly's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Seattle

  Ducati Diavel, Aprilia Scarabeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrishil54
So tell me, which war are you referring to, the one in Iraq that was authorized by the UN (and supported by both parties), or the one against those that provided support and training for the foreign terrorist organization that attacked us on 9/11?

Unless of course you believes it was the US Government in collusion with Israel's Mossad as a means of putting middle eastern oil fields under Israel's control. Granted, there are plenty of other crackpot ideas supported by "facts", but that's my favorite one.
Actually, at that point in time, Israel begged US to concentrate on the real danger from Iran, and leave poor disintegrating Iraq alone.
May 17th 2019, 05:29 PM   #62
 liberpolly's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Seattle

  Ducati Diavel, Aprilia Scarabeo
In more motorcycle-related news, I've been looking at the City Slicker.

https://www.cscmotorcycles.com/New-I...Azusa--5652551

Should not require the fees, being a moped (hopefully; getting any information from our benevolent and caring government is absolutely impossible; obviously it is for our own good not to know too much).

Has anyone tried or seen one in real life?
May 17th 2019, 06:07 PM   #63
 Sentinel's Avatar
 
  Jun 2016
  Poor Tortured

  2019 Nada
LOL : 911 is in this thread.

next up:

Naza likes this.

Edited by Sentinel on May 17th 2019 at 06:10 PM
May 17th 2019, 07:14 PM   #64
 1shinysideup's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Seattle

  600RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel
LOL : 911 is in this thread.

next up:

That's ignorant, we all know the magic man in the sky created everything and then tried to drown everything, but wait a hairy guy with a giant boat saves 2 of each animal, even mosquitos and ant eaters with just 2 ants on board!!

Oh and fees on electric bikes are a necessary evil if they drive on city streets.
Parilla125 and Naza like this.
May 18th 2019, 07:16 AM   #65
 Akdawg's Avatar
 
  Dec 2018
  Goldendale WA

  Classic Sportsters, Triumph & BSA
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberpolly
In more motorcycle-related news, I've been looking at the City Slicker.

https://www.cscmotorcycles.com/New-I...Azusa--5652551

Should not require the fees, being a moped (hopefully; getting any information from our benevolent and caring government is absolutely impossible; obviously it is for our own good not to know too much).

Has anyone tried or seen one in real life?
No, but might cull one of the Sportsters( right now their value seems to be by the pound) and add one of these to the stable
liberpolly likes this.
May 18th 2019, 11:25 AM   #66
 Parilla125's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  SeaTac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shinysideup
That's ignorant, we all know the magic man in the sky created everything and then tried to drown everything, but wait a hairy guy with a giant boat saves 2 of each animal, even mosquitos and ant eaters with just 2 ants on board!!

Oh and fees on electric bikes are a necessary evil if they drive on city streets.
Why oh why didn't the hairy guy just reach out and slap ONE of those mosquitos? "Oops! Oh darn!"
1shinysideup likes this.
Jun 18th 2019, 01:39 PM   #67
 
  Mar 2016
  Seattle

  '14 KTM Duke 690, '18 BMW R12RS, '05 BMW R12ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeritasImageryNW
A healthy mistrust of our government is not a bad thing. An unhealthy trusting of it is.
You're partially right. Healthy mistrust, with emphasis on the healthy.

Which is to say . . . not mistrust at all, but vigilant observation. Trust doesn't enter into it if you stay informed and involved.

Trust or mistrust . . . both are terms used by the lazy.

And what, exactly, do you do to 'support the troops?' Besides say it or apply a decal to your car.
Jun 18th 2019, 05:20 PM   #68
 Chrishil54's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Kirkland

  2009 V-Star 1100 Custom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parilla125
Why oh why didn't the hairy guy just reach out and slap ONE of those mosquitos? "Oops! Oh darn!"
That's one of the biggest mistakes in history...
Jun 18th 2019, 06:22 PM   #69
 VeritasImageryNW's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Allyn, WA

  '06 HD Street Bob, '85 Yamaha FJ600, '99 Honda CBR600f4
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDave
And what, exactly, do you do to 'support the troops?' Besides say it or apply a decal to your car.
Besides the aforementioned fact that most of my kids are in the military...

I vote for politicians that will strengthen our military both financially as well as where standards are concerned.

I support legislators that are willing to overhaul the Veteran's Admin. so that it actually benefits veterans rather than bureaucrats.

Our recovery program, which I am a program lead of, has recently started a group specifically designed for veterans and run by veterans. The program connects with organizations like the VFW and facilities like Retsil to provide services as well.

I personally, financially support companies like Nine Line and Black Rifle Coffee Company. These are companies that are owned by veterans and that hire veterans. I also donate to the local VFW rather than the larger organizations like Wounded Warrior, were I know that my money will all go where it needs to be.

I have co-organized several charity rides for wounded soldiers and their families.

I am also a member of the Patriot Guard.

Is that enough for you?
307T and Chrishil54 like this.
Jun 18th 2019, 06:52 PM   #70
 
  Mar 2016
  Seattle

  '14 KTM Duke 690, '18 BMW R12RS, '05 BMW R12ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeritasImageryNW
Besides the aforementioned fact that most of my kids are in the military...

I vote for politicians that will strengthen our military both financially as well as where standards are concerned.

I support legislators that are willing to overhaul the Veteran's Admin. so that it actually benefits veterans rather than bureaucrats.

Our recovery program, which I am a program lead of, has recently started a group specifically designed for veterans and run by veterans. The program connects with organizations like the VFW and facilities like Retsil to provide services as well.

I personally, financially support companies like Nine Line and Black Rifle Coffee Company. These are companies that are owned by veterans and that hire veterans. I also donate to the local VFW rather than the larger organizations like Wounded Warrior, were I know that my money will all go where it needs to be.

I have co-organized several charity rides for wounded soldiers and their families.

I am also a member of the Patriot Guard.

Is that enough for you?
Hmm, to match your cynicism you display in other threads:

You support our troops because:

Your kids can't get real jobs
You joined a patched group of conservative wannabes
You ride your motorcycle occasionally.
You bought into the the pandering marketing of BRCC and Nine Line
You vote.
Jun 18th 2019, 08:29 PM   #71
 307T's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Washington County

  H-D
Jeez Dave. That's a pretty heavy axe you're trying to grind.
VeritasImageryNW and Akdawg like this.

Edited by 307T on Jun 18th 2019 at 08:44 PM
Jun 19th 2019, 09:02 AM   #72
 
  Mar 2016
  Seattle

  '14 KTM Duke 690, '18 BMW R12RS, '05 BMW R12ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by 307T
Jeez Dave. That's a pretty heavy axe you're trying to grind.
Yep, uninformed cynicism gets ugly in a hurry, does it not?
Jun 19th 2019, 09:04 AM   #73
 VeritasImageryNW's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Allyn, WA

  '06 HD Street Bob, '85 Yamaha FJ600, '99 Honda CBR600f4
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDave
Hmm, to match your cynicism you display in other threads:

You support our troops because:

Your kids can't get real jobs
You joined a patched group of conservative wannabes
You ride your motorcycle occasionally.
You bought into the the pandering marketing of BRCC and Nine Line
You vote.
Standard leftist move. Can't win an argument with facts, so revert to personal attacks. Want to know why Trump won? This is why. Instead of debating with facts and trying to win the competition over, the Dems (and their media lap dogs) chose to call everyone that disagrees with them names. Not only do you not win over the competition, you lose some that might support you because now you look like a bully and a jerk.
Jun 19th 2019, 11:59 AM   #74
 Sentinel's Avatar
 
  Jun 2016
  Poor Tortured

  2019 Nada
oh snap.
this thread HAD 911 in it, which made it badass in a weirdly-sad, Internet kinda way. Now it has TRUMP in it which is like either icing on the cupcake or else poop on your shoe. dunno which.
popcorn
Jun 19th 2019, 01:02 PM   #75
DGA
 DGA's Avatar
Moderator
 
  Jan 2016
  PDX

  An Ape and a Husky
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeritasImageryNW
Standard leftist move. Can't win an argument with facts, so revert to personal attacks. Want to know why Trump won? This is why. Instead of debating with facts and trying to win the competition over, the Dems (and their media lap dogs) chose to call everyone that disagrees with them names. Not only do you not win over the competition, you lose some that might support you because now you look like a bully and a jerk.
I don't fucking care what you two are arguing about, but in light of our presidents behavior I find your comments very laugh out loud funny...
PeteN95 likes this.
Reply

  PNW Moto > PNW Moto > Motorcycles

Tags
electric, fee, motorcycles, where's the popcorn?



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electric Harley available this August liberpolly Motorcycles 346 Apr 12th 2019 09:43 PM
Electric Dirt Bike Parilla125 Motorcycles 9 Mar 24th 2019 05:12 AM
Yamaha TY-E electric trials bike FidalgoRob Motorcycles 4 Mar 24th 2018 05:58 PM
Electric Scooters Ralgha Motorcycles 10 Nov 27th 2016 06:04 AM
Electric KTM Long Way Down. Colossal achievement or failure? Thumperpilot Adventure Riding 3 Apr 7th 2016 07:39 AM




Copyright © 2019 PNW Moto. All rights reserved.