Instagram     

Go Back   PNW Moto > PNW Moto > Motorcycles

Motorcycles For topics and discussions about all motorcycle makes and models

Like Tree227Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Apr 1st 2016, 07:35 PM   #211
 
  Jan 2016
  Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicklimegirl
This has been on CL on & off for several months. A garishly painted SR500, just another example of painting too much of a bike to make it totally FUGLY.



This stellar example of a "Cafe Cruiser" (WTF??) just had a "$500" tune-up. He doesn't mention just what that is supposed to have entailed.....I guess we all should be dazzled by the fact he overpaid by hundreds for new plugs and who knows what else.......

Oh. The best part, besides the outlandish asking price of $5500????

" Will trade for 2004 or newer 600 or 1000's or Ducati plus cash"

Wow...........just WOW

https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/mcy/5511873503.html
I actually really love that bike and am going down to look at it tomorrow
Apr 2nd 2016, 05:37 AM   #212
 Parilla125's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  SeaTac

The 'Tune Up' could have been a full service at a Dealer. That would explain the $500 pretty easily.
I kind of like it too, though I am not going to go look at it...
Apr 2nd 2016, 06:36 AM   #213
 Red Label Moto's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Seattle

  all of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicklimegirl
This has been on CL on & off for several months. A garishly painted SR500, just another example of painting too much of a bike to make it totally FUGLY.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyckedan
I actually really love that bike and am going down to look at it tomorrow

As we can see, every bike has its proponents and its detractors. It is odd how the negative views tend to be the loudest.

These types of threads are nothing new. Some (looking in mirror) tend to focus on the ads with absurd descriptions or egregious errors. Others highlight bikes they don't care for and make that point abundantly clear. Not enough point out the good deals or otherwise interesting bikes for sale.

With apologies, declaring the seller of the red/white SR500 as the "Delusional Douche of the Year" (in bold with key words capitalized) could in itself be a contender for "Most Inappropriate Labeling of Someone You Don't Know" post of the year.
Apr 2nd 2016, 07:33 AM   #214
 
  Jan 2016
  Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Label Moto
As we can see, every bike has its proponents and its detractors. It is odd how the negative views tend to be the loudest.

These types of threads are nothing new. Some (looking in mirror) tend to focus on the ads with absurd descriptions or egregious errors. Others highlight bikes they don't care for and make that point abundantly clear. Not enough point out the good deals or otherwise interesting bikes for sale.

With apologies, declaring the seller of the red/white SR500 as the "Delusional Douche of the Year" (in bold with key words capitalized) could in itself be a contender for "Most Inappropriate Labeling of Someone You Don't Know" post of the year.
My post was an April Fools joke, that bike is hideous.

Edited by Wyckedan on Apr 2nd 2016 at 07:36 AM
Apr 2nd 2016, 07:36 AM   #215
 Red Label Moto's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Seattle

  all of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyckedan
My post was an April Fools joke, that bike is hideous.
Today isn't 4/1/2016?

Dang it!
Apr 2nd 2016, 07:44 AM   #216
 Red Label Moto's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Seattle

  all of them
Any guesses as to what it might be? He/she will text or email you the details. It takes too long to type it all out in the ad.



Apr 2nd 2016, 08:13 AM   #217
 
  Jan 2016
  Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Label Moto
Today isn't 4/1/2016?

Dang it!
No but when I posted it it was..
Apr 2nd 2016, 11:17 AM   #218
 liberpolly's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Seattle

  Ducati Diavel, Aprilia Scarabeo
Black and red? Matching gear? Must be Ducati.
Apr 2nd 2016, 12:16 PM   #219
 
  Jan 2016
  92 miles from Windy Ridge, Mt. St. Helens

  2017 FZ-07; Z1000 Kawi; '84 RZ350; '76 RD400; '74 RD350; '66 Suzuki X6 250..a few others
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Label Moto
With apologies, declaring the seller of the red/white SR500 as the "Delusional Douche of the Year" (in bold with key words capitalized) could in itself be a contender for "Most Inappropriate Labeling of Someone You Don't Know" post of the year.
RLM, I definitely think it's totally delusional to think:

A) That bike is worth anything near $5500; and
B) There would be anyone that would consider trading a Ducati plus cash for it.

SR500s in stock trim are well loved in the world of vintage bikes. The seller has taken a good bike and basically ruined it, and is now serious in his belief that it's worth far more than what a clean, low mileage example is. So, since you think I'm in the wrong for labeling someone who clearly appears delusional, and as a person whose occupation appears to be flipping bikes for profit, what is your professional opinion on the worth of that bike as it sits??


All I need to know about the seller is contained in the text of his ad, especially regarding the two points above.
Apr 2nd 2016, 05:36 PM   #220
 Red Label Moto's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Seattle

  all of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicklimegirl
RLM, I definitely think it's totally delusional to think:

A) That bike is worth anything near $5500; and
B) There would be anyone that would consider trading a Ducati plus cash for it.

SR500s in stock trim are well loved in the world of vintage bikes. The seller has taken a good bike and basically ruined it, and is now serious in his belief that it's worth far more than what a clean, low mileage example is. So, since you think I'm in the wrong for labeling someone who clearly appears delusional, and as a person whose occupation appears to be flipping bikes for profit, what is your professional opinion on the worth of that bike as it sits??


All I need to know about the seller is contained in the text of his ad, especially regarding the two points above.
Sorry for the preachy post this morning Q-girl. I'm not even 50 (yet) so I have no excuse.

I guess I'm just too semantic for my own good. The ad is far from the worst. The bike is far from the most overpriced. Therefore the owner/seller is not the biggest douchebag nor a candidate for db of the year.

That being said, yah, what a mess of an 'SR. Horrible. IMO it's worth exactly nothing.

Remember that, while the owner may be delusional, there is no shortage of those so affected. All it takes is one.
Davidk likes this.
Apr 6th 2016, 07:12 PM   #221
 
  Jan 2016
  92 miles from Windy Ridge, Mt. St. Helens

  2017 FZ-07; Z1000 Kawi; '84 RZ350; '76 RD400; '74 RD350; '66 Suzuki X6 250..a few others
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Label Moto
Sorry for the preachy post this morning Q-girl. I'm not even 50 (yet) so I have no excuse.

I guess I'm just too semantic for my own good. The ad is far from the worst. The bike is far from the most overpriced. Therefore the owner/seller is not the biggest douchebag nor a candidate for db of the year.

That being said, yah, what a mess of an 'SR. Horrible. IMO it's worth exactly nothing.

Remember that, while the owner may be delusional, there is no shortage of those so affected. All it takes is one.
RLM,
I guess I was also a bit "over the top" in my sentiments regarding the seller, but I just don't understand how people can be so delusional.

As to the bike being worth nothing, I'd have to disagree...depending on how well it runs, and what it would cost to repaint the entire thing back to stock trim. If a person could get it cheap enough, it might be worth doing, but I think it wouldn't be worth it unless it could be obtained for no more than 20% of his current asking price.

It would be a boring world if all bikes looked the same, but I find it really sad and almost tragic when I nice vintage bike is ruined so badly. Ugh!
Apr 7th 2016, 08:40 AM   #222
 Nathan's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  space needle

well at least that paint/color scheme isn't as wacky as this one here:


it looks like a fair deal at $1500 tho
http://images.craigslist.org/00e0e_6...pz_600x450.jpg
Apr 7th 2016, 08:49 AM   #223
DGA
 DGA's Avatar
Moderator
 
  Jan 2016
  PDX

  An Ape and a Husky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicklimegirl
RLM,
I guess I was also a bit "over the top" in my sentiments regarding the seller, but I just don't understand how people can be so delusional.

As to the bike being worth nothing, I'd have to disagree...depending on how well it runs, and what it would cost to repaint the entire thing back to stock trim. If a person could get it cheap enough, it might be worth doing, but I think it wouldn't be worth it unless it could be obtained for no more than 20% of his current asking price.

It would be a boring world if all bikes looked the same, but I find it really sad and almost tragic when I nice vintage bike is ruined so badly. Ugh!
Value tends to be in the eyes of the beholder. That being said modifying a bike even "tastefully" can net you nothing more in the end, but the Blue Book price.
Apr 7th 2016, 10:41 AM   #224
 Red Label Moto's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Seattle

  all of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan
well at least that paint/color scheme isn't as wacky as this one here:


it looks like a fair deal at $1500 tho
http://images.craigslist.org/00e0e_6...pz_600x450.jpg
Link please
Apr 7th 2016, 10:49 AM   #225
 Nathan's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  space needle

oops

it's in alberfuckedupquerqay,NM

Kawasaki ZRX-1100

heard 'it runs'...

Edited by Nathan on Apr 7th 2016 at 10:52 AM
Reply

  PNW Moto > PNW Moto > Motorcycles

Tags
bad, craigs, craigslist, finds, good, list, ridiculous



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Back on 2 wheels and it feels so good! Rider712 Motorcycles 8 Jul 31st 2016 08:50 PM
Good accident atty in PDX area? CanucksFan Portland 9 Jun 9th 2016 04:03 PM
Good To Go pass for motorcycles beansbaxter Seattle 12 Feb 29th 2016 04:57 AM
This is good... Dr_E New Users 49 Jan 21st 2016 09:22 PM




Copyright © 2019 PNW Moto. All rights reserved.