Instagram     

Go Back   PNW Moto > Washington > Tri-Cities > Moses Lake

Moses Lake Rides, meetups, regional discussions | Moses Lake, Washington

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jared p
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Apr 10th 2016, 06:33 PM   #1
 chinook rider's Avatar
 
  Feb 2016
  Coulee City

  2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 2008 Yamaha WR250R
Moses lake, Ephrata?

Apparently people don't ride in this area? I try to set up a ride and not one response and not one rider showed up? I see hoards of Harley's and what is up with the ape hangers is that a new Harley fad? This place is dead, I guess conservative republicans don't ride sport bikes or keep them polished in their garages?
Apr 10th 2016, 06:39 PM   #2
 VegasWolf's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Richland, WA

  2011 Triumph Sprint GT & 1998 Yamaha YZF600R
Um, you posted a Moses Lake ride in the TriCities section. So, since map reading seems to be a bit far off for you I won't take the dumb political comment at more then face value. It's like this: the roads between Moses Lake and the Tri Cities aren't what one would call fun. Typically we go up that way to meet up with Slygrin and head up along the coulee corridor, but that's typically once a season and we know him. Plus we happen to be gearing up for a 3 day ride to Idaho where the roads are amazing. So pardon the hell out of us for not responding to someone we don't know posting about a town we don't live in.

Try to be less of a dick about it and you may find there's a lot of great people over here and some really great rides and roads.

Just my two cents.

-Wolf-

Sent via XT1254
Apr 10th 2016, 07:11 PM   #3
 chinook rider's Avatar
 
  Feb 2016
  Coulee City

  2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 2008 Yamaha WR250R
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasWolf
Um, you posted a Moses Lake ride in the TriCities section. So, since map reading seems to be a bit far off for you I won't take the dumb political comment at more then face value. It's like this: the roads between Moses Lake and the Tri Cities aren't what one would call fun. Typically we go up that way to meet up with Slygrin and head up along the coulee corridor, but that's typically once a season and we know him. Plus we happen to be gearing up for a 3 day ride to Idaho where the roads are amazing. So pardon the hell out of us for not responding to someone we don't know posting about a town we don't live in.

Try to be less of a dick about it and you may find there's a lot of great people over here and some really great rides and roads.

Just my two cents.

-Wolf-

Sent via XT1254
Uh dude, there is no Moses lake section, it is grouped in with the Tri Cities and the heading clearly stated Moses Lake, Ephrata! So don't get your panties in a bunch and I happen to be part of that three day ride to Idaho been there done that. I have no problem with the Tri Cities you guys are always organizing meet ups and rides, just wish there was more happening closer to my ares. So no hard feelings, just my opinion that's all and we all know about opinions.
Apr 10th 2016, 07:17 PM   #4
 VegasWolf's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Richland, WA

  2011 Triumph Sprint GT & 1998 Yamaha YZF600R
Fair enough, I read it a bit rough is all. And I forget this may look like the original site but its not- Moses use to be separate. If your doing Kamiah, awesome! I do t get up to Moses, Soap, Ephrata, et all very often. Sadly the only good road I know between us is a little jaunt between Othello and Potholes, beyond that it's a snoozefest till about Soap Lake.

So sorry if I took you out of context, but glad your coming out to Kamiah. See ya then.

-Wolf-

Sent via XT1254
Apr 11th 2016, 04:05 PM   #5
 ZXtasy's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Moses Lake, WA

  2013 Kawasaki Concours C-14, 2005 ZX-10R Kawasaki (Nekkid), '99 Yamaha TW-200
Why can't we all just get a long?
And I don't get the Apes thing either, but I guess until I ride one I better not judge...hell, I ride a bunch of streetfighters so who am I to talk.

Yes sadly the roads around Moses Hole make it imperative to travel at least 1.5 hours in any direction before serious fun can be had. Not many options short of a 3/4 day ride, so careful planning and longer trips must be saved up for, leaving little room for any 1/2 day short rides that aren't a snoozefest.

The road VG mentions is McMannamon road, which is on pretty good shape and has a few nice corners but sadly about 5 years ago the 5-O started using it more regularly...either because they heard of bikes railing it or even for them Hwy 17, the Corridor of Death, got too dangerous. There is one sweet spot where the road flattens to cross some tracks and then really dips that you can catch total air for about 20 feet with judicious snapping of twist grip!!! Very fun
Apr 11th 2016, 07:27 PM   #6
 jared p's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  here

  there
there's a solution to your problem. go ride. then post about how amazing it was. if people show up or not who cares. just go ride.
CaptainAwesome and ZXtasy like this.
Apr 17th 2016, 04:39 PM   #7
 Slygrin's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Moses Lake, WA

  '06 Moto Guzzi Breva 1100 & '12 Honda Goldwing
The Moses Lake folks have thinned out quite a bit the last couple of years. Some have moved, some had kids and priorities shifted, some sold their bikes. I have gotten to the point that I much prefer to get the wife on the back and ride by ourselves. Group rides tend to end up disappointing for one reason or another. I've never allowed the fact I didn't have someone to ride with stop me from having a great ride.
Apr 17th 2016, 07:09 PM   #8
 chinook rider's Avatar
 
  Feb 2016
  Coulee City

  2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 2008 Yamaha WR250R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slygrin
The Moses Lake folks have thinned out quite a bit the last couple of years. Some have moved, some had kids and priorities shifted, some sold their bikes. I have gotten to the point that I much prefer to get the wife on the back and ride by ourselves. Group rides tend to end up disappointing for one reason or another. I've never allowed the fact I didn't have someone to ride with stop me from having a great ride.
I ride 100% of the time alone, I don't ride because I don't have someone to ride with? Thought it would be cool to hoke up with some locals and do a ride, but hey, no biggie, ended up doing a 300 mile ride that day anyway!
But enough about that, did a great ride this weekend through the Oregon Blue mountains, went over one pass where it was just one lane because snow blocked half of the road. Spent the night in La Grande and finished my ride on Highway 206 to Millton Freewater and Walla Walla then West to Pasco and 395 and 17 home, SPECTACULAR ride!!!!!!!
Apr 19th 2016, 06:15 PM   #9
 Stradasphere's Avatar
 
  Mar 2016
  Moses Lake

I did a loop over Ephrata and the Moses Coulee then back down the Grand Coulee year before last by my self. It was fun and not too long trip. I've been busy myself getting the yard back in shape, trying out my new travel trailer, oh and spending wayyy to much on a new truck. That truck thing kill a full Sunday. I keep trying to get to the Sunday coffee but things just keep getting in the way Oh well.
Oct 1st 2016, 10:31 PM   #10
 uhoh's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Tri-Cities, dry side of Washington

  Kawasaki C-14
^^^ First post for Michaelopefs. Burkina Faso is a location in West Africa. And non relevant post content in spades.
So this ^^^ is a spam guy trying to use our PNWMoto site to get up to speed in his learning cycle.


*** Needs to be banned ***
Oct 2nd 2016, 03:49 PM   #11
 pnw ducrider's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  bellingham

  R and Pikes Peak
Moses lake had a few riders when I lived there. Aside from pinto ridge and the dry falls ride, not alot in that area. As mentioned before you have at least 1.5hrs of cruising to get anywhere fun.
Oct 2nd 2016, 04:17 PM   #12
 ZXtasy's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Moses Lake, WA

  2013 Kawasaki Concours C-14, 2005 ZX-10R Kawasaki (Nekkid), '99 Yamaha TW-200
YEah, what he said.
Oct 2nd 2016, 04:22 PM   #13
 Josh's Avatar
 
  Jul 2016
  The Couv

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinook rider
Apparently people don't ride in this area? I try to set up a ride and not one response and not one rider showed up? I see hoards of Harley's and what is up with the ape hangers is that a new Harley fad? This place is dead, I guess conservative republicans don't ride sport bikes or keep them polished in their garages?
Why do liberal fucktards have to go blaming eveyone else for their problems?

Maybe your attitude is why no one wants to ride with you?
Reply

  PNW Moto > Washington > Tri-Cities > Moses Lake

Tags
ephrata, lake, moses



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Meetup: Moses Lake Sunday Coffee Slygrin Moses Lake 40 May 7th 2017 03:00 PM
Motorcycle Ride: Moses Lake, Ephrata Day ride on 4/10 chinook rider Moses Lake 1 Aug 28th 2016 12:06 PM
Ethanol Free Gas in Moses Lake Slygrin Moses Lake 4 Jun 21st 2016 08:23 AM
Hello from Moses Lake Slygrin New Users 3 Jan 30th 2016 06:23 PM
Hey Moses Lake/Ephrata mjn Moses Lake 6 Jan 26th 2016 06:45 PM




Copyright © 2017 PNW Moto. All rights reserved.