Instagram     

Go Back   PNW Moto > Washington > Seattle > Kitsap

Kitsap Rides, meetups, regional discussions | Bremerton, Poulsbo, Bainbridge Island, Port Orchard, Silverdale

Like Tree243Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Feb 11th 2016, 05:26 PM   #91
 Jackaldj1's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Port Orchard, Wa

  '03 Suzuki Marauder
. Shell station in Belfair. I said the rain wasn't a problem. . Next one will be closer.


Sent via iPhone
Feb 11th 2016, 09:05 PM   #92
 Davidk's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Bainbridge Island

  Ducati ST4
You SIR just ROCK!!

Hey - you seem to have some RAIN on your mirror....

Now Where???
Feb 12th 2016, 04:43 PM   #93
 Jackaldj1's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Port Orchard, Wa

  '03 Suzuki Marauder
New Tag:
For all the Airdales out there.



Sent via iPhone

Edited by Jackaldj1 on Feb 13th 2016 at 09:23 AM
Feb 15th 2016, 02:47 PM   #94
 kromlec's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  US

How has no one gotten this yet. Might have to brave the morning ride to get this tag!

2012 R1 - daily and race bike
2004 R6 - for sale
2014 kawasaki 300 - wife's bike
Feb 15th 2016, 03:49 PM   #95
 Pavement Tested's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Bremerton

  '12 Concours14, '06 Sprint 1050ST, '06 GSX-R 750, '07 Ninja 650R, '03 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kromlec View Post
How has no one gotten this yet. Might have to brave the morning ride to get this tag!

2012 R1 - daily and race bike
2004 R6 - for sale
2014 kawasaki 300 - wife's bike
Because I've been out of town. Took yesterday and most of today to catch up on house stuff. I'm going on a ride shortly.
Feb 15th 2016, 03:54 PM   #96
 kromlec's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  US

Well welcome back sir, hope to see you at the next Sunday meet up. You deff missed a good one lol oh and one of these days I need to talk tires with you to see what I should go with on the r1

2012 R1
2004 R6
2014 kawasaki 300
Feb 15th 2016, 06:55 PM   #97
 Pavement Tested's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Bremerton

  '12 Concours14, '06 Sprint 1050ST, '06 GSX-R 750, '07 Ninja 650R, '03 R1
Old tag:


NAD park in Bremerton.
Feb 15th 2016, 06:56 PM   #98
 kromlec's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  US

Is that just your low beams? Looks bright and shine pretty far..

2012 R1
2004 R6
2014 kawasaki 300
Feb 15th 2016, 08:49 PM   #99
 Pavement Tested's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Bremerton

  '12 Concours14, '06 Sprint 1050ST, '06 GSX-R 750, '07 Ninja 650R, '03 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kromlec View Post
Is that just your low beams? Looks bright and shine pretty far..

2012 R1
2004 R6
2014 kawasaki 300
Yup, just the low beams. I installed a set of El Cheap-O 6000 or 8000 HID's last year that work really well. Got the ballasts from a friend for free and spent $10 for the bulbs on eBay. Fortunately the Triumph has projector lenses from the factory so I could do it all legal like. The hi beam is still a halogen bulb and is virtually unnoticeable when it's on. It only gives a little bit more light farther down the road at night. The factory projectors do have a hell of a beam cut off at the top which is not a ton of fun for cornering at night but I get along ok.

There were some lights at the park that assisted in lighting up the plane as well.
Feb 15th 2016, 08:55 PM   #100
 kromlec's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  US

I think I'm going to put hids in my r1, have them in my r6 and both having projector already like yours is deff better. I've just been nervous to mess with my r1 since she so clean and all lol

2012 R1
2004 R6
2014 kawasaki 300
Feb 15th 2016, 09:03 PM   #101
 Pavement Tested's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Bremerton

  '12 Concours14, '06 Sprint 1050ST, '06 GSX-R 750, '07 Ninja 650R, '03 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kromlec View Post
I think I'm going to put hids in my r1, have them in my r6 and both having projector already like yours is deff better. I've just been nervous to mess with my r1 since she so clean and all lol

2012 R1
2004 R6
2014 kawasaki 300
I can help you with the install if you like. You have to look fairly closely at my bike to tell there's aftermarket wiring on it. I hid everything the best I could. I do not like butchering the factory wiring and avoid it at all costs whenever installing aftermarket items. I'm also way OCD about doing it cleanly so it looks like it belongs there.
Feb 15th 2016, 09:05 PM   #102
 kromlec's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  US

Did you have to make holes in your backings of your headlights for the wires to run through? I have caps that rotate off to access my light bulbs.

2012 R1
2004 R6
2014 kawasaki 300
Feb 15th 2016, 09:07 PM   #103
 Pavement Tested's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Bremerton

  '12 Concours14, '06 Sprint 1050ST, '06 GSX-R 750, '07 Ninja 650R, '03 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kromlec View Post
Did you have to make holes in your backings of your headlights for the wires to run through? I have caps that rotate off to access my light bulbs.

2012 R1
2004 R6
2014 kawasaki 300
No. I have rubber boots that the wires ran thru. I had to make a small cut in the boot to pass the larger plugs thru but the cuts are minimal and not noticeable.

Drilling the holes in the caps fr your lights isn't a big deal. The HID kits have grommets on the wiring for that. Keeps it looking clean.
Feb 15th 2016, 09:09 PM   #104
 kromlec's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  US

I will deff get me some and get with you to install the bad boys! I'll stop hijacking this thread now

2012 R1
2004 R6
2014 kawasaki 300
Feb 15th 2016, 11:17 PM   #105
 
  Jan 2016
  Newcastle, WA

  1995 Suzuki Katana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavement Tested View Post
I can help you with the install if you like. You have to look fairly closely at my bike to tell there's aftermarket wiring on it. I hid everything the best I could. I do not like butchering the factory wiring and avoid it at all costs whenever installing aftermarket items. I'm also way OCD about doing it cleanly so it looks like it belongs there.
You know about Eastern Beaver, right?

Seems to have all the miscellaneous connectors and plugs that are used on bikes from the factory. Makes wiring projects simple if you have the right connectors, do all the wiring on the bench top and then just plug and play.

The only down side is that he is in Japan so shipping can take a while...
Pavement Tested likes this.
Reply

  PNW Moto > Washington > Seattle > Kitsap

Tags
2016, kitsap, photo, tag



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Original Portland Photo Tag 2016 DGA Portland 211 Dec 4th 2016 05:54 PM
Vancouver/Southwest Photo Tag ltlpagan Vancouver 137 Oct 10th 2016 04:31 PM
Salem photo tag 2016 shortnsweet Salem 19 Sep 16th 2016 04:11 PM
Olympia Photo Tag Bill98579 Olympia 1 May 12th 2016 06:14 PM




Copyright © 2017 PNW Moto. All rights reserved.