Instagram     

Go Back   PNW Moto > Washington > Seattle > Kitsap

Kitsap Rides, meetups, regional discussions | Bremerton, Poulsbo, Bainbridge Island, Port Orchard, Silverdale

Like Tree14Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Sep 21st 2016, 09:56 AM   #16
 SmokeyMcNug's Avatar
 
  May 2016
  Olympia, WA

  1996 Kat 600 "Ras-tana"
Any moving violation will be on your record until.....end of time? driving record checks for insurance go back only 3 years and jobs 3 or 5 depending on the job i think.
Sep 21st 2016, 10:15 AM   #17
 JohnnyM's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Pullman, WA

  '73 CB350F, '86 VFR750F, '00 Aprilia RS250, '04 Aprilia RSV1000 R Factory(x2), '07 Star 1100 Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyMcNug
Any moving violation will be on your record until.....end of time?
They drop off between 5-7 years. Insurance doesn't care after 5, sometimes 3 years.

Point is, if you don't get a lawyer to make your ticket a "best case scenario" by either getting it dropped or pleading it to a lesser or non-moving violation, you're gonna have a bad time. An expensive bad time, over time. More expensive than any traffic lawyer...
Sep 21st 2016, 10:48 AM   #18
 Nathan's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  space needle

not only that but some states will take your license away if you get a certain number of speeding tickets. When I lived in FL I thought it was just pay the ticket and forget it until I got ticket #11 and they informed me that I will lose my license if I get ticket #12. Thank goodness it was just before I moved the hell out of that miserable state!
Sep 21st 2016, 05:54 PM   #19
 Scribbles's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  NW

I asked my insurance agent about tickets and he told me that Ins companies usually dont check unless you have been in an accident or if they are giving you a quote. He said, one or two tickets in a three year period is fine, but don't get more than that (if you can help it).
Sep 21st 2016, 05:55 PM   #20
 DocB's Avatar
 
  Feb 2016
  Poulsbo, WA

  Aprilia RSV Mille, CBR600F, CB77, CB750K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan
until I got ticket #11 and they informed me that I will lose my license if I get ticket #12.
Yeow, what a tough hand to be dealt. If only there was some way to keep those speeding tickets from happening.
Sep 21st 2016, 05:58 PM   #21
 
  May 2016
  Port Orchard, WA

  R1200RT, DR650
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocB
If only there was some way to keep those speeding tickets from happening.
I know, right? I've been wracking my brain to figure it out. Maybe if I go faster?
Sep 21st 2016, 09:39 PM   #22
 SmokeyMcNug's Avatar
 
  May 2016
  Olympia, WA

  1996 Kat 600 "Ras-tana"
Quote:
Originally Posted by daneloire
I know, right? I've been wracking my brain to figure it out. Maybe if I go faster?
they wont pursue after a certain speed. at least that used to be policy.

so yeah, faster!
Sep 21st 2016, 09:50 PM   #23
 
  May 2016
  Port Orchard, WA

  R1200RT, DR650
I have doubts my 40ish horsepower DR650 is going to win any sweet races. Maybe if I race off into people's backyards or something :P
Sep 22nd 2016, 07:31 AM   #24
 
  Jan 2016
  Kennewick

  Depends on my mood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daneloire
I have doubts my 40ish horsepower DR650 is going to win any sweet races. Maybe if I race off into people's backyards or something :P
Or maybe do some sweet jumps! That would impress the cops so much they would let you go out of respect.

Yeah, that will work!
Greasemonkey and daneloire like this.
Sep 22nd 2016, 09:34 AM   #25
 SmokeyMcNug's Avatar
 
  May 2016
  Olympia, WA

  1996 Kat 600 "Ras-tana"
Remember: you can fit where cops cant.


Unless they are on a bike too of course....duh


And i wont even go into the heli's and planes. Good luck on those.

Edited by SmokeyMcNug on Sep 22nd 2016 at 09:36 AM
Sep 22nd 2016, 10:22 AM   #26
 
  Jan 2016
  Kennewick

  Depends on my mood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyMcNug
Remember: you can fit where cops cant.


Unless they are on a bike too of course....duh


And i wont even go into the heli's and planes. Good luck on those.
And bullets. Don't forget those either!
Sep 22nd 2016, 11:37 AM   #27
 Nathan's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  space needle

and don't forget about the pepper spray and tazers too!


Quote:
Originally Posted by DocB
Yeow, what a tough hand to be dealt. If only there was some way to keep those speeding tickets from happening.
Nah no big deal I was 19 and got the last ticket 2 wks before I moved out of that shithole state.

Just be glad p'bo isn't always swarming with cops and speedtraps too!

I did learn a very good lesson:
Fight. Every. Single. Ticket.
Sep 22nd 2016, 11:40 AM   #28
 
  May 2016
  Port Orchard, WA

  R1200RT, DR650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bald Guy
Or maybe do some sweet jumps! That would impress the cops so much they would let you go out of respect.
I wonder if sweet wheelies would count? I did just lower my gear ratio. Maybe I'll ask next time I'm pulled over at the side of the road waiting to be served and protected.
Sep 22nd 2016, 11:50 AM   #29
 SmokeyMcNug's Avatar
 
  May 2016
  Olympia, WA

  1996 Kat 600 "Ras-tana"
Quote:
Originally Posted by daneloire
I wonder if sweet wheelies would count? I did just lower my gear ratio. Maybe I'll ask next time I'm pulled over at the side of the road waiting to be served and protected.
Only sweet wheelies. Lame wheelies will still probably get you a ticket.
Greasemonkey likes this.
Sep 22nd 2016, 12:38 PM   #30
 
  May 2016
  Port Orchard, WA

  R1200RT, DR650
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyMcNug
Lame wheelies will still probably get you a ticket.
Probably TWO tickets.
SmokeyMcNug likes this.
Reply

  PNW Moto > Washington > Seattle > Kitsap

Tags
enforcement, increased



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whatcom County law enforcement conducting speed emphasis patrols Malay Bellingham 14 Aug 5th 2016 12:01 AM
Thats it I'm moving to Brazil for a career in law enforcement! Red Label Moto Motorcycles 10 Mar 29th 2016 07:43 AM
SB6373 Increased registration fees tod701 Adventure Riding 11 Feb 5th 2016 02:30 PM




Copyright © 2017 PNW Moto. All rights reserved.