Instagram     

Go Back   PNW Moto > Washington > Seattle > Kitsap

Kitsap Rides, meetups, regional discussions | Bremerton, Poulsbo, Bainbridge Island, Port Orchard, Silverdale

Like Tree21Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Apr 16th 2016, 07:47 AM   #1
 Willow's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Silverdale, WA

  848evo, DRZ400SM, XR100
Adventure ride

Going to meet with kromlec's group that he's posted here:
Sunday morning ride
When: Sunday 11:00am at Gorst

Going to peal off at Skokomish/Hwy101.

Going to try and get thoroughly lost in the olympic national forst heading to Wynoochee lake. Just kidding about getting lost, but always possible
I'm looking several ways getting over there, but I see some roads maybe still closed.

Going to find the blown bridge with the train in the bottom of river. This was done for the film "Ring of Fire."

You can look up information here on it:
RingofFire

Edit: Might want to bring some kind of hiking shoes if you want to hike down into the canyon.

Edited by Willow on Apr 16th 2016 at 10:30 AM
Apr 16th 2016, 12:47 PM   #2
 MrTwister's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Eastern Oregon

  16 Honda Africa Twin, 09 Hayabusa, and 08 DR650
I want to go...lol
Apr 16th 2016, 02:05 PM   #3
 Mylohusky's Avatar
 
  Mar 2016
  Portland

  1991 kawasaki ZX6 D2 1982 yamaha seca XS 400 1982 yamaha maxim XJ 650
That sounds fun
Apr 16th 2016, 06:35 PM   #4
 Willow's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Silverdale, WA

  848evo, DRZ400SM, XR100
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTwister
I want to go...lol
You could make it by tomorrow's time.....still.
Apr 16th 2016, 10:36 PM   #5
 MrTwister's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Eastern Oregon

  16 Honda Africa Twin, 09 Hayabusa, and 08 DR650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow
You could make it by tomorrow's time.....still.
It would be fun. In fact , I just got the DR650 running today. Apparently the float was stuck and a little tapping on the bowl did the trick. Pretty unusual for being a new pumper carb I think.
Have fun and I'll see you in a couple of weeks.
Apr 16th 2016, 10:54 PM   #6
 Willow's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Silverdale, WA

  848evo, DRZ400SM, XR100
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTwister
Have fun and I'll see you in a couple of weeks.
Yes, looking forward to it! The Duc is in the shop getting new fork seals, but should be done this next week.
MrTwister likes this.
Apr 17th 2016, 04:13 AM   #7
 MMcN49's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Small Island Surrounded by Puget Sound

  07 Buell XB12STT, (Two) 12 Suzuki DR650 SE 72BMWR75/5 KIA @ 243K
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTwister
It would be fun. In fact , I just got the DR650 running today. Apparently the float was stuck and a little tapping on the bowl did the trick. Pretty unusual for being a new pumper carb I think.
Have fun and I'll see you in a couple of weeks.
Hi Mr.T - Similar issue with my then almost new pumper. Pulled the float bowl cap and saw a bunch of sediment & grit on the bottom, (don't know how it got past the fuel valve screen).

Something caused your float to stick. Tapping may get you home but the grit is still in the carb. On my carb I pulled the float bowl and jets and sprayed with carb cleaner then I added a little inline fuel filter.
MrTwister likes this.
Apr 17th 2016, 08:02 PM   #8
 Willow's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Silverdale, WA

  848evo, DRZ400SM, XR100
Well......... all you Adventure riders missed a good one. Saw a lot of great country, in the Olympic mountains, on my way to Wynoochee. Didn't get lost, but found some really cool, off the beaten track, roads that lead to some really cool views. Put in almost 200 miles. Didn't really see hardly anybody once I got past High Steel bridge area.

I tromped, for an hour, all over over the wrong location to find the train. So I'm going to have to do this ride again. I figured I was in the wrong place, but ran out of time. I reviewed the location when I got home, and wasn't too far off. Oh well. Gives me a good excuse to do this again, and explore some more roads.

Here's a few pictures.



















Apr 17th 2016, 08:23 PM   #9
 MrTwister's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Eastern Oregon

  16 Honda Africa Twin, 09 Hayabusa, and 08 DR650
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMcN49
Hi Mr.T - Similar issue with my then almost new pumper. Pulled the float bowl cap and saw a bunch of sediment & grit on the bottom, (don't know how it got past the fuel valve screen).

Something caused your float to stick. Tapping may get you home but the grit is still in the carb. On my carb I pulled the float bowl and jets and sprayed with carb cleaner then I added a little inline fuel filter.
Thanks, I'll do the same. It blows me away, because I only use non ethanol fuel and it's a farelly new carb.
Apr 17th 2016, 08:29 PM   #10
 MrTwister's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Eastern Oregon

  16 Honda Africa Twin, 09 Hayabusa, and 08 DR650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow
Well......... all you Adventure riders missed a good one. Saw a lot of great country, in the Olympic mountains, on my way to Wynoochee. Didn't get lost, but found some really cool, off the beaten track, roads that lead to some really cool views. Put in almost 200 miles. Didn't really see hardly anybody once I got past High Steel bridge area.

I tromped, for an hour, all over over the wrong location to find the train. So I'm going to have to do this ride again. I figured I was in the wrong place, but ran out of time. I reviewed the location when I got home, and wasn't too far off. Oh well. Gives me a good excuse to do this again, and explore some more roads.

Here's a few pictures.



















Thanks for the pics and taking us with you.
You should come over for the Wallowa Valley Jamboree in June. Its four days of good fun.

2016 Wallowa Valley Adventure Jamboree | Adventure Rider
Willow likes this.
Apr 17th 2016, 09:18 PM   #11
 Willow's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Silverdale, WA

  848evo, DRZ400SM, XR100
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTwister
That looks pretty cool. I'll keep that in mind!
Apr 17th 2016, 10:05 PM   #12
 Scribbles's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  NW

Quote:
2016 Wallowa Valley Adventure Jamboree | Adventure Rider
I keep wanting to attend that, but it never fits my schedule...

Brad, do you know what elevation you got to? See any snow? Usually the snow blocks roads above 2500-3000 ft this time of year. (but every year is different.)
MrTwister likes this.
Apr 18th 2016, 01:41 AM   #13
 
  Apr 2016
  Poulsbo, The dry side

  2012 WR250R
I couldn't make this ride due to having my kids, hope to make the next dual sporting adventure! Question, looks like you're rocking 17"s? What tires are those and how do you like them?


Designated asshole
Apr 18th 2016, 07:53 AM   #14
 Redliter's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Bremerton

  2015 CBR1000sp, 2009 DRZ400sm
Nice pictures! Makes me wish I still had my DRZ Glad you had a good time and didn't have any malfunctions.
Apr 18th 2016, 11:19 AM   #15
 Willow's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Silverdale, WA

  848evo, DRZ400SM, XR100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbles
I keep wanting to attend that, but it never fits my schedule...

Brad, do you know what elevation you got to? See any snow? Usually the snow blocks roads above 2500-3000 ft this time of year. (but every year is different.)
Not sure the elevation, but I was pretty close to highest peaks around, and didn't see any snow at all. No residual in shades, no nothing. I thought I would see some.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasemonkey
I couldn't make this ride due to having my kids, hope to make the next dual sporting adventure! Question, looks like you're rocking 17"s? What tires are those and how do you like them?


Designated asshole
Yea, they are 17's. I have Distanzia tires. They work great for most off roading. Not so good for loose gravel hill climbing, but have done some.
Hope you can make the next ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redliter
Nice pictures! Makes me wish I still had my DRZ Glad you had a good time and didn't have any malfunctions.
Thanks bud. Glad I didn't have to call you You need another off road bike!

Sent via XT1080
Reply

  PNW Moto > Washington > Seattle > Kitsap



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adventure travel on CBR gnarly928 The Dalles 12 Sep 15th 2016 10:56 AM
Best Africa adventure ride ever! Thumperpilot Adventure Riding 0 Sep 8th 2016 10:52 AM
Lara's new Adventure Dress Mic Adventure Riding 5 Jun 28th 2016 09:16 AM
SOLD! 2014 KTM 1190 Adventure $8,990 versysrider Classifieds 4 Jun 21st 2016 02:16 PM
Adventure riders? revrdmark Spokane 11 Apr 1st 2016 06:08 AM




Copyright © 2019 PNW Moto. All rights reserved.