Instagram     

Go Back   PNW Moto > Oregon > Portland > The Dalles

The Dalles Rides, meetups, regional discussions | The Dalles, Hood River, Columbia Gorge

Like Tree19Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Jun 9th 2017, 06:52 AM   #31
Mel
 Mel's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Lebanon, Oregon

  Daytona 6-7ty-wow
*sniffle* You only love me for my assets.

Unfortunately, it will stay behind... whimpering in the garage.... again. The sky is supposed to be wet all weekend (moreso down here, which makes the I-5 drone even worse), and the niece's graduation starts at 10 - so I wouldn't be able to go play anyway. Figured we could pop in and say hi for a couple minutes though.

Is bike night tonight as well, or did I miss it by a week (as usual)?
Jun 15th 2017, 03:17 PM   #32
 buffalo375's Avatar
 
  Feb 2016
  Columbia River Gorge

  Two cylinders or less.
Hey!

Hey all! Will there be SMC at ORP this weekend..?
Jun 16th 2017, 06:09 PM   #33
 R1 Jackal's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Oregon

  a bike with a single R
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalo375
Hey all! Will there be SMC at ORP this weekend..?
Beans and I will be there on Sunday but will be at SMC at the usual place.
Jun 16th 2017, 07:21 PM   #34
 buffalo375's Avatar
 
  Feb 2016
  Columbia River Gorge

  Two cylinders or less.
Hi!

Looking forward to seeing you guys on Sunday! Have an awesome SMC!
E
Jun 23rd 2017, 02:58 PM   #35
 Rock Dodger's Avatar
 
  Feb 2016
  Washington

PSA: Looks like 197 has improved. Some kind of additional material has been applied to the former gravel mess. Maybe they used something called microseal? It's like a smaller aggregate with tar holding it together. Not loose at all, and not nearly as abrasive as low dollar chipseal. Anyway, it looks better. Saw it from the confines of the cage when going to get groceries.

Not sure how far they have proceeded with the improvement, but it is a good sign and very encouraging.
Mel and Quixote like this.
Jun 29th 2017, 02:58 PM   #36
Mel
 Mel's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Lebanon, Oregon

  Daytona 6-7ty-wow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Dodger
PSA: Looks like 197 has improved. Some kind of additional material has been applied to the former gravel mess. Maybe they used something called microseal? It's like a smaller aggregate with tar holding it together. Not loose at all, and not nearly as abrasive as low dollar chipseal. Anyway, it looks better. Saw it from the confines of the cage when going to get groceries.

Not sure how far they have proceeded with the improvement, but it is a good sign and very encouraging.
They were using something down here last summer that they were referring to as "Fog Seal" - it was super slick the first week, even for a car, but then settled down after that and left a nice smooth finish akin to fresh *real* new asphalt. So far it's holding up well, but there's only one area I frequent that it was applied. Hopefully whatever they're doing up there winds up similar.
Jul 9th 2017, 07:42 AM   #37
 Rock Dodger's Avatar
 
  Feb 2016
  Washington

About SMC yesterday, I would like to apologize for my parting statements. Although they were tongue in cheek, I can see how one could be offended by what I said.

To all in attendance, I'm sorry for any offense I might have caused.

RD
Aug 26th 2017, 08:12 PM   #38
 R1 Jackal's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Oregon

  a bike with a single R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Dodger
About SMC yesterday, I would like to apologize for my parting statements. Although they were tongue in cheek, I can see how one could be offended by what I said.

To all in attendance, I'm sorry for any offense I might have caused.

RD
This is a bit late but no worries Rock Dodger, no offense taken on my part
Aug 27th 2017, 12:29 PM   #39
Mel
 Mel's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Lebanon, Oregon

  Daytona 6-7ty-wow
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1 Jackal
This is a bit late but no worries Rock Dodger, no offense taken on my part
I thought I told you boys to play nice.... do i have to come up there?!?

(Post being sent all the way from the Isle of Man)

Btw... I hope Jackal or Mike shared my message with the rest of you, cheers!!
Aug 27th 2017, 12:41 PM   #40
 R1 Jackal's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Oregon

  a bike with a single R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel
I thought I told you boys to play nice.... do i have to come up there?!?

(Post being sent all the way from the Isle of Man)

Btw... I hope Jackal or Mike shared my message with the rest of you, cheers!!
Sorry Mel, your Island Departing Services were not needed ~ maybe next time

Also didn't see your message until later in the day. Sounds like your having an awesome time. Enjoy it!!
Sep 1st 2017, 02:58 PM   #41
 R1 Jackal's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Oregon

  a bike with a single R
For the 09/02 SMC, I'll be heading to Holstein's Coffee Co. @ East 3rd Street, The Dalles at 08:00. KSU @ 09:00 (or so). The weather is supposed to be hot by late morning plus due to the holiday weekend it would be a good thing to be out on the roads early.

Who's in?
Sep 2nd 2017, 11:42 AM   #42
 Rock Dodger's Avatar
 
  Feb 2016
  Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1 Jackal
For the 09/02 SMC, I'll be heading to Holstein's Coffee Co. @ East 3rd Street, The Dalles at 08:00. KSU @ 09:00 (or so). The weather is supposed to be hot by late morning plus due to the holiday weekend it would be a good thing to be out on the roads early.

Who's in?
For the out of touch, what happened to meeting at Riverenza?
Sep 2nd 2017, 06:45 PM   #43
 Quixote's Avatar
 
  Feb 2016
  Oregon Desert

  Speed Triple R
Dammit, we missed SMC today.

Make up day tomorrow at MoCo in Mosier, 0800. Get a ride in before it gets too hot....
Sep 2nd 2017, 08:58 PM   #44
 Rock Dodger's Avatar
 
  Feb 2016
  Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixote
Dammit, we missed SMC today.

Make up day tomorrow at MoCo in Mosier, 0800. Get a ride in before it gets too hot....
It might be worth noting that there's a big fire west of Hood River. Things could get a little crazy over that way. Not sure if it would affect east of there or not, but you never know.
Sep 15th 2017, 01:24 PM   #45
 R1 Jackal's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Oregon

  a bike with a single R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Dodger
For the out of touch, what happened to meeting at Riverenza?
Mike & Mike didn't have a good experience the last time we were there

No drip coffee and bad service, although they were real busy.
Reply

  PNW Moto > Oregon > Portland > The Dalles

Tags
2017, coffee, morning, saturday, smc



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Event: Saturday Morning Coffee (SMC) 2016 R1 Jackal The Dalles 151 Feb 26th 2017 08:39 PM
Motorcycle Ride: Sunday Morning Ride SpinCycle Eugene 3 Jul 15th 2016 11:30 AM
Accident on 405 in bellevue this morning Chrishil54 Seattle 0 Jun 9th 2016 04:25 PM
Sunday morning ride kromlec Kitsap 2 Apr 17th 2016 09:12 AM
Bad accident this morning on Airport Way Red Label Moto Seattle 17 Mar 29th 2016 09:04 AM




Copyright © 2017 PNW Moto. All rights reserved.