Buying a second bike.

Oct 31st 2016 12:13 PM WarpShatner7#16
True 47-ish is an average over a few hundred users but if you look at the graph at the top, 60 is such an outlier it's off the chart. I don't necessarily doubt that this rider could get 60 under his own specific conditions but it's certainly not a trustworthy figure in an ad for a bike you're going to ride on your own route in your own way. Fuelly is people trying to accurately gauge their fuel consumption who have no reason to spin it and every reason not to. Craigslist is for people trying to shift a bike out of their driveway.
Oct 31st 2016 03:50 PM FZ1Mike#17
Ya. Like my fz1 gets about 28 to 30 mpg. But if my dad owned my bike for some weird reason hed probably get 35-40 mpg.
I keep hoping the novelty of the liter bike will wear off and my hand will stop consuming so much throttle cable.
I think I'm going to get an enduro, either big money on a 701 or budget bike on a dr 650.
Oct 31st 2016 08:46 PM groverdill#18
I am seriously considering a 2017 701 if I can find one in stock. 74 hp and nearly same weight as a DRZ S sounds like a blast
Nov 2nd 2016 11:38 AM wooden#19
Quote
Originally Posted by FZ1Mike »

Ya. Like my fz1 gets about 28 to 30 mpg. But if my dad owned my bike for some weird reason hed probably get 35-40 mpg.
I keep hoping the novelty of the liter bike will wear off and my hand will stop consuming so much throttle cable.
I think I'm going to get an enduro, either big money on a 701 or budget bike on a dr 650.

My DR650 since I bought it in April 2016 (about 90% street riding, 10% dirt):
Max MPG: 46.06
Min MPG: 38.18
Avg MPG: 42.43

It's also my wheelie learning apparatus, which may or may not be helping much. Oh, and I make a point of hunting down gravel roads and sliding around on them, so factor that in a wee bit.
Nov 3rd 2016 04:09 PM FZ1Mike#20
Quote
Originally Posted by wooden »

My DR650 since I bought it in April 2016 (about 90% street riding, 10% dirt):
Max MPG: 46.06
Min MPG: 38.18
Avg MPG: 42.43

It's also my wheelie learning apparatus, which may or may not be helping much. Oh, and I make a point of hunting down gravel roads and sliding around on them, so factor that in a wee bit.


I was trying to learn to wheelie my FZ1. But I decided trying to learn to wheelie on my 500 pound Sport Touring bike
Nov 4th 2016 12:09 PM albatrosscafe#21
If you like easy wheelies, ~50mpg city (if you are not 230lbs like I am) and fast from 0-60mph, get the FZ-07. This bike has a ~3.5 second 0-60 time but is efficient and doesn't go 90+ super easily so you won't get into too much trouble. It is also cheap. I would totally recommend it.
Nov 6th 2016 09:21 AM Greasemonkey#22
Ever ride a wr250 with an exhaust and power commander? Mine made 30hp at the back tire and weighs 300lbs ready to ride, I get 40mpg but I'm sure if you weren't riding wheelies and abusing it everywhere like I do it would get better.

As for the mileage debate on a SV I had a naked SV and my best mileage was 54 worst was 38, I sold it to a friend of mine who's 5" shorter and substantially less sail and he got 50 pretty consistently. SV's are great bikes and last for a long time if cared for properly!


Sent via iPhone
Nov 7th 2016 07:48 AM FZ1Mike#23
Quote
Originally Posted by Greasemonkey »

Ever ride a wr250 with an exhaust and power commander? Mine made 30hp at the back tire and weighs 300lbs ready to ride, I get 40mpg but I'm sure if you weren't riding wheelies and abusing it everywhere like I do it would get better.

As for the mileage debate on a SV I had a naked SV and my best mileage was 54 worst was 38, I sold it to a friend of mine who's 5" shorter and substantially less sail and he got 50 pretty consistently. SV's are great bikes and last for a long time if cared for properly!


Sent via iPhone


Actually I mAde up my mind on Saturday that I'm going to get a 250 sport. Either a wr250 or crf250 but ya after market exhaust will be a Must.
Nov 7th 2016 10:07 AM Greasemonkey#24
Quote
Originally Posted by FZ1Mike »

Actually I mAde up my mind on Saturday that I'm going to get a 250 sport. Either a wr250 or crf250 but ya after market exhaust will be a Must.



If you're going to do an exhaust I would recommend a power commander and a dyno tune also, they're tuned pretty lean from the factory for emissions and adding an exhaust will only exacerbate that situation.
I have ridden several sport bikes over the years and absolutely love my wr250r with the supermoto wheels on it, has enough power to play anywhere and is very light!


Sent via iPhone
Nov 7th 2016 05:45 PM FZ1Mike#25
Made up my mind 2017 crf250l
Nov 9th 2016 12:10 AM Greasemonkey#26
I like that fairing! I just hung a bolt on smaller cruiser windshield on my wr for a similar look.


Sent via iPhone
Nov 9th 2016 08:34 PM Buckwheet#27
Buying a second bike.

You, sir, are approaching a slippery slope. Good Luck & enjoy!
Nov 9th 2016 09:41 PM equinity#28
Sumo is the way and the light.

Sent via SM-G930V
Nov 9th 2016 09:43 PM Squidly#29
Mike I've got a wr250 you can test out
Nov 10th 2016 07:07 AM FZ1Mike#30
Quote
Originally Posted by Buckwheet »

Buying a second bike.

You, sir, are approaching a slippery slope. Good Luck & enjoy!



What's the slope? motorcycle addiction? Had that ever since I first hopped onto the Xt. And one accident (couldn't walk for a week) and probably 30 grand or so later and I'm still going strong
The only slippery part is my GF and bitching about how much money I spend. And my extended family think I'm going to leave my kids fatherless..... So dramatic.

The other knee looks similar