Instagram     

Go Back   PNW Moto > PNW Moto > Adventure Riding

Adventure Riding Adventure riding, dual sports, and dirt bikes

Like Tree16Likes
  • 2 Post By Mudslinger
  • 2 Post By PeteN95
  • 2 Post By sunofnun
  • 3 Post By Neverseenrain
  • 1 Post By Scribbles
  • 2 Post By Ryanthegreat1
  • 1 Post By Willow
  • 1 Post By Willow
  • 2 Post By Willow
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Mar 11th 2018, 10:37 PM   #1
 Willow's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Silverdale, WA

  848evo, DRZ400SM, XR100
Little Tahuya Saturday

Camps were packed, but Howell Lk trail, we didn't see a soul

Tahuya by Brad Everett, on Flickr

Tahuya by Brad Everett, on Flickr
Mar 12th 2018, 04:41 AM   #2
 
  Mar 2018
  Olympia

  2016 Kawasaki Z1000,2015 Polaris sportsman XP1000,2017 Ktm 690 enduro R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow
Camps were packed, but Howell Lk trail, we didn't see a soul

Tahuya by Brad Everett, on Flickr

Tahuya by Brad Everett, on Flickr
What's with the tires on your bike? Are those stock? My SIL is planning a backcountry trail ride and I'm thinking about going,the Suzuki dz400 caught my eye. What is the difference between the two suzukis in your pictures? I really like the big tire look.
Mar 12th 2018, 04:51 AM   #3
 Mudslinger's Avatar
 
  Sep 2016
  Seabeck

  Africa Twin
Looks like it would have been a lot of fun.
Willow and Neverseenrain like this.
Mar 12th 2018, 09:34 AM   #4
 PeteN95's Avatar
Moderator
 
  Jan 2016
  Muklilteo, WA

  Suzuki DL1000, Honda XR650R, KTM 250 XC-W
Weird, my buddies rode Howell Lake too and said the same thing?!
Willow and Neverseenrain like this.
Mar 12th 2018, 10:07 AM   #5
 sunofnun's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  renton aka the dirty south

  Suprduke990 / Tiger800 / 625sumo / TE300 / 12wr450 / 03wr450 / wr250 / CB350 / XR100 / CRF50 / TTR50
our group did lake howell as well.. hahaaa way less traffic out there.

It was a shitshow all around the main staging and goat ranch.
Willow and Neverseenrain like this.
Mar 12th 2018, 06:52 PM   #6
 Neverseenrain's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Bremerton, WA

  Anything with two wheels.
Who is the dork on the Husquvarna?
sunofnun, Willow and Parilla125 like this.
Mar 12th 2018, 08:20 PM   #7
 Scribbles's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  NW

Its surprising how many people drive hours to get to Tahuya and then never get further than a mile from the staging area. I think they are afraid of getting lost.. (or getting too far from the Beer..)
Willow likes this.
Mar 12th 2018, 08:30 PM   #8
 
  Apr 2016
  WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbles
Its surprising how many people drive hours to get to Tahuya and then never get further than a mile from the staging area. I think they are afraid of getting lost.. (or getting too far from the Beer..)
Mostly quattards. Same is true at Capital. The retard chariots don't make it more than a couple hundred yards from the staging areas.
sunofnun and Willow like this.
Mar 12th 2018, 09:12 PM   #9
 Willow's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Silverdale, WA

  848evo, DRZ400SM, XR100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16Z1000
What's with the tires on your bike? Are those stock? My SIL is planning a backcountry trail ride and I'm thinking about going,the Suzuki dz400 caught my eye. What is the difference between the two suzukis in your pictures? I really like the big tire look.
Yea, I chose to keep the same SM rims, and get the most aggressive tire for the 17" rims. I chose the Shinko 244 tires. So far they've been great!
Parilla125 likes this.

Edited by Willow on Mar 12th 2018 at 09:17 PM
Mar 12th 2018, 09:16 PM   #10
 Willow's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Silverdale, WA

  848evo, DRZ400SM, XR100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverseenrain
Who is the dork on the Husquvarna?
Uh........ just one of the guys riding with the two other dorks on the DRZ's
Neverseenrain likes this.
Mar 12th 2018, 09:49 PM   #11
 
  Mar 2018
  Olympia

  2016 Kawasaki Z1000,2015 Polaris sportsman XP1000,2017 Ktm 690 enduro R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow
Yea, I chose to keep the same SM rims, and get the most aggressive tire for the 17" rims. I chose the Shinko 244 tires. So far they've been great!
That's a nice looking bike,what year is it. I'm getting the itch for a dual sport now,my wife is going to kill me though if I buy one. I'd like to find a couple year old one,with low mileage.
Mar 13th 2018, 12:43 PM   #12
 Willow's Avatar
 
  Jan 2016
  Silverdale, WA

  848evo, DRZ400SM, XR100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16Z1000
That's a nice looking bike,what year is it. I'm getting the itch for a dual sport now,my wife is going to kill me though if I buy one. I'd like to find a couple year old one,with low mileage.
Thanks! It's a 2006 SM.
I swear...... wive's ruin everything..... My garage would be full of all different kinds MC's, but she always says we need to put money into something more responsible, like the house Oh well, I guess I can't complain having 3 bikes , where some guys I know say their wive's won't let them even GET a motorcycle..........Sheesh
Neverseenrain and Didley like this.
Reply

  PNW Moto > PNW Moto > Adventure Riding

Tags
saturday, tahuya



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tahuya ride Tuesday 12/5 or Saturday 12/9? twowheels Kitsap 2 Dec 8th 2017 08:16 AM
Anyone want to ride Tahuya tomorrow 11/17? twowheels Kitsap 2 Nov 17th 2017 09:37 AM
WA BDR Leg 3 Saturday? CodeBlue Adventure Riding 1 Jun 24th 2016 10:05 AM
Tahuya Staging Area Recommendation Rodeojones Seattle 11 May 9th 2016 11:49 AM
Motorcycle Ride: Ride 4/9 Saturday galenernest Vancouver 10 Apr 11th 2016 12:55 PM




Copyright © 2018 PNW Moto. All rights reserved.